• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Oh god, Akainu is playing.

eclipse-time-lapse.gif

Riposte

I'm annoyed by this process I often see on NeoGAF where someone with a contrarian view gets treated as an especially valuable voice as if to balance things out and they then react to this special attention/reputation by, I don't know, live-blogging a dozen minute details of their undistinguished experiences of playing a game.

If I were to name it something, I would go out of my way to make sure I didn't name it the "Derrick01 Effect".

Endo Punk

So I love this kind of game but I'm not sure if it's worth $60. And what's the best version to get, 360 or ps3? I might get it cause I know I'll get hours of entertainment out of it from replaying it.

PS3 cutscenes look better but 360 retains 60fps more often, both have tight responsive controls thoughout. The game is definitely worth it on which-ever system you choose. One playthrough may only be about 6-8 hours but with the new weapons varieties, difficulty settings, side missions/unlockables, vr content there is a lot more to get out of the game. Seriously the most fresh addition to the genre in ages, It's so damn good Ive platinum'd it after 50 odd hours :D

Dave1988

I'm annoyed by this process I often see on NeoGAF where someone with a contrarian view gets treated as an especially valuable voice as if to balance things out and they then react to this special attention/reputation by, I don't know, live-blogging a dozen minute details of their undistinguished experiences of playing a game.

If I were to name it something, I would go out of my way to make sure I didn't name it the "Derrick01 Effect".

Hey now, we knew that it was impossible for Akainu to enjoy this game. We're just watching the show unfold now.

JPKellams

Id go for the more generic term "douchebag effect."

Actually, GAF is a cesspool of whining right now, generally speaking. Kinda tough to read anything on the gaming side.

And I hope Akainu has fun. ;)

EDIT: Oh, thread "demoted" to community. I should probably subscribe now to pay attention to the comings and goings? Should we do new threads for the DLC campaigns?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
How do I dodge? I've got parry down pat. But I can't seem to dodge. I've bought all the moves.

I'm on v360 and playing normal mode btw.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
How do you equip the Grey Fox costume?

I popped in the disc and its not there in customization menu (I got the PAL game)

It may have been a permotional thing that will be available as DLC in the future.

Speaking of DLC, where's Sam's and Wolf's DLC? I thought they were coming out within a month of release.

Endo Punk

Ah shit we are in the community section. Well this was one hell of a ride, I'll still pop in now and then for DLC discussion. Im glad I was able to plat the game before the thread moved.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It may have been a permotional thing that will be available as DLC in the future.

Speaking of DLC, where's Sam's and Wolf's DLC? I thought they were coming out within a month of release.

Well the VR mission DLC was coming out a month after release with the Sam and Wolf DLC undated.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just completed the boss battle with
Monsoon, the cutscene right before that battle was the most badass scene I have ever watched

MGR is my game of the year so far and honestly, I think it'll be that way for the rest of the year

Akainu

Beat it. Despite all my complaining I liked it. The only sore spot was the horrible camera and the lock on sucked and maybe a few other things like

ndndndjdjenjdnsjdn
ndndndjdjenjdnsjdnd
ndndndjdjenjdnsjdnd
ndndndjdjenjdnsjdnd
ndndndjdjenjdnsjdnd
ndndndjdjenjdnsjdnd
ndndndjdjenjdnsjdnd
ndndndjdjenjdnsjdnd
ndndndjdjenjdnsjdnd
kewfkmekfmekfm ;)

Also Mistral was still wasted potential.

Now in a few day get to see how it stacks up to DmC. Which will probably be just as good.

seethe!

LogicStep

PS3 cutscenes look better but 360 retains 60fps more often, both have tight responsive controls thoughout. The game is definitely worth it on which-ever system you choose. One playthrough may only be about 6-8 hours but with the new weapons varieties, difficulty settings, side missions/unlockables, vr content there is a lot more to get out of the game. Seriously the most fresh addition to the genre in ages, It's so damn good Ive platinum'd it after 50 odd hours :D
The IGN review mentioned they both range from 30-60 but that the 360 holds a slightly higher fps. Does the ps3 version have extra content?

Also, if you had the choice what ver. would you chose?

Actually, GAF is a cesspool of whining right now, generally speaking. Kinda tough to read anything on the gaming side.
It's usually pretty calm in the game specific threads. Those of us who mostly enjoy playing and talking about specific games shouldn't be bothered much.

On that note, loved the free VR missions.

And I hope Akainu has fun. ;)

EDIT: Oh, thread "demoted" to community. I should probably subscribe now to pay attention to the comings and goings? Should we do new threads for the DLC campaigns?

Hey JP, since you're always posting and lurking in this thread, I'm wondering if you actually bother providing feedback to the director and game designers? As in what we like or dislike about the game. Having that kind of info relayed can be beneficial for any future projects from you guys, or even patches to this game itself.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

oh I didn't realize it was dated

Still disappointed that Sam is using Blade Mode/ Zandatsu but hopefully his new quick slash technique that's tied to the trophy is alot of fun.
Oh, thread "demoted" to community. I should probably subscribe now to pay attention to the comings and goings? Should we do new threads for the DLC campaigns?

Yeah. Devil May Cry had one for the Vergil's Awakening DLC. Substantial story DLC probably deserves a new thread when it's released.

If there's any feedback I'd like to relay to the dev team, it's that Revengeance was made too easy by wigs, 10x parry damage, full upgrades, health paste refill glitch, etc. Also, being able to copy save files makes death auto-saving meaningless.

We could have used a mode above Revengeance that fixed those issues and made even the best players cry into their cheerio-s.

LogicStep

Went with PS3 because of the better audio and video. I read somewhere that the fps was fixed and is the same as 360 now? Or was that about the demo?

Endo Punk

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to some sword play Brazilian style.

Shame his got Zan Datsu as well but hopefully he doesn't play too similar to Raiden.

The IGN review mentioned they both range from 30-60 but that the 360 holds a slightly higher fps. Does the ps3 version have extra content?

Also, if you had the choice what ver. would you chose?

I got the PS3 version due to controller preference but it doesn't have extra content. Prob best to pick up 360 one because it stays closer to 60fps more often.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just completed the game for the first time tonight
I didn't find the last boss battle to be as exciting as the other boss battles, but that's just me

Well, anyways, this is my game of the year

So for S-Ranking Revengeance mode, can we at least skip 1 ranking section and s-rank the rest of the level to achieve an s rank in that stage? I'm getting super frustrated at trying to s-rank this stupid part at stage 2.

So for S-Ranking Revengeance mode, can we at least skip 1 ranking section and s-rank the rest of the level to achieve an s rank in that stage? I'm getting super frustrated at trying to s-rank this stupid part at stage 2.

Nope, you've got to get an S on everything. Which part are you stuck on? I just finished up my S-rank run/Platinum this week, so everything is still fresh in my mind if you need some help.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I bought this game at launch and I finally decided to start and beat it today.

Never have I played such a stupid game.

I don't know where to begin explaining at how unnecessary and utterly stupid this game truly is. The story is absurd. It's just so unnecessary and dumb. It's not that it's complex or thoughtful it's just that it was made by some crazy Metal Gear nut job from Gamefaqs or something.

The whole plot is insanely idiotic. Unnecessary just doesn't come close to explaining how stupid this was.

I can't even think properly after beating it. I think half my brain got fried after this game.

The dialog is fucking dreadful. It's so bad. I have some stereotypical characters telling me what to do... Who are these people? Why is some 10 year kid yelling bra, bra in a 30 year old Jamaican accent? He be a ninja boi! Ninja boi ye ye. Ya don no batiboi!

For some reason The Sorrow character model was reused for DOKTOR... His name is DOKTOR and he's a doctor! Mind blown.

I don't understand this world anymore.

Jetstream, Monsoon... These are characters? I'm laughing and crying at the same time here. What a shit show. Oh and I have a robotic dog?! Fucking lulwut.

Why did I fight Marvels The Incredible Hulk? Holy shit I don't understand this game at all. How did this get made? Vanquish was great but this is some sort of abortion that survived.

I fought The Incredible Hulk in a fucking Metal Gear game.

I think I might have enjoyed this game if there wasn't any dialogue, music or story as everything about this piece of shit is terrible besides the controls.

I don't play Halo and I don't drink Mountain Dew. I'm not extreme enough for this game, its dialog nor it's awful story and music.

This game isn't worth its weight in dick cheese.

I'm done.

I'm not going to reply or post anything in this thread because it's not worth my remaining brain cells. Hopefully if I hit my head with a hammer I can forget playing this piece of shit.

0/10

Top Bottom