• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So glad these are free

Gonna download them but I don't think I'm motivated to touch them any time soon

Is the DLC up on 360 in NA? How much is it?

I think it's PS3-exclusive in US. If you're in the U.K. or something you can get it on 360 for like 240 MSP.

Joystiq said:
March may be stuffed with new releases, but that won't stop Dead Space 3 or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance from chucking new content at your eyeballs today. The first to impact your irises is the story-continuing 'Awakened' DLC for Dead Space 3, and it's available now on XBLA for 800 MSP. It hits PSN and PC later today, priced $9.99.

Also due on PSN later today are the 30 additional VR missions for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and they're completely free until April 3. In an odd twist, the DLC is exclusive to PS3 in the US and Canada for the time being, but outside those regions it's available now on XBLA for 240 MSP - a slice of curious console exclusivity to get the morning started.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
When I selected "DOWNLOADS" in the title screen it wasn't there yet.

JoeFenix

Why the hell am I getting frame tearing in Download mission 8 on the PS3 version?

It stutters and runs like ass and there's frame tearing everywhere.... The entire game is V-Synced, how does this even happen?

Weird....

jett

D-Member
After playing all of the DLC missions I declare them to be as shitty as the regular ones, and just as fun. Meaning, not. Free is the right price for this thing.

....At once? At Revengeance difficulty? LOLWAT

No, it's not Revengeance difficulty, which only makes the mission shittier since your counter parry is good for nothing.

Minamu

Managed to no-damage Mistral finally. She was a lot more aggressive on hard :lol I don't remember how many times I restarted but it was a good opportunity practice evasion and parries for sure. I'm not above cheating so I used the fox blade to do it. I tried changing to Murasama in the middle but with the constant restarts, it was too much of a hassle to bother.

After playing all of the DLC missions I declare them to be as shitty as the regular ones, and just as fun. Meaning, not. Free is the right price for this thing.
Hah, I dunno if I'll be completing them all this time around as the sub-weapon ones and the like are tedious more than anything, but there are definitely some gems in the bunch. I've enjoyed all the gekko ones so far.

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Jesus, this
senator is kicking my ass. I'm stuck at the part where you use fists only. I can't even get his health down to 99%(Very Hard difficulty).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Managed to no-damage Mistral finally. She was a lot more aggressive on hard :lol I don't remember how many times I restarted but it was a good opportunity practice evasion and parries for sure. I'm not above cheating so I used the fox blade to do it. I tried changing to Murasama in the middle but with the constant restarts, it was too much of a hassle to bother.

Fox Blade doesn't do any more damage against bosses. Murasama is pretty much the go to boss damage weapon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jesus, this
senator is kicking my ass. I'm stuck at the part where you use fists only. I can't even get his health down to 99%(Very Hard difficulty).

For that part you just have to do the QTE's. Then run back for your weapon.

Unless you're talking the DLC.

So whats the trick to getting no damage on
Armstrong? I can't get to his 3rd form without taking damage to transition from the fist only fight.

jett

D-Member
Hah, I dunno if I'll be completing them all this time around as the sub-weapon ones and the like are tedious more than anything, but there are definitely some gems in the bunch. I've enjoyed all the gekko ones so far.

I guess some missions aren't too awful but I wouldn't really say it's something I'm eager to play.

A wave-based/horde mode would've been more interesting. Of course, I mean one that's fair and not bullshit like some of the VR Missions.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You have to wait it out for three minutes. It's the only way.

You can fight him and bring his health down to a certain point to trigger the no damage attack I believe

but it's not really worth the effort

JoeFenix

DLC mission 30 wasn't a big deal honestly, just got gold on it, the enemies definitely aren't Revengeance difficulty.

You can take ALOT of hits which makes it pretty simple to finish for anyone who mastered the other VR missions.

Was fun though!

jett

D-Member
You can fight him and bring his health down to a certain point to trigger the no damage attack I believe

but it's not really worth the effort

Even if that's possible, and I don't think it is, waiting it out is a heck of a lot easier.

RangerBAD

DLC mission 30 wasn't a big deal honestly, just got gold on it, the enemies definitely aren't Revengeance difficulty.

You can take ALOT of hits which makes it pretty simple to finish for anyone who mastered the other VR missions.

Was fun though!

You're already done?

Astral

If that's the case I probably won't even download them. If I do, I'll feel compelled to get a gold on all of them and suffer. Oddly enough, my favorite VR missions are the ones that DON'T involve fighting.

JoeFenix

You're already done?

I got gold on 1-8 and then took a break to read this thread and felt like trying 30 after reading what the final wave was.

I still have 21 missions to do, I think these have been excellent so far.

1-8 contained no fighting, so for people who like to mix it up I think you'll be happy!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So whats the trick to getting no damage on
Armstrong? I can't get to his 3rd form without taking damage to transition from the fist only fight.

You have to wait it out for three minutes. It's the only way.

Note that the easiest way to wait it out is to wait in the opposite corner and jump over him when he charges you (two kinds of charges, but nothing really changes). Just be careful to not let him out of sight. It really can't go wrong that easy.

Also, the blade mode sequence during the final boss is acting all weird on me on very hard and upwards occasionally. I'm 100% sure I'm hitting 3 squares, but the debris hits me anyway.

Mubbed

Was fun though!

I have the gold on the final mission as well. It seemed daunting at first but the fenrir have very little health and can be picked off easily at the beginning.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Even if that's possible, and I don't think it is, waiting it out is a heck of a lot easier.

ah you're right. I checked the guide and lowering his health passed a certain point only seems to make his next attack instantly knock initiate the QTE transition to the next phase. (rather than triggering the no damage hit)

Gotta avoid for no damage, but on higher difficulties you have to attack and then get hit for the time bonus for the fight

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
so is there any more humor or personality in the DLC missions than in the base set?

My biggest problem with them isn't that they're hard so much that they're so damn vanilla and uninteresting ways to play the game

RangerBAD

Note that the easiest way to wait it out is to wait in the opposite corner and jump over him when he charges you (two kinds of charges, but nothing really changes). Just be careful to not let him out of sight. It really can't go wrong that easy.

Also, the blade mode sequence during the final boss is acting all weird on me on very hard and upwards occasionally. I'm 100% sure I'm hitting 3 squares, but the debris hits me anyway.

Sometimes he trolls you on Revengeance, and emerges too close for you to hit him after the final debris is cut.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes he trolls you on Revengeance, and emerges too close for you to hit him after the final debris is cut.
Yeah, happens on very hard too. I guess maybe because you cut the debris too slow?

jett

D-Member
so is there any more humor or personality in the DLC missions than in the base set?

My biggest problem with them isn't that they're hard so much that they're so damn vanilla and uninteresting ways to play the game

There some dwarf gekko missions that are all right...but that aside it's more of the same. There's a beat em' up mission where you only fight with your fists but it's boring as hell.

Can't beat the grad at the beginning of R-04. It's impossible to no damage this...

That's right, that's why you shouldn't attempt it. :p You can get the S-rank without the no damage bonus, it's kind of lenient. Just remember to get two zandatsus, and use the machine gun on the grad to get the hit bonus.

Top Bottom