• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Jintor

Cheers JP.

Is Hot Wind Blowing an unused song in-game?

God, I hope someone asks about their music mixing process. The way the battles are tied to the music is soooooo hype

I bought the soundtrack a few hours ago, but I just realized that The Hot Wind Blowing wasn't included. Was it removed from the iTunes version when it was first pulled?

JPKellams

I bought the soundtrack a few hours ago, but I just realized that The Hot Wind Blowing wasn't included. Was it removed from the iTunes version when it was first pulled?

They pulled Hot Winds entirely!? It's just supposed to be album only. What country's iTunes did you buy from?

They pulled Hot Winds entirely!? It's just supposed to be album only. What country's iTunes did you buy from?

I bought it from the US iTunes; neither version of The Hot Wind Blowing was included. I just checked and it looks like the album was pulled briefly and then reuploaded with the missing tracks included, though.

JPKellams

I bought it from the US iTunes; neither version of The Hot Wind Blowing was included. It seems like they just pulled the album again, though.

It is up on my iPhone with the album live and both tracks included.

Sorry for the confusion. I've been working to get all of it sorted.

Carbonox

Question regarding S ranking Revengeance:

Do you need to do it all in one run? Or can you A rank chapter 1, S rank the rest of the game but return afterwards to S rank chapter 1? I haven't S ranked chapter 1 but am S ranking chapter 2 so far (just S ranked Wolf).

Question regarding S ranking Revengeance:

Do you need to do it all in one run? Or can you A rank chapter 1, S rank the rest of the game but return afterwards to S rank chapter 1? I haven't S ranked chapter 1 but am S ranking chapter 2 so far (just S ranked Wolf).

You can use chapter select but the trophy will only pop if you complete R-07 last. If you complete R-07 earlier you'll need to do it again after finishing everything else.

You don't like Red Sun!? For shame!!

Personally I think it has the best dynamic transition into lyrics out of all of them.

duckroll

My favorite boss theme depends on which boss I'm fighting at the given moment! Lol. :D

Dynamic music makes action games soooooooooo much better. :p

I'll cry so hard if there's a Rising 2 and the musical style is changed. Rising is a top 5 of all time soundtrack for me.

What about individual battle rankings? If I S rank a chapter aside from one battle, do I need to replay the whole chapter again or is going through and getting an S rank on the one I missed out on enough?

Yep. Chapters have to be done in one run.

Carbonox

You can use chapter select but the trophy will only pop if you complete R-07 last. If you complete R-07 earlier you'll need to do it again after finishing everything else.

Thanks, so it's fine for me to S rank the mode in any retarded order, providing R-07 is completed last. That eases things I think.

What about individual battle rankings? If I S rank a chapter aside from one battle, do I need to replay the whole chapter again or is going through and getting an S rank on the one I missed out on enough?

Monocle

VR 18 really is the worst part of the game. Swinging camera that's too close, Mastiffs that always jump on to a wall off screen, Dwarf Gekkos that have very weak attack signifiers. Anyone have any tips on how to fight the Mastiffs and anything past that?
This video took me from dying constantly on the Mastiffs to clearing the final round on my first try in about half an hour.

Mission 18 isn't bad at all if you use the right strategies. Same with 19 (where the pincers destroy everything).

Bros, just booted it up and played for about 3 minutes before coming here to enquire... I've input the Cyborg Ninja DLC code and in addition to not really digging how it looks, I've also realised that it gives you another sword. Is that correct? I definitely want my first run through to be vanilla, so is there any way to deselect the suit and default to vanilla Raiden/equipment, or do I have to delete the DLC itself?

Cheers!

Bedlam

Bros, just booted it up and played for about 3 minutes before coming here to enquire... I've input the Cyborg Ninja DLC code and in addition to not really digging how it looks, I've also realised that it gives you another sword. Is that correct? I definitely want my first run through to be vanilla, so is there any way to deselect the suit and default to vanilla Raiden/equipment, or do I have to delete the DLC itself?

Cheers!
Huh? Don't you have to buy the "suit" and the sword first in the customization menu? I don't recall it being selected automatically when I put in the code.

Just select "custom body" in the customization menu instead of cyborg ninja.

Where be that, man? And will it give me the stock blade?

EDIT:
Huh? Don't you have to buy the "suit" and the sword first in the customization menu? I don't recall it being selected automatically when I put in the code.

Ohhhhh. Wait up. I think I'm being stupid. See, I've played the demo and I assumed that the suit you have in the demo is what I'd be starting with, as opposed to this bare get-up without a helm (which I assumed was the Cyborg Ninja suit). Incorrect-o?

Carbonox

S ranked R-01 on Revengeance. Did Mistral pretty much first time. So easy even on Revengeance.

I need to go back to R-00 though and S rank that. Such a dickhead mission though cos of how limited you are and how much of a bell piece Ray is.

I'd rather get R-00 out of the way before I go on from R-02. R-02 is a twattish mission full stop so I can't wait to experience it Revengeance style.

Yeah, foxblade costs 200.000BP. You don't get it for free. Press select. Or at the title there is customization.

Edith: Yeah, R-00 is white raiden. That's normal. After that chapter Raiden gets a new body. Like in Ninja Gaiden Black.

Bedlam

Where be that, man? And will it give me the stock blade?

EDIT:

Ohhhhh. Wait up. I think I'm being stupid. See, I've played the demo and I assumed that the suit you have in the demo is what I'd be starting with, as opposed to this bare get-up without a helm (which I assumed was the Cyborg Ninja suit). Incorrect-o?
That's what I figured. ;)

Raiden looks different in the prologue chapter.

Cyborg Ninja is this guy from the first MGS.

Carbonox

It's my least favorite as well, Mistral's theme is the best! :p

BTW anyone else love the A Soul Can't Be Cut song? It sounds like Ministry, Fear Factory and Pantera having a glorious threesome.

"A Soul Can't Be Cut" is fucking awesome. Love how it becomes the regular battle song later on in the game.

this game does motivation music the best out of any action game i've played. during the boss battles when i hear that piano drop/chorus during mistral's theme, it made me fight harder.

polar opposite of that piece of shit bayonetta soundtrack which was just a huge turnoff. actually almost everything in that game was a turnoff except for the stellar gameplay.

armstrong boss theme is the best because of that last 30 seconds. beneath the bloodstained saaaaaaaaaaaaaaands

that soundtrack is so bad. that character design is awful too, i skipped every cutscene after the first few. it really tested my beliefs that gameplay triumphs over art design

but i'm glad i played it because that belief is still true for me

actually it's really that dogshit main battle theme with the female vocals that i can't stand. all that over the top orchestra stuff was enjoyable enough.

edit: lol sorry guys, i just really despise the art design in this game.

Soodanim

The music is dynamic? I never paid attention to the music, aside from really liking Monsoon's music when it first started and it actually getting me a bit hyped. I even turned the music off during the last boss, because it only added to the anger I had in me at that time.

But that fact and the stylish Sam video make me want to try a Revengeance run at some point. Maybe after the DLC hits.

The music is dynamic? I never paid attention to the music, aside from really liking Monsoon's music when it first started and it actually getting me a bit hyped. I even turned the music off during the last boss, because it only added to the anger I had in me at that time.

But that fact and the stylish Sam video make me want to try a Revengeance run at some point. Maybe after the DLC hits.

This thread is hurting my brain.

I gotta go...lay down...or something....

Why would you.....*faints*

Minamu

With like 15 restarts during the last Mistral segment I finally managed to no-damage her. Then I realize the trophy won't unlock on Normal :lol Oh well, with even more powered up weapons, it'll be even easier I suppose.

Carbonox

Ripper mode Parrying in Revengeance mode is hilarious. When I fought Wolf for the first time, I parried him while he had 70%+ health and bam, insta-kill. Battle rank: C. :lol

Restarted and tried to play against him more normally so I don't 'break' the fight and was able to bag S rank legit. Just as easy as in the other modes but the first time round I underestimated dat #RipperParry.

With like 15 restarts during the last Mistral segment I finally managed to no-damage her. Then I realize the trophy won't unlock on Normal :lol Oh well, with even more powered up weapons, it'll be even easier I suppose.

She's no different on the higher modes. Incredibly easy and it helps there are checkpoints throughout the whole boss fight. I was shitting on her from great heights to the point where she was only able to attack me with her staff 10% of the time due to me constantly breaking the poor thing and her running away for most of it.

Yeah, with full upgrades hard is not a problem at all. Last boss I skipped the whole rocks stuff due to getting a good combo on him right after the start. He got green immediately. Blade mode -> stun. Hit him hard enough to skip to the next green phase. Already the last qte started than. Took me well maybe 2 minutes.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Working my way through this S run slowly:
QJFkgKjl.jpg

POidVFXl.jpg

RSbbhICl.jpg

oiOj2gPl.jpg

Bedlam

I've also started S-ranking my way through Revengeance but I'm always afraid of missing encounters. Is there a list somewhere? I'm currently in the Refinery and I'm not sure whether I have to trigger the security cameras for the enemies to appear or whether I can run/sneak through there.

Also, the S-rank for saving the civilians appears only the first time you do it, right?

Once you beat the game, can you go back and choose which missions to do? Or do I have to go back through it all again? I'd like to S-Rank these, but I'll probably want to go out of order by getting certain ones out of the way first.

Revven

Once you beat the game, can you go back and choose which missions to do? Or do I have to go back through it all again? I'd like to S-Rank these, but I'll probably want to go out of order by getting certain ones out of the way first.

I think you have to play the specific difficulty first one time through before you can chapter select it. That's what I had to do for Easy and Normal even though I played through the game on Hard. While on Hard I was able to select any chapter because I had already played through that difficulty.

demidar

Working my way through this S run slowly:

Have fun with Monsoon. I'm trying to get through the lobby now, GRAD is extremely hard to take down.

edit: Just did it, No Damage bonus is far from necessary but you need lots of Zandatsus. Use RP grenades on the GRAD since it disables it for far longer than an EM grenade then pummel with turret.

Leunam

Beat the game on hard last night. Went into the last fight with no paste and basically relying on getting drops during the fight. After so many failed attempts (more than every other time in the game), I beat the last 50% of the health bar with no problems.

My mind was going "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit" at the end. Was really worried I would fuck it all up.

Top Bottom