• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

danmaku

I played a bit yesterday and downloaded a 38MB patch that bumped the game to ver.3. I thought it was the DLC, but it wasn't. What happened? bug fix? ironically, I noticed a big framerate drop when I used blade mode on a gorilla, never happened before. I hope it's not another case of a patch that breaks the game instead of fixing it.

Raxus

Is there anyone here in the UK that can obtain a code for the VR DLC for me? I can pay you through paypal or gift you something on steam. Send me a PM.

Ferrio

Banned
Just started playing this the other day. Is it just me, or is the camera a big POS? I swear I think I die mostly because of it.

Mit-

I'm late.

Wtf happened with the end of this game? The story became so jumbled and unfocused. It went from long chapters ending with epic boss fights to an extremely short/easy "escape" chapter, and then two chapters that were basically single boss fights. Also, the final boss fights were not nearly as epic as the first boss fights in the game. Jetstream Sam was done right, but the last boss fight was a total letdown for me. Not to mention the primary antagonist turning out to be incredibly lame. And why the hell did they throw humor in the middle of final sequence cutscenes? Really? That even further invalidated the primary antagonist for me.

Tis a shame. The gameplay is still top notch, but I am looking forward to playing the first few missions again far more than the final missions.

Also, obligatory cry for quick weapon switch.

Yuterald

Wow, finally finished VR08 with Gold. This particular Ninja Kill mission has been driving me nuts for weeks and I refused to look up any sort of hint. I FINALLY figured it out on my own and I'm not too hot on the solution. I could not for the life of me get anything below 1:05 in this mission. No matter which route I took, even trying to let them spot me so they all ran towards you, I couldn't figure out how to cut time. I knew the Ninja Kill animation was taking up a lot of my time so I finally found myself smashing buttons to see if there was a way to "cancel" out of the animation. Of course, there is! I would have liked to have known that sooner! =/

Kinda smelly dog shit to set a Gold time for a challenge that requires you to cancel out of an animation, especially when it's not very clear on how to do it in the first place. Oh well, on to other VR's, I suppose.

Mit-

Wow, finally finished VR08 with Gold. This particular Ninja Kill mission has been driving me nuts for weeks and I refused to look up any sort of hint. I FINALLY figured it out on my own and I'm not too hot on the solution. I could not for the life of me get anything below 1:05 in this mission. No matter which route I took, even trying to let them spot me so they all ran towards you, I couldn't figure out how to cut time. I knew the Ninja Kill animation was taking up a lot of my time so I finally found myself smashing buttons to see if there was a way to "cancel" out of the animation. Of course, there is! I would have liked to have known that sooner! =/

Kinda smelly dog shit to set a Gold time for a challenge that requires you to cancel out of an animation, especially when it's not very clear on how to do it in the first place. Oh well, on to other VR's, I suppose.

Are you referring to canceling the animation into blade mode? Because the entire reason it slows down so much and takes so long is to give you a zandatsu hint. Granted, I didn't discover this in the demo, but I did on the first or second level of the campaign.

CatPee

Is there no chapter select and/or a way to change difficulty once you are in new game plus?

I pressed Continue and started a game on Hard, but would like to play Very Hard or Revengeance... No way to switch without completing the Hard mode now?

Go into Chapter. You need to use up/down on the d-pad to highlight the difficulty desired, then start from R-00.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is there no chapter select and/or a way to change difficulty once you are in new game plus?

I pressed Continue and started a game on Hard, but would like to play Very Hard or Revengeance... No way to switch without completing the Hard mode now?

You can't start mid-way through on a higher difficulty without having unlocked it first.

Choosing chapter select will allow you to skip to any chapter that you have unlocked in any difficulty you have unlocked. If you don't have Very Hard or Revengeance, then you can't access them via chapter select unless you use the Konami Code to prematurely unlock them. Also, you can't simply continue where you left off on Hard mode into Very Hard mode. If you're playing Very Hard mode for the first time, you'll have to start at the prologue.

Random question for MGR.

If I want to transfer data from one account to another on the same PS3, will PSN plus be able to successfully do this? I tried already just copying it from the one account to the other, and got an error message in Rising saying it couldn't use it because it came from a different user.

If my data can go from the original account to online storage and to the account I want, I'll pay for PS+.

CatPee

Random question for MGR.

If I want to transfer data from one account to another on the same PS3, will PSN plus be able to successfully do this? I tried already just copying it from the one account to the other, and got an error message in Rising saying it couldn't use it because it came from a different user.

If my data can go from the original account to online storage and to the account I want, I'll pay for PS+.

Nope.

PS+ cloud saves only works on the account that has the sub.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No, you have to resign the data if you want to use it on a different account.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh this camera is infuriating me. Was facing the 2nd level boss.. and fuck if I wasn't staring at the walls most of the time.

Dave1988

Hey JP, can you tell us why'd did you guys remove the ability to fast forward certain codec conversations with the newest patch? Case in point, the first codec conversation with Boris about the sit-rep in chapter 01 or the conversation with Doktor about the elevators not working in chapter 4.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hey JP, can you tell us why'd did you guys remove the ability to fast forward certain codec conversations with the newest patch? Case in point, the first codec conversation with Boris about the sit-rep in chapter 01 or the conversation with Doktor about the elevators not working in chapter 4.

You're positive they aren't just loading? Most of the codec conversations took a little while before you could skip them if they masked a level load.

CorvoSol

Camera in this game is kind of frustrating to me. Like, seriously, I was doing the
elevator in r-04
and it kept flying into the wall. Also, the stupid "jiggle l-stick to get out from underneath this guy!" things never work and also leave my camera God knows where. And I kinda don't like how you can get stunned by a hit, then caught in a never ending chain of hits.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I DISLIKE THE GAME. Slicing stuff into bits is too much fun.

Anyway, I'm stuck
on that same elevator
at the part where you fight the hammer guy, then the three bird men, then the two gorillas. I can take out the hammer guy and the birds, and sometimes if I'm lucky and have refilled my R-mode I can take out the first gorilla, but I can't kill that second one. I should mention I'm out of refill juices or whatever.

Dave1988

You're positive they aren't just loading? Most of the codec conversations took a little while before you could skip them if they masked a level load.

In the first case I mentioned, you could skip the conversation after a few seconds of loading. After the patch, you can't. The little triangle icon doesn't even show up over the codec window anymore.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You cant just go in and mash X and win.

You can if you're using the Fox Blade.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom