• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Fucking VR mission 17. I finally managed to blow up the last raptor and then notice a dwarf gekko hopping around. Had to run pick up a grenade and quick throw it just to beat the mission with one second to spare.

Darkone

Still haven't defeated The last boss (playing on Hard), good thing my play time is late at night and the wife & kids are asleep other wise i would scream and i don`t think my PS3 was in one piece by now.

I restarted the chapter and got to him with two health packs, hope tonight i will bring him down.

Finished it yesterday evening, was dreading the last boss after all the comments here but did it first time. Plenty of time to line up the cuts and they drop nanopaste if you're stuck.

Going for all collectibles now, amazing game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The soundtrack elevated so many moments to pure greatness. I'm a huge fan of the last boss, it's also accompanied by my favorite song in the game.
The soundtrack makes the game. I found myself smiling even more when the lyrics started kicking into the boss fights. Cheesy as shit? Sure. Do I care? Hell no! This shit is awesome. It works so incredibly well in-game that it's hard to ignore how much of an impact it can possibly have on someone's playstyle or how they feel about a particular boss fight in the end.

I genuinely think the soundtrack and the game go together extremely well. Really good song selection here. I'm impressed with it.

Are the motion inputs relative to Raiden's position or just universal? Like, the back forward +P is done considering Raiden's point of view?
Back-forward + attack is kind of wonky in general. sometimes it'll register for me and sometimes it doesn't. I'll even do in the opposite direction I was intending sometimes.

I wish lock-on could be used to lock the direction Raiden's facing to make that easier.

Monocle

The Worst is yet to come.
VR missions 18 and 19 aren't so bad because they involve regular combat. There are some very good strategies for both on YouTube. I cleared them in maybe 3 hours total.

Mission 17 is the worst overall because you're forced to use subweapons, but it's totally manageable if you use grenades on all the troops in room 1 and the rocket dudes in room 2 (it helps to jump up onto their platform), and tracking missiles on everything else. The only time you want to zoom with the missiles is when you're aiming at the small Gekkos, BTW. Otherwise just tap LB/L1 to quickfire.

Guess Who

Banned
Mistral's is my JAM. Blade Wolf's is good but you barely hear any of it because he dies absurdly fast.

It's kind of sad the the huge damage you do after upgrading your weapons means the earlier bosses don't last as long or pose as much of a challenge as they did the first go 'round.

Darkone

Question about Last boss fight:

When i get the red sword does the Main weapons upgrade stack for it, i still haven`t got the +5 strength bonus & i don`t know if i should get it.

FaceDa

Banned
There needs to be youtube videos dubbing RULES OF NATURE over everything. Like a man puts butter on his toast and bites it: RULES OF NATURE aliiiive

i really hope so, this series has a lot of potential. But i have doubts if Platinum will want to make it, they haven't really been making sequels :D

They've already said that they want to make MGR2

AI: I really think I was able to see Raiden grow independently and strong as a character and as a man. To be part of that was an honor. Moving forward, if Kojima Productions feels that another Raiden game is needed I would love to be a part of making Raiden’s next growth.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/1...rrying-and-other-questions-for-platinumgames/

Kojima said multiple times that he wants it to happen, and that Platinum would be the studio to handle it since he doesn't think anyone else could do it.

There's a bit of tribute to Kojima as well in Mistral and Courtney's cutscenes. Too bad they're not realtime; I really missed the R1 for First person view option during those moments.

Endo Punk

I really can't emphasise how much I love playing this game, it cut its outs niche in the genre and there really isn't anything quite like it. Blade mode just never gets old and I adore the parry and dodge mechanic. This is the 3rd time Ive fallen in love with the genre all over again; first being Devil May Cry1 and the next Ninja Gaiden.

It's good to know KOjima and Platinum want another one because I sure would love to see how they flash it out next gen with a proper dev time.

Jintor

Christ, shit gets real on Very Hard and above. And by real I mean bullshit. Having five gorillas constantly attacking you with a crazy mix of normals with different parry timing and unblockable grabs from every direction is INSANE. Even the samurai cyborgs become annoying as shit with their parries of your parries and being able to lock you down from six directions at once. ALSO, INSTANTANEOUS ROCKET LAUNCHER DUDES. Good thing most of them are squishy so you can just slidekick + blade mode, but jesus they're annoying.

The whacked out camera is not helping

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Christ, shit gets real on Very Hard and above. And by real I mean bullshit. Having five gorillas constantly attacking you with a crazy mix of normals with different parry timing and unblockable grabs from every direction is INSANE. Even the samurai cyborgs become annoying as shit with their parries of your parries and being able to lock you down from six directions at once. ALSO, INSTANTANEOUS ROCKET LAUNCHER DUDES. Good thing most of them are squishy so you can just slidekick + blade mode, but jesus they're annoying.

Scrub.

Currently having trouble with
Senator
on Revengeance difficulty. How much damage do you need to do to him when
you're at the bit right after he breaks your sword? Couldn't get him under 98.8 yesterday which I guess wasn't enough

I didn't have nearly as much trouble on Very Hard, got past it rather quickly.

Feindflug

They've already said that they want to make MGR2

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/1...rrying-and-other-questions-for-platinumgames/

Kojima said multiple times that he wants it to happen, and that Platinum would be the studio to handle it since he doesn't think anyone else could do it.

These are very good news! I'm very happy that this collaboration turned out great for both KojiPro and Platinum. ^_^

BTW my favorite theme in the game is by far Mistral's, so fuckin' awesome.

Monsoon's theme was the most hype to me, the theme began and I was like ''Oh shit, I heard he was one of the hardest, shit shit shit! OK GO!'' :p

Yes. Most hype moment of the game is when that song kicks in.

AND IT WILL FLOW
LIKE A FLOOD OF RAIN
POURIN' DOWN ON ME
AND IT WILL NOT LET UP
UNTIL THE END IS HERE
AND IT WILL GLOW
THROUGH THE DARKEST DAY
IN THE FINAL HOUR
AND IT WILL NEVER REST
UNTIL THE CLOUDS ARE CLEAR
UNTIL IT FINDS MY DREAMS AND
DISAPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-EEEEARS

Jintor

He came at it from this weird angle I don't think any other review came at it from ==;;

I think it's really weird how you can't work subweapons into a combo smoothly, it's got this awkward-ass motion even if you're just tapping L2. Can't even fling a 'nade mid-combo.

McNum

Been playing this and i must say that fighting against those "hulk bots" are almost impossible.
I assume you're talking about the Mastiffs, the gorilla like ones that like to grab you?

They're there to teach you a new gameplay rule: Red flash means parry, yellow flash means dodge.

Use the Defensive Offense skill just before they grab you and they'll only grab air. Punish them for their clumsiness, then cut off their arms so all they have left is their dropkick move which isn't that hard to parry.

For the Naked and Unloved title do you have to erase all your progress and start a new game or can you just unequip everything in the character menu before starting a game?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
For the Naked and Unloved title do you have to erase all your progress and start a new game or can you just unequip everything in the character menu before starting a game?

Yep

The title is for completing the game on hard or higher with no fuel or health upgrades, which to my knowledge can't be unequipped

and if I'm mistaken and they can be, the guide says it requires a new playthrough if you don't want to take my word for it

That's why I did it sooner rather than later, before I had more of a commitment to upgrades and higher difficulty level rankings.

Top Bottom