• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

RangerBAD

But don't I NEED to get hurt against Armstrong to trigger the Fist of the North Star QTE?

Nope. It just happens after a certain amount of time. Just keep dodging. (Probably the worst part of my Revengeance S Rank run. So much cheap shit.)

Edit: Beaten.

Did we already know what the trophies were going to be for the DLC VR missions? Because I just saw the trophies listed on my psnprofile.

"DL-VR Master" and "Hero of the Metaverse".

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You gotta no-damage Excelsus too.

No you don't

Hardest part of no damaging Armstrong is waiting out the fist fight. Dude is easier to no damage than Samuel

Edit: if you meant S Ranking Revengeance then you still don't have to, but no damaging Excelsus is FAR easier than full sheeting that fight. You have to kill 4 Gekkos I think for the full kill bonus

RangerBAD

No you don't

Hardest part of no damaging Armstrong is waiting out the fist fight. Dude is easier to no damage than Samuel

Edit: if you meant S Ranking Revengeance then you still don't have to, but no damaging Excelsus is FAR easier than full sheeting that fight. You have to kill 4 Gekkos I think for the full kill bonus

I ended up having to get 2 Zandatsu to get the S on it.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
You're talking about following up a polearm made of arms that doubles as a whip, a pair of blades that become scissors, and some weird ass magnetic lassoo sai with just standard ass weapons? NOPE.

We talking gunchucks that shoot nanomachine shuriken bullets, rotating ninja hand-claws that become fucking diamond cutting drills. Thats where we're going, laddies.
This post made me laugh out loud. Thank you for rounding off the week in style. Gunchucks. Good lord, hahaha...

hteng

Banned
VR19, fucking VR19, i can't beat this shit, on 2nd part with the fat dudes and samurai dudes i use the pincer blades but i usually end up overkilling them, i can't just parry for shit, if i use normal attacks it takes forever to break their armors, and that fucking wolf always fuck things up by psychocrush me out of no where, fucking fuck, i'm 2 hours into this shit and can't get it done.

VR19, fucking VR19, i can't beat this shit, on 2nd part with the fat dudes and samurai dudes i use the pincer blades but i usually end up overkilling them, i can't just parry for shit, if i use normal attacks it takes forever to break their armors, and that fucking wolf always fuck things up by psychocrush me out of no where, fucking fuck, i'm 2 hours into this shit and can't get it done.

Pincer blade until they're weak then perfect parry them to stun them.

RangerBAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ItF234mMU&feature=player_embedded

joe2187

Banned
This post made me laugh out loud. Thank you for rounding off the week in style. Gunchucks. Good lord, hahaha...

They're a special weapon in Bayonetta

SaiFung.png

RangerBAD

Ya. The Zandatsu's are easy. The kills are hard

So it's best to go for everything but kill and just have no damage compensate

Yeah, hard to get to the GEKKOs first, even with the Fox Blade. I was trying that at first and had to look online for other choices.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Those are the only weapons I really want to see return in Bayo 2

They're so fucking fun

Bayonetta's kiai gets me so hype. Was disappointed Jeanne didn't have one

Yeah, hard to get to the GEKKOs first, even with the Fox Blade. I was trying that at first and had to look online for other choices.

I had some success with Pincer blades, but even that's dependent on how he decides to shoot the lasers I found

No damage is definitely less of a headache

Veelk

Banned
We've already made normal crazy. We are on to some next level crazy now. :)

Awesome, JP, I was hoping you'd show up again. There was a review a while back that suggested patching in another difficulty mode in Rising, since the reviewer had problems with the Revengeance difficulty that I think many of us share. He gave what I think is a pretty good suggestion for a difficulty here. I don't agree with everything here (I don't want you to lock out options, since if you want to play with the basic weapon only, you can do that yourself), but not having that huge boost in parry damage seems like it'd balance the game better. I don't know if a patch to add this in is feasible or if you are even willing to bring it up the guys at platinum, but if there was any shot of you making this a reality, well, I had to try.

chrono01

Gun belt. Fires while Bayonetta does hip gyrations.

Why stop there? Gun Weave.

Bayonetta manifests a monstrous gattling gun-type creature that she can wield/control. Each of the "bullets" fired are miniature Bayonetta's that latch onto the enemy and explode after a few seconds. Before detonation, they have a tendency to utter "You want to touch me?".

But yes, your suggestion would be better, especially from a gameplay stand-point. Personally, I think it's a great idea and woud suit her character well.

Here's hoping!

joe2187

Banned
Maybe I'm seeing things, I've been playing this boss fight for far too long...I perfect parried monsoons long range sai attack and his hand just hovered in the air for a while in a gesture that looked like he was flipping me off....

I'm going to revenagence this motherfucker so hard.

Make the gun belt also function as a bladed hoop and we got the makings of a Rhythmic Gymnastics weapon set. Add in the clubs and a reference to Kodachi Kuno from Ranma and I am all set.

I was literally just about to post this. Guns attached to a hula hoop ring blade as Bayonetta does sexy gymnast moves.

JP, GET YOUR COWORKERS ON THE BATPHONE, WE GOT A HIT.

demidar

I was literally just about to post this. Guns attached to a hula hoop ring blade as Bayonetta does sexy gymnast moves.

JP, GET YOUR COWORKERS ON THE BATPHONE, WE GOT A HIT.

I want a weapon based on an accordion. I don't know how it will work just do it, DMC managed to do it with a guitar.

chrono01

The music to this game is fucking incredible. :0
Agreed.

I just received my first-press copy of the Vocal Tracks CD from CDJapan yesterday. The cover is really cool [nice shiny-effect].

I already have the more general instrumental songs from the game, thanks to the Limited Edition. Both CD's are absolutely worth owning, and I love how there's no "over-lap".

It's been a while since I've played such a hardcore game with a fair amount of in-game content. If dat camera was fixed up and lock-on worked like Bayonetta's, this would be a perfect game for what it was

chrono01

Should that trailer get its own thread? Because I'm in the process of making one if so.

Hmm, it is pretty amazing, and more exposure for Metal Gear Rising is always a good thing.

I say proceed as planned. If you do not, I will. I will, of course, give you adequate time to do-so.

Edit - I waited around 10 minutes, did not see you post the thread, so I decided to go ahead and post it myself.

I am a patient man, but I have my limits. :)

Just finished my 2nd playthrough, tried to get the radio operator trophy and didn't get it :( I don't know what I missed by I thought I listened to ALL of them. The codecs have great detail, but I wish they were better designed. There should either be only be one liners that repeat, or a skip (not fast forward) button. Faaaaaaaaaaaar to much repetition, I don't know if I can try this again.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Picked this up, and I'm on my first play-through on hard. I suck at games but I dove right into it. This game is so freaking rewarding to play. The battles and the bosses are so satisfying - as is the parry system and zandatsu. I just finished Monsoon, and I have to say that was probably the best boss fight I've had in a long long time.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Picked this up, and I'm on my first play-through on hard. I suck at games but I dove right into it. This game is so freaking rewarding to play. The battles and the bosses are so satisfying - as is the parry system and zandatsu. I just finished Monsoon, and I have to say that was probably the best boss fight I've had in a long long time.

Nice impressions! Post in here if you have any issues... in particular with the final boss, since a lot of people tend to have problems there.

I have to say, the awful VR Missions actually made me a better player. I'm playing again to get that no upgrade title and I'm just playing so much better.

:(

They really need a standalone PSN/XBLA edition, it was a lot of fun despite the Konami ID layer of nonsense.

I miss MGO so much. I was playing Versus OPS in Peace Walker and that just feels like Diet MGO. There's no SOP linking, zombie games, my FROG/HAVEN costume (or Robbie), and I really hate the crosshair in PW. I suppose it's serviceable for a small Metal Gear multiplayer fix, but not much else.

I finally got gold on VR mission 19. It's not nearly as ridiculous as 18 mostly thanks to a lack of one-hit deaths. The sai and pincers help tremendously.

Top Bottom