• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
In MGR2, after defeating VR Solidus, they should let you buy a Ninja Run upgrade:

9dVM4cP.gif

Tap R1+O for short quick bursts, or hold the buttons to control it like the boost in Vanquish.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
In Rising 2, each boss fight should be its own chapter, like Sam's in Rising 1. The game could alternate between regular level chapters and boss level chapters, the regular levels ending with mini-boss fights like the GRAD(s) in the Mexico chapter.
I'd like this a lot. I'm not a big fan of chapter 3 but I like the boss and it would be nice to be able to skip to it. DmC did this for most of the boss fights and it was great.

Revven

I'd, personally, love a Boss Rush mode more than anything. This game is so deserving of it. I'd love to bombard Platinum to make this happen but idk if they'll do it. :(

Peace Tea

Fuck the last boss. FUCK. THAT. GUY.
¨
I think I might be done with this game. I've managed to pull off Zandatsu ONCE out of TEN TIMES. Egregious.

Why would they make me hate the game on the home stretch? GODDAMNIT.

/rant

This seems to come up alot in this thread.

Line up your right joystick with the outer edge of your screen and at the same angle (of the lined up boxes). If shit doesn't line up, time to move the left joystick either up or down. Good luck.

On a side note, I finally S-ranked 00 on Revengrance. Jeeze, what an intimidating fukin nightmare, initially at least. Things became a breeze after knowing what to do.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm seriously surprised at the amount of people who seem unable to fully grasp the controls of Zandatsu. :|
I had to switch to control Type B to get used to it. The default felt really awkward. Type B stick layout and using the face buttons have improved blade mode for me immensely.

so1337

Advice: Line up with both sticks, you only need to get three of the four boxes. Additionally, you can run to avoid the boulders completely if you do not think you can do it.
I don't think I can do it. The directional control just seems completely unreliable to me. It's especially frustrating since the rest of the game doesn't have ANY of that stuff.

Naked Raiden needs to be an unlockable costume.

He wouldn't even need to hold his junk like before. They can just leave it blank there now like a Ken doll or something since he's like 90% cyberized now anyway.

Lol.

Does the cartwheel flip facing the camera with his arms wide open and a smile on his face

Revven

It's especially frustrating since the rest of the game doesn't have ANY of that stuff.

Yes it does.
Monsoon, you have to use the left stick to line up the slash line to his head (which moves around awkwardly in slo-mo causing you to miss sometimes). Sundowner you have to line up the slash line with the shield that's highlighted to break it (though yes, I'm aware you can exploit the boss' AI and not do that at all). Even Mistral has you cutting her pole in certain sections of it (albeit it's very forgiving because it's the first of the major bosses).

It's possible if you put the time into it and when you get it, you get a ton of nanopastes for it to heal with. Otherwise, you can just run and hope you can handle the rest of the boss without more healing items.

I don't think I can do it. The directional control just seems completely unreliable to me. It's especially frustrating since the rest of the game doesn't have ANY of that stuff.
Sundowner had it but like him and the rocks it's optional.

Lining it up is all about the left stick (camera control while in blade mode)

Use the face buttons (triangle or y) to make the cut once you have the angle adjusted with the right stick, instead of flicking the right stick

chrono01

Use the face buttons (triangle or y) to make the cut once you have the angle adjusted with the right stick, instead of flicking the right stick

You don't even need to flick the right stick. Simply aim to gain the precise angle it needs and then release. It will slash after the stick resets to its default position.

As I stated earlier, I've never had a problem with manual slashes at all, but that might be because I've used it for the entirety of the game. To me, Zandatsu'ing the enemy is a lot more satisfying when done manually than by using Sqaure/Triangle.

I'm convinced using the right stick is better than face-buttons overall. You can attack w/more slashes per second, more accuracy for specific cuts and even when using the vertical button the first slash right after entering blade mode is always horizontal which can screw things up for you in Sundowner/final boss fights.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm convinced using the right stick is better than face-buttons overall. You can attack w/more slashes per second, more accuracy for specific cuts and even when using the vertical button the first slash right after entering blade mode is always horizontal which can screw things up for you in Sundowner/final boss fights.
I use type B so the left stick aims it and the button presses trigger the slash. It works out well for me. I like the control I have over the aim and don't mess up the angle manually at the last second.

Disconect

Neo Member
Fuck the last boss. FUCK. THAT. GUY.
¨
I think I might be done with this game. I've managed to pull off Zandatsu ONCE out of TEN TIMES. Egregious.

Why would they make me hate the game on the home stretch? GODDAMNIT.

/rant
Have you try it on Revengence ? lol good luck
One hit kill you ...

so1337

Yes it does.
Monsoon, you have to use the left stick to line up the slash line to his head (which moves around awkwardly in slo-mo causing you to miss sometimes). Sundowner you have to line up the slash line with the shield that's highlighted to break it (though yes, I'm aware you can exploit the boss' AI and not do that at all). Even Mistral has you cutting her pole in certain sections of it (albeit it's very forgiving because it's the first of the major bosses).
Hmm. Guess you're right. (I couldn't figure out Sundowner either so I just exploited that AI routine like you mentioned)
It's possible if you put the time into it and when you get it, you get a ton of nanopastes for it to heal with. Otherwise, you can just run and hope you can handle the rest of the boss without more healing items.
Eh, I just did it. Turns out using the left stick properly is paramount. Joke's on me.

You don't even need to flick the right stick. Simply aim to gain the precise angle it needs and then release. It will slash after the stick resets to its default position.

As I stated earlier, I've never had a problem with manual slashes at all, but that might be because I've used it for the entirety of the game. To me, Zandatsu'ing the enemy is a lot more satisfying when done manually than by using Sqaure/Triangle.

Using the sticks to cut always felt goofy and unintuitive to me even when I did it right, so I stopped entirely a quarter of the way through my first time. I started enjoying Blade Mode tenfold after I figured you could just use the face buttons.

When it gets thrown back in your face later on with Armstrong, I didn't have so much of a problem with it because as long as one know knows how to manually aim the cut, there's no hurdle to overcome.

Disconect

Neo Member
I use type B so the left stick aims it and the button presses trigger the slash. It works out well for me. I like the control I have over the aim and don't mess up the angle manually at the last second.

Not working on final boss wen he throw the big rock at you .

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

I bet a lot of people mistakenly swipe the right stick across to make cuts, instead of just angling and releasing it.

Yeah, I definitely prefer manual stick cuts in most situations. I just like having more control.

RangerBAD

Need some tips on Sam S rank. Can always get the hit combo, but I can't do it in under three minutes. I end up perfect parrying him too early in the fight. I don't want to use a wig (I haven't bought any) and I only have one Nanopaste so BP would be tough. Also, tips for
Metal Gear and Armstrong
would be great too.

Haha I just called Courtney lots and Raiden said
He just wanted to hear her voice
and she replied
Save it for your wife Raiden
. The codec in this game is so good.

Need some tips on Sam S rank. Can always get the hit combo, but I can't do it under three minutes. I end up perfect parrying him too early in the fight. I don't want to use a wig (I haven't bought any) and I only have one Nanopaste so BP would be tough. Also, tips for
Metal Gear and Armstrong
would be great too.
Collect both of the nanopaste items then go into the customise menu and exit. The battle will restart and you'll now have three (including the one you already have). Do the same again to get five. Then collect the nanopaste for the BP and fight the start of the battle using the Pincers. You can then perfect parry him down to nearly 30% (if not more) at which point you can use the Pincers to quickly defeat him after he rushes you (after three quick distance closing attacks he takes a break allowing a charge attack or two).

You need to do a small amount of manual camera control on the throwing part to line up 3 out of 4 boxes.

The direction you should move the left stick is up and to the right a bit- around one or two o'clock. Move your right thumb to around ten o'clock and release to cut. That's how I started to think when practicing the cut and now I can do it fairly consistently.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Haha I just called Courtney lots and Raiden said
He just wanted to hear her voice
and she replied
Save it for your wife Raiden
. The codec in this game is so good.

It'd be alot cooler if it wasn't the only default line for rejecting the option to save in the game.(outside of certain plot sequences)

Was so sick of hearing that when I got radio operator

Ephemeris

holy shit.

I came to vent about beating him on no damage just to lose to that three times and here you go with the game changer.

It still took me a couple tries, but I hate using the right stick for that stuff.

Happy that it wasn't the only way to beat Sundowner. Dodge worked wonders in that one.

I have a question of my own.

Is it possible to beat Sam and get the S-Rank.. but still get hit?

Because that's what happened and I skipped it too fast to see what awards I got.

TheOGB

Banned
I just beat the game.

chb82.gif

So. Fucking. Good. I swear to god, it is going to take a LOT for some other game to beat this as my GOTY.

Armstrong's rocks weren't shit. I only fucked up because I got trigger happy/too hyped.

Do you guys think a mod would let me change the thread subtitle to "Nanomachines, Son!" since it's now officially the game's worst-kept secret?

Carbonox

FUCK YOU MONSOON

He's easy to no-damage on Hard, he's easy to no-damage on Revengeance...up until he throws up to 8 or 9 fucking vehicles at you towards the end of the fight. You cut one, then another, then another, then the explosions cloud the fact that he's thrown fucking 4 or 5 at you AT ONCE. By then, it's too late to get them all cos you turn around to cut one, and another one on the opposite side is too close for you to get round to.

It's fucking ludicrous. Any tips or is it literally a case of lucking out with spamming blade mode? I know you can run away from vehicle throws but that only seems to work when it involves 1 or 2 vehicles, even 3 if you're lucky. Any more and one WILL hit you.

holy shit.

I came to vent about beating him on no damage just to lose to that three times and here you go with the game changer.

It still took me a couple tries, but I hate using the right stick for

Lol

Not bad once you learn it.

Seems easier to take the time to master the new system than to go thru a revengeance run

Put me down in the camp that loves Armstrong. Dude ate a full on hokuto hyakuretsu ken and shrugged that shit off. Must have been hanging out with Souther. When I first fought him I had trouble with the trash part but after using the "claw method" (lining up your zandatsu and using face buttons) I had no problems after that. When you can complete multiple trash chucking sequences you feel like such a boss especially with dat music. Is the sound track on iTunes? Do I need to look for individual tracks?

Catalix

FUCK YOU MONSOON

He's easy to no-damage on Hard, he's easy to no-damage on Revengeance...up until he throws up to 8 or 9 fucking vehicles at you towards the end of the fight. You cut one, then another, then another, then the explosions cloud the fact that he's thrown fucking 4 or 5 at you AT ONCE. By then, it's too late to get them all cos you turn around to cut one, and another one on the opposite side is too close for you to get round to.

It's fucking ludicrous. Any tips or is it literally a case of lucking out with spamming blade mode? I know you can run away from vehicle throws but that only seems to work when it involves 1 or 2 vehicles, even 3 if you're lucky. Any more and one WILL hit you.
The popular method seems to be standing all the way back (near the building), then running from one corner to the other.

But personally, I just stand my ground and use sideways Defensive Offence to avoid/slice through the incoming debris. More reliable and less stressful for me. Might not work for everyone though.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm very glad Konami decided to make the VR Missions a free update. It's very classy of them, and apparently a few of the missions will be remakes of some of the levels from the MGS VR Missions stand alone release.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm very glad Konami decided to make the VR Missions a free update. It's very classy of them, and apparently a few of the missions will be remakes of some of the levels from the MGS VR Missions stand alone release.

I'm glad they're free since I wanted to give them a shot but I hate the VR missions on the disk so much I was hesitant to pay for them.

ezekial45

Banned
And the best part is, we get the VR Mission where you can use the melee stance from the final boss for free! :D

I still wish we could get that as unlockable melee option for the actual campaign. It would've been a great option to have. They could've even modified the Blade Mode to utilize the rapid punch attack.

FUCK YOU MONSOON

I just make sure I get a ton of BP when the throwing attacks are more manageable then I just run from them. Takes a bit of luck not to get hit by the vehicles but its more effective then getting hit by some random helicopter.

Revven

I still wish we could get that as unlockable melee option for the actual campaign. It would've been a great option to have. They could've even modified the Blade Mode to utilize the rapid punch attack.

Yeah, me too. It would be so cool to have it in the single player. Maybe the VR Mission will be long enough to warrant playing it a bunch just to mess with it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was just doing my no damage run on the final boss and had an absolute rage inducing moment.

I can do the real fight in a minute and a half without taking damage but I took a hit at the very end of the fist fight where it checkpoints and immediately launches into a QTE. Only way to try again is to restart the whole chapter. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

FUCK YOU MONSOON

That was the only hard part for me. I tried running past them a few times but ended up still getting hit by them. It helps to use horizontal slashes on the ones that come in on the left and right and vertical slashes for the ones that come in above

Ephemeris

I was just doing my no damage run on the final boss and had an absolute rage inducing moment.

I can do the real fight in a minute and a half without taking damage but I took a hit at the very end of the fist fight where it checkpoints and immediately launches into a QTE. Only way to try again is to restart. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Ohhhh I know that feeling.

I traded blows with Sundowner last night at the very end. Killed him, he hit me once; Instant checkpoint when that happened. Never realized until the next segment. I only just destroyed him for good. I would have Sam covered, but I got robbed.

For that fight you're in...
When it's fists time I just ran around. No attacks; 2 and a half minutes later it goes into the cutscene.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ohhhh I know that feeling.

I traded blows with Sundowner last night at the very end. Killed him, he hit me once; Instant checkpoint when that happened. Never realized until the next segment. I only just destroyed him for good. I would have Sam covered, but I got robbed.

For that fight you're in...
When it's fists time I just ran around. No attacks; 2 and a half minutes later it goes into the cutscene.

That advice helps. A lot. A similar thing happened to me on another boss but since that fight is all of chapter 6 it didn't bug me.

Raxus

I can do the real fight in a minute and a half without taking damage but I took a hit at the very end of the fist fight where it checkpoints and immediately launches into a QTE. Only way to try again is to restart the whole chapter. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Always copy your save files for fights like that. Saves you big headaches in the long run.

I learned very early on in R02 to copy to avoid losing an S rank.

Top Bottom