• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Skidd

I just learned the true beauty of dodge offset during phase 2 of
Armstrong
fight. Jesus Christ, does it feel good.

Darkone

I am on the last Boss battle but i got to him with no health supply, anything i can do to get some without the need to restart the chapter?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There's no way that he's legitimately that bad. He parried an attack by accident and didn't even comment on it. I'm convinced that the video is just representative of the raging DSP character.

He says he hams it up a bit but I do think that is legitimate frustration in the videos. He is really, really bad at games and misses blatantly obvious stuff constantly.

"THAT WAS MY FAULT SOMEHOW??????"

"MY SLASHES DON'T WORK"

"YOU KNOW WHAT, DOESN'T WORK"

"WON'T LINE UP!!!!!!!!!!"

"THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED!!!!"

"WHERE THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO SLASH HIM?"

"THIS BOSS IS A FUCKING PUZZLE INSTEAD OF A BOSS!!"

who the fuck acts like this while playing a game lol
oh my god, never change DSP

Roto13

He says he hams it up a bit but I do think that is legitimate frustration in the videos. He is really, really bad at games and misses blatantly obvious stuff constantly.

I have a friend who made it all the way to the last boss without realizing that slicing an enemy in the right spot (marked by the box) is how trigger a zandatsu opportunity.

It's amazing what some people miss.

Maybe this is what happens when your first instinct is to blame the game instead of yourself. Even if the game beats him over the head with what to do - I guess he assumes that the very idea he is doing something wrong is preposterous and impossible. His ego must be enormous.

who the fuck acts like this while playing a game lol
oh my god, never change DSP

people who suck at video games but who are too proud to admit it.

Seriously, DSP must think he is the greatest player to ever live.

Any game that doesn't allow him to mash so he can breeze thru the game without paying attention must be broken.

Only he would hate one of the best fights in the game.... but then again it actually required skill so I shouldn't be surprised.

All his vids are the same.
Anything he has to learn (EDIT: or use common game sense)gives him trouble...
...and gas

jett

D-Member
BTW can someone give me detailed rundown on how to S-rank the building onslaught in R-04? There is absolutely no way I'm attempting that cold on my own.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
On the flipside, Two Best Friends is doing a Let's Play and really doing a pretty reasonable job understanding the system and experimenting. It doesn't hurt that Pat has a lot of action game experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdU0JKNIIyU

I love watching them get hype over the game and seeing their reactions since it's their first playthrough. Includes
Mistral
boss fight towards the end.

BTW can someone give me detailed rundown on how to S-rank the building onslaught in R-04? There is absolutely no way I'm attempting that cold on my own.

I used a guide. I don't care if it's cheating or whatever, I wanted a breakdown of the point requirements. There's one on Gamefaqs that works equally well, except that the actual enemies and strats don't work for Revengeance.

EDIT: Oh whoops, I misunderstood. You were specifically talking about the lobby fight, not the entire level.

It's not as hard as it appears to be honestly, my first attempt took 20 minutes and I still got S. The ranking is rather lenient for this one, I can't give you the exact numbers but here's my advice.
Equip wig 1, makes your life infinitely easier.

Zandatsu anything that comes close to you, this includes 2 shield guys, several slider guys who will run up to you once you kill their sliders, and 2 Mastiffs

Use the turrets to rack up 100 hits combo, do it when it's absolutely safe.

RPG guys will spawn on the second wave, they are the hardest to deal with, don't even attempt to use the gun turret when they're around, use the homing missile from an angle where you can hit them but they can't fire back

The last wave is a single GRAD, who will fire homing missiles at you like crazy, stun it with EMP grenade from a safe distance and homing missile/mini-gun it when it's stunned

Salih

DSP is such a fucking idiot. The fact that his channel is so popular is a real disgrace.
Well...actually it is quite the opposite. He made a video not a long time ago about losing viewers and not knowing why....lol

btw. i am not even finished with the game. but i am nearing the ending.... :(

jett

D-Member
I used a guide. I don't care if it's cheating or whatever, I wanted a breakdown of the point requirements. There's one on Gamefaqs that works equally well, except that the actual enemies and strats don't work for Revengeance.

EDIT: Oh whoops, I misunderstood. You were specifically talking about the lobby fight, not the entire level.

No, I was talking about the section where you're running through building while you're getting shot at from outside the windows by sliders. There's a like a bunch of checkpoints in there.

It's not as hard as it appears to be honestly, my first attempt took 20 minutes and I still got S. The ranking is rather lenient for this one, I can't give you the exact numbers but here's my advice.
Equip wig 1, makes your life infinitely easier.

Zandatsu anything that comes close to you, this includes 2 shield guys, several slider guys who will run up to you once you kill their sliders, and 2 Mastiffs

Use the turrets to rack up 100 hits combo, do it when it's absolutely safe.

RPG guys will spawn on the second wave, they are the hardest to deal with, don't even attempt to use the gun turret when they're around, use the homing missile from an angle where you can hit them but they can't fire back

The last wave is a single GRAD, who will fire homing missiles at you like crazy, stun it with EMP grenade from a safe distance and homing missile/mini-gun it when it's stunned

I didn't mean that section but thanks anyway.

Robot Pants

Use the infinite sub weapon wig and shoot homing missiles over the sides.
Then as SOON as you kill the last guy before the grad comes, throw an emp grenade in the middle of the arena. There's a YouTube video that shows this whole strategy.
That whole fight is retarded.

Edit: oh. Just run dude. Then use the sai to stun the grad at the end. And use ripper mode to take it out in 2 seconds
You don't need to fight anyone except the grad to get an s rank

No, I was talking about the section where you're running through building while you're getting shot at from outside the windows by sliders. There's a like a bunch of checkpoints in there.

I didn't mean that section but thanks anyway.

If you don't care about no-damage, running straight through is totally fine because you get a beefy bonus for short completion time, just make sure to get a 30-40 hit combo on the GRAD and Zandatsu it.

If you have maximum nano-paste, picking up some extra nano-paste for BP also helps

C0unter

This is what I did.
At the start run to the minigun's and start firing at the people on the pillars until the sliders come,once they do fire at the sliders.By now the guys with the sheild should have made it up.parry them to break the sheild and slide zandatsu any of the remaining grunts.

Once the second wave starts run back to the guns and fire at the guy on the left on the pillar on the pillar on the right because he has an rpg.The 3 rpg guys should start running in right now.Get the homming missiles if you dont have any and run to left,try to aim it at the guy in the middle.The first hit should hit both him and the guy on the right.For some reason once he gets hit,he switches from rpg to guns.Keep firing at the middle guy until he dies and then kill the guy on the left.I used a emp to stun him before firing at him.

Once you kill the remaning guys 2 mastiffs and few more guys on the pillar spawn.I lured the mastiffs into the narrorw area in front of the lifts and used ripper+polearm.Use min igun to kill any remaining grunts.

Grad should spawn now,you can pretty much ignore its hits and keep firing at it using the guns,sometimes a few missiles make it around and hit you.If you get down to like 2 nanopaste run back and blade more the red missiles for more paste.
The s rank requirement is actually pretty lenient for that section.
If anyone has any better stratergies feel free to share.

Edit:Oh lol you didnt mean that section.

Robot Pants

If you don't care about no-damage, running straight through is totally fine because you get a beefy bonus for short completion time, just make sure to get a 30-40 hit combo on the GRAD and Zandatsu it.

If you have maximum nano-paste, picking up some extra nano-paste for BP also helps
You don't need any of that. Or no damage. Simply beating it by running through and killing the grad quickly will get you the S

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Run straight through, perfect parry the GRAD at the end, run some more.... S-rank.

As long as you make the entire run in less than 2 minutes, you're golden.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah. Fuck yeah.gif No damaged Mistral
after having to redo checkpoints over and over and over for like two hours
on Very Hard. Her stupid second part is probably the hardest bit (but also the easiest) because you have limited room to dodge, so you have to parry her attacks, parry her throwing the tripods at you, and then ripper mode all those little suckers while mowing her down and not giving her a chance to grab them.

Felt bad ass to rip her a new one like that. "OH NO YOU DON'T, BITCH! *polearm all the little suckers and then proceed to twirl on the floor near her until she jumps.*"

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Watching some of DSP videos makes me feel so sorry for this family and anyone who has to deal with him. wow.

ultron87

Alright, off to session 3 of attempting the final boss.

Is there anyway to induce the QTE sequencse or does he just do them randomly? The punch one seems like by far the quickest way to do damage.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Is there anyway to induce the QTE sequencse or does he just do them randomly? The punch one seems like by far the quickest way to do damage.

If there's a way to initiate it, I haven't figure it out. It seems random.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
On the flipside, Two Best Friends is doing a Let's Play and really doing a pretty reasonable job understanding the system and experimenting. It doesn't hurt that Pat has a lot of action game experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdU0JKNIIyU

I love watching them get hype over the game and seeing their reactions since it's their first playthrough. Includes
Mistral
boss fight towards the end.

This is one of their better LPs in a while because it's hysterical listening to Pat just constantly FREAK OUT over how awesome everything is. Too bad they're playing on normal.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The best LPs are the ones where nobody talks

or they do post recording commentary so they can prepare interesting things to say.

I'll never get why people do LPs of a game they've never completed before but I guess I don't have to. They obviously have their audience.

offenesive dodge is useful when he is about to grab. If you in close when he is going to do the
yellow charge explosion dodge 2-3 times to avoid it.

get to around
160% health to get the Blade mode rock sequence

make sure on the
second slash you adjust the left stick to control the camera. No matter how you angle the direction of the slash it will the camera is purposefully off to test your skill in controlling blade mode

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
make sure on the
second slash you adjust the left stick to control the camera. No matter how you angle the direction of the slash it will the camera is purposefully off to test your skill in controlling blade mode

Or just run forward to avoid that sequence entirely. :3

Serra

Ok so Monsoon is kicking my ass!

Its all fine and dandy but when I fuck up once and he hits me, I get stunned and im supposed to shake the stick or whatever the fuck, I fail to do it, he hits me again -> im stunned again -> i fail to shake the stick quick enough to recover before he hits me again.

Am I supposed to move the stick side to side as fast as possible or is it a rolling motion or what?

RangerBAD

Just found out you can pretty much do an infinite juggle on
Sundowner
. I was working on the combo and did forward - forward - light attack and tossed him in the air. Then I spammed light attacks while locked on. Got 73 hits by the time he got to 10%. I missed
Sam's
S rank by 200 points. I guess you have to win in 3 minutes or under along with the 50 hit combo.

Top Bottom