• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

I'm bricking it with the GRAD encounter on R-02 on Revengeance. I want to S rank it to finish that chapter altogether but the checkpoint system is fucked. You fuck up the part before the main fight and you can't return to it as a checkpoint kicks in.

Best way to approach this? If I can knock him back without getting hit, victory but otherwise I need to play this on point cos I don't wanna go through the chapter again seeing as I've already S ranked every battle bar this one.

Are you backing up your save between checkpoints? I always go back to the main menu and copy my save file to another slot after a checkpoint. Third slot is for full chapter clears, and in between chapters I upload the saves to the cloud

That way you can just go back and restore your save from another slot if you mess something up

I'm bricking it with the GRAD encounter on R-02 on Revengeance. I want to S rank it to finish that chapter altogether but the checkpoint system is fucked. You fuck up the part before the main fight and you can't return to it as a checkpoint kicks in.

Best way to approach this? If I can knock him back without getting hit, victory but otherwise I need to play this on point cos I don't wanna go through the chapter again seeing as I've already S ranked every battle bar this one.

You'll probably have to start over if you haven't done this already but---save backup. It will save you a lot of trouble with the game's tacky checkpointing/encounter structure many times during the game.

Carbonox

Are you backing up your save between checkpoints? I always go back to the main menu and copy my save file to another slot after a checkpoint. Third slot is for full chapter clears, and in between chapters I upload the saves to the cloud

That way you can just go back and restore your save from another slot if you mess something up

You can copy the saves? I didn't know that. Will definitely need to do that. Can you do it from the main menu?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
By the way, I swear I remember people saying that a patch was out yesterday or something for MGR. I never got one?

I think it was a false alarm. I never got one either. Maybe their cache cleared and they had to re-download the initial patch? As long as it still reads V2 in the corner, I don't think anything's changed.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think it was a false alarm. I never got one either. Maybe their cache cleared and they had to re-download the initial patch? As long as it still reads V2 in the corner, I don't think anything's changed.

Well mine says V1 in the menu and I was streaming my S run-through from Chapters R-00 - R-02 while on PSN yesterday and was never prompted for an update.

Revven

Free DLC?

FREE DLC?

Thank you based Konami! I was expecting to pay for the VR Missions but hey they're FREE and coming next week?!

I'm not even done playing yet and now they're going to be making me play even longer!?

I honestly thought the VR missions were going to be the real meat of the game like Vanquish. With online leaderboards etc. It was nice being one of the few people to beat mission 6 in Vanquish. SHIT WAS INSANE.

Sephzilla

Raiden can take one out with his old body. Imagine what he can do to it with his new body.

How about some DLCs that are VR recreations of past moments in Raiden's life.

Examples:
--Defeat 3 Geckos while defending Solid Snake
--Fight Vamp in the Metal Gear REX hangar
--Fight Solidus Snake

Yeah. It's the $1.99 skin, which is the same body as the R-00 skin, just with a different head.

You only need to beat that level on Hard to unlock it, btw.

Just like extra content should be... unlockable (hugs Bayonetta)
Fuck that, give me 3 Armstrongs at once. Hand-to-hand only.

Would love all these boss fight suggestions.
I know at least one of the DLC VR missions is hand to hand only :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How about some DLCs that are VR recreations of past moments in Raiden's life.

Examples:
--Defeat 3 Geckos while defending Solid Snake
--Fight Vamp in the Metal Gear REX hangar
--Fight Solidus Snake

I'd love something like this but I feel like it's a lot more work than will go into this free DLC pack. Tons of new models, enemy behaviors, and voices would be required. Here's hoping we at least get the Solidus and Vamp showdowns at some point (MGR2).

Man. Died against the final boss so many times with 2 nanopaste, went back and got all 5 nanopaste slots filled, only to wind up using just one throughout the battle and winning. Oh well, Very Hard, here I come.

Sephzilla

I'd love something like this but I feel like it's a lot more work than will go into this free DLC pack. Tons of new models, enemy behaviors, and voices would be required. Here's hoping we at least get the Solidus and Vamp showdowns at some point (MGR2).

Yeah, obviously stuff like this would require extra work - more-so than they can probably afford to put in right now.

In general I think Vamp and Solidus would make excellent bosses for a MGR game. On that note I actually think Psycho Mantis would be kind of neat too, given his mind-reading he could be a super dodge happy boss who's hard to hit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man. Died against the final boss so many times with 2 nanopaste, went back and got all 5 nanopaste slots filled, only to wind up using just one throughout the battle and winning. Oh well, Very Hard, here I come.

You can get nanopaste during the fight. Every boulder he throws at you that you cut gives you some.

Peace Tea

Is the amount of playtime spent, on the non-ranked sections of a chapter, factored into the final chapter ranking?

Or a clearer way of asking this is: Has anyone S-ranked all sections of chapter but then received an A ranking for that same Chapter?

Neiteio

In Rising 2, each boss fight should be its own chapter, like Sam's in Rising 1. The game could alternate between regular level chapters and boss level chapters, the regular levels ending with mini-boss fights like the GRAD(s) in the Mexico chapter.

Yeah, I wound up just avoiding very single one because I could never line them up in time. Easily the part of the game that I hated the most.

it wont line up until you adjust the left stick (which controls the camera in blade mode)

You only need to line up 3 out of 4 boxes

In Rising 2, each boss fight should be its own chapter, like Sam's in Rising 1. The game could alternate between regular level chapters and boss level chapters, the regular levels ending with mini-boss fights like the GRAD(s) in the Mexico chapter.

In Rising 2, When going for a non lethal run, instead of using the wooden sword, you should have the option to unequip your sword so you can go bare fisted MGS2 style Raiden

it wont line up until you adjust the left stick (which controls the camera in blade mode)

You only need to line up 3 out of 4 boxes

In Rising 2, When going for a non lethal run, instead of using the wooden sword, you should have the option to unequip your sword so you can go bare fisted MGS2 style Raiden

Naked Raiden needs to be an unlockable costume.

He wouldn't even need to hold his junk like before. They can just leave it blank there now like a Ken doll or something since he's like 90% cyberized now anyway.

Neiteio

That'd be cool. Also, some sort of fuel-regulated stealth camo or octocamo for stealth sections.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
idk what this LAW OF THE WILD thing is all about but for whatever reason seeing the threads updated title over the weekened got me to downloading the demo. Will give it a try alil later. I hope you're happy person that added it to the title!!

so1337

Fuck the last boss. FUCK. THAT. GUY.
¨
I think I might be done with this game. I've managed to pull off Zandatsu ONCE out of TEN TIMES. Egregious.

Why would they make me hate the game on the home stretch? GODDAMNIT.

/rant

Revven

Fuck the last boss. FUCK. THAT. GUY.
¨
I think I might be done with this game. I've managed to pull off Zandatsu ONCE out of TEN TIMES. Egregious.

Why would they make me hate the game on the home stretch? GODDAMNIT.

/rant

Advice: Line up with both sticks, you only need to get three of the four boxes. Additionally, you can run to avoid the boulders completely if you do not think you can do it.

Top Bottom