• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Astral

Got to
SAM
without any health packs. I know you can pick them up there but it's not easy to track them down.

I think I'm done. I like the game but it's just too frustrating an experience at times. Way too much trial and error for me. I wish I could adjust the difficulty on the fly because I honestly have no intention of going back and playing this through again on easy just so I can get past this point.

Platinum - you have beaten me.

Edit: I know how to parry. That isn't the issue.

Then what is? To beat him I feel you really have to learn his moves. If you need nanopastes you can also go to chapter select and get some in some other level.

Neiteio

Got to
SAM
without any health packs. I know you can pick them up there but it's not easy to track them down.

I think I'm done. I like the game but it's just too frustrating an experience at times. Way too much trial and error for me. I wish I could adjust the difficulty on the fly because I honestly have no intention of going back and playing this through again on easy just so I can get past this point.

Platinum - you have beaten me.

Edit: I know how to parry. That isn't the issue.
There are a couple health packs in the Sam fight. Break open the crates. Also, use Ripper Mode -- push in two analog sticks at the same time when your fuel gauge is full. You'll glow red and deal significantly more damage. At that point, keep parrying him, and use the dodge move (X+Square with a direction) to circle-strike him. Eventually you'll disarm him; parry his running grabs (or jump over them) and keep pummeling him. When he rearms himself, the fight plays out similarly to the start.

In terms of timing, the move he pummels you the most with is his four-strike attack: He strikes once, twice, paaaaaauses, then third time, fourth time. So to parry, block once, block twice, then wait a moment before blocking the third and fourth strikes.

Also, you can easily stock up on nanopaste by going to Story --> Chapter Select --> R-01 and getting the nanopaste in the first building. Save through Courtney, then hit Restart; you'll be back at that checkpoint, still have your nanopaste, and you can grab it again. Keep doing this until you have five nanopastes. Then save, exit out and select the Sam chapter.

Then what is? To beat him I feel you really have to learn his moves. If you need nanopastes you can also go to chapter select and get some in some other level.

There are a couple health packs in the Sam fight. Break open the crates. Also, use Ripper Mode -- push in two analog sticks at the same time when your fuel gauge is full. You'll glow red and deal significantly more damage. At that point, keep parrying him, and use the dodge move (X+Square with a direction) to circle-strike him. Eventually you'll disarm him; parry his running grabs (or jump over them) and keep pummeling him. When he rearms himself, the fight plays out similarly to the start.

Also, you can easily stock up on nanopaste by going to Story --> Chapter Select --> R-01 and getting the nanopaste in the first building. Save through Courtney, then hit Restart; you'll be back at that checkpoint, still have your nanopaste, and you can grab it again. Keep doing this until you have five nanopastes. Then save, exit out and select the Sam chapter.

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a shot.

Neiteio

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a shot.
Make sure you have the dodge move -- you have to purchase it in the Customization menu. I believe it's called Offensive Defensive or some such. X + Square with a direction (left to circle left, right to circle right; you can also leap backwards with it, and in all cases you hit as you move, hence "Offensive Defensive").

Also note, you have to just keep wailing on Sam -- eventually the screen will flash blue (usually when he's around 67% health -- his health bar is in the lower right corner), and you can go into Blade Time, line up your target with his sword hand, and knock the sword out of his hand. This triggers the second phase, where he charges like a bull and you have to parry him or jump over him and keep hitting him.

Serious question: Why are all cyborg ninjas so far not even close to be japanese? :p

conceptZERO.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Serious question: Why are all cyborg ninjas so far not even close to be japanese? :p

because Japan has been demilitarized I guess.

Not alot of reason for a Japanese national to submit to full body cyborg conversion, or work for PMCs

Not going to use this so, Inferno Armor PM me for it.

Edit, Woops, 360 version, and its taken unless the guy doesn't have that version.

RangerBAD

On Monsoon in Revengeance. I thought I would win pretty easy and I almost did, but I managed to mess up. I wish you could actually hit him with perfect parries. I ended up having to replay R-01 and R-02 because of the No Damage glitch.

Does Monsoon have the most moves of any boss? Seems that way. I'm probably forgetting some, but:

- Repeat kicks on the ground
- Repeat sai strikes on ground
- Launches Raiden, spikes him to ground, pins and stabs
- Detached limb dodging
- Whirlwind o' body parts projectiles
- Upper torso spin attack
- Lower torso kick attack
- Whirling lunge attack
- Extendo-hand sai stabbing
- Flinging choppers and APCs
- Lorentz Force a.k.a. Wheel of Misfortune
- Grand finale with the obelisk

Feel like I'm forgetting something. Amazing boss, although the final boss is my fave.

In this game? or in general

Cus Jeanne beats him by a country mile.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
"YOUR MEME HAS BEEN CUT OFF, JACK!"

Got Monsoon down to 40% like twice out of the 50+ attempts I did with the level 3 P. blades. I'm starting to get the hang of it but dodging his Sai rush is IMPOSSIBLE unless I have a lot of backward dodging space. Dodging left or right may work if I get lucky.

But yeah, as soon as he hits 40% he throws his Sai and I completely fucking miss the parry and get hit. RAGE. I could get his ass now if he'd stop using cheap-ass bullshit-hits on me.

if you can parry the first at least you can hit him with the Sai to stun before the 2nd one comes out

Endo Punk

HAHA! VR Mission 18 is aced. Didn't even need the scissor swords. The Fenrir was the only foe that caused any trouble. Damn dog blasting lazers left and right.

BTW what does version 2 update fix?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
My LE lamp just decided to break itself. It doesn't scatter around anymore and now it just puts out green light at the top. The cap on the sword also looks busted and some type of stuff is coming out, it looks like tape from a cassette. Can I contact Konami about this? So cheap. It only scatters if I put my finger on it.

Neiteio

Only thing I don't really agree with is his request to give parry a separate button. Other than that good suggestions. Better fleshed out secondary weapons along with easy switching between them should definitely be addressed.
I can't watch this video right now, but is this person calling for parry to simply be mapped to a button press? Wouldn't that defeat the point of the way it is now, where you push forward and attack, creating the sense of canceling out incoming force with an equal and opposite force of your own?

RangerBAD

Where's the code for the Casshan armor? They should have done a deal with Tatsunoko.

1337656794651.gif

(Prefer the original Casshan, but Casshan from Sins kind of fits with Raiden more.)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I can't watch this video right now, but is this person calling for parry to simply be mapped to a button press? Wouldn't that defeat the point of the way it is now, where you push forward and attack, creating the sense of canceling out incoming force with an equal and opposite force of your own?

He's complaining about the timing for perfect parries being lenient and mashing the light attack will often trigger it without you really timing for it. Don't really agree with that point. Like you said, it's a core part of the combat philosophy and it worked really well.

demidar

He's complaining about the timing for perfect parries being lenient and mashing the light attack will often trigger it without you really timing for it. Don't really agree with that point. Like you said, it's a core part of the combat philosophy and it worked really well.

Mashing parry will most definitely protect you from all attacks, but at the cost of being offensive. Therefore experts will only parry when they need to (perfect parry) and spend the rest of the time killing everything else. It's risk vs. reward.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Mashing parry will most definitely protect you from all attacks, but at the cost of being offensive. Therefore experts will only parry when they need to (perfect parry) and spend the rest of the time killing everything else. It's risk vs. reward.

His point was that the perfect parry will come out too often when someone's doing that, skewing that balance between risk and reward towards the reward part too much.

Roto13

It says "Only valid in US" but I signed up with my real CAnadian address and used the code on my Canadian PSN account and it worked. So yeah.

Top Bottom