• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

cUbsQLu.png

mvQBlpV.png

revengerifitizerasness!

Thanks.

Carbonox

I'm watching a segment from a stream that isn't too spoilerific luckily but the cutscenes are pretty hilarious, especially in terms of how overpowered Raiden is. :lol

Game looks utterly superb. Love how challenging it appears.

Well, sure. But I was purchasing this game for $60 going in with that expectation. I don't know if I'm willing to buy it day one now.

LOL

Well lets wait til we get an official word.
I'm sure there will be plenty to keep us busy to warrant a 60 dollar purchase either on disk or through DLC

Doomrider

So, is it OK to post a stream link here or is someone afraid it gets shut down? I'm watching one now.

Cutscenes are... amusing, to say the least.

Soodanim

I ended up nearly hating MGR the first time I played the demo due to the fact that parrying wasn't adequately taught. I played it again this morning, and I want this game right now.

The OT says NOT PC. Is that more of a "Not right now, but we'll see how things look in 6 months", or "Never ever, so you'd better get that PS3 version ordered sharpish"?

Doomrider

Like MGS cheesy or Bayonetta cheesy?
Yeah, like ezekial said, both. But with a lot of swearing. I'm surprised at that. The dialogue is just straight up awful, consciously cheesy or not. Not that it matters, really, just saying.

Okay, so obviously the cutscenes must total more than 45 minutes if you all are seeing so many on streams already?

I wouldn't know, just started watching a few minutes ago. This looks like the ending, though, so there's gonna be some extra exposition I guess.

The guy's gonna be stuck in this boss for some time, I fear.

Anybody know Bayonetta's cutscene length off hand? I'd have to imagine it would be comparable to this.

Yeah, like ezekial said, both. But with a lot of swearing. I'm surprised at that. The dialogue is just straight up awful, consciously cheesy or not. Not that it matters, really, just saying.

Are we talking "shits," or "fucks."

...hopefully not "I'm gonna kill your cyborg dick."

The OT says NOT PC. Is that more of a "Not right now, but we'll see how things look in 6 months", or "Never ever, so you'd better get that PS3 version ordered sharpish"?
The last time MGS was on PC was with the janky MGS2 release, and Platinum hasn't made a game on PC yet. It's pretty safe to say it's not comin'.

ezekial45

Banned
Sounds like they go hand and hand.

I caught a little bit of the stream during a particular boss fight. I was quite taken aback by the presentation.

I liked it, though I can see how it might bother some folks.

Are we talking "shits," or "fucks."

...hopefully not "I'm gonna kill your cyborg dick."

Let's just say that the people who got on DmC's case for the foul language and writing are in for a surprise when they play MGR.

Top Bottom