• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Nope, you've got to get an S on everything. Which part are you stuck on? I just finished up my S-rank run/Platinum this week, so everything is still fresh in my mind if you need some help.

Fight 3 Monkey like guys in R-02 to activate a reinforcement sequence. That battle has a few gekkos and I think 4 of those big guys with 4 legs. They look like big ass robot spiders. I keep fucking up in that part and it just pisses me off that I have to kill the monkey guys again. I tried getting a checkpoint after killing the monkey guys but I ended up not being able to backtrack so I just rage quit.

Fight 3 Monkey like guys in R-02 to activate a reinforcement sequence. That battle has a few gekkos and I think 4 of those big guys with 4 legs. They look like big ass robot spiders. I keep fucking up in that part and it just pisses me off that I have to kill the monkey guys again. I tried getting a checkpoint after killing the monkey guys but I ended up not being able to backtrack so I just rage quit.

Ahhh yes, that part was pretty annoying. I have just the video to help you out with it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWQnwA588vg#t=2m34s

This will let you take out the monkey guys in like 15 seconds flat each time.

Another random tip: Are you using the armor breaker sword? You get it for collecting all of the officer's left hands. That thing is devastating toward any enemies with armor, like the robot spiders. It usually only takes 3-4 hits to make them zandatsu-able as long as it's upgraded even up to half way.

Even if you don't have that sword, try to parry the first robot spider right on top of where the second one spawns on your side of the room. If you perfect parry it, you'll be able to kill both at once, as it'll spawn as soon as you parry.

Jintor

Liquidus?

Liquid.png

Ahhh yes, that part was pretty annoying. I have just the video to help you out with it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWQnwA588vg#t=2m34s

This will let you take out the monkey guys in like 15 seconds flat each time.

Another random tip: Are you using the armor breaker sword? You get it for collecting all of the officer's left hands. That thing is devastating toward any enemies with armor, like the robot spiders. It usually only takes 3-4 hits to make them zandatsu-able as long as it's upgraded even up to half way.

Even if you don't have that sword, try to parry the first robot spider right on top of where the second one spawns on your side of the room. If you perfect parry it, you'll be able to kill both at once, as it'll spawn as soon as you parry.

I have it but I'm using the Muramasa (or Murasama) blade. I also use the Blade Mode Wig and the Red armor. When I get to boss fights I put on Wig Mode B since Blade Mode Wig is useless against them.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I bought this game at launch and I finally decided to start and beat it today.

Never have I played such a stupid game.

I don't know where to begin explaining at how unnecessary and utterly stupid this game truly is. The story is absurd. It's just so unnecessary and dumb. It's not that it's complex or thoughtful it's just that it was made by some crazy Metal Gear nut job from Gamefaqs or something.

The whole plot is insanely idiotic. Unnecessary just doesn't come close to explaining how stupid this was.

I can't even think properly after beating it. I think half my brain got fried after this game.

The dialog is fucking dreadful. It's so bad. I have some stereotypical characters telling me what to do... Who are these people? Why is some 10 year kid yelling bra, bra in a 30 year old Jamaican accent? He be a ninja boi! Ninja boi ye ye. Ya don no batiboi!

For some reason The Sorrow character model was reused for DOKTOR... His name is DOKTOR and he's a doctor! Mind blown.

I don't understand this world anymore.

Jetstream, Monsoon... These are characters? I'm laughing and crying at the same time here. What a shit show. Oh and I have a robotic dog?! Fucking lulwut.

Why did I fight Marvels The Incredible Hulk? Holy shit I don't understand this game at all. How did this get made? Vanquish was great but this is some sort of abortion that survived.

I fought The Incredible Hulk in a fucking Metal Gear game.

I think I might have enjoyed this game if there wasn't any dialogue, music or story as everything about this piece of shit is terrible besides the controls.

I don't play Halo and I don't drink Mountain Dew. I'm not extreme enough for this game, its dialog nor it's awful story and music.

This game isn't worth its weight in dick cheese.

I'm done.

I'm not going to reply or post anything in this thread because it's not worth my remaining brain cells. Hopefully if I hit my head with a hammer I can forget playing this piece of shit.

0/10

Wrote lots; said little.

0/10

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So if last page was the "Derrick01 Effect" with Akainu, I guess this page would be the "Farnham Effect"

Dave1988

Well I just finished the Grad fight on R-02. That fight made me punch a hole in my wall. This game is makin ME RAAAAGE ON REVENGEANCE!

To be fair, the GRAD fight is probably the most bullshit boss fight you'll encounter on Revengeance so you're already past the worst part of the run.

Deitus

So if last page was the "Derrick01 Effect" with Akainu, I guess this page would be the "Farnham Effect"

Perfect.

I'm not going to reply or post anything in this thread because it's not worth my remaining brain cells. Hopefully if I hit my head with a hammer I can forget playing this piece of shit.

Is there no rule against this? That seems like it should qualify as drive by trolling. I'm not calling for a ban or anything, but the idea of posting in a thread with the stated intention of never engaging anyone in the thread in discussion seems antithetical to a discussion forum, at the very least.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think I was too lat. :( thx though!

check your PM

didn't realize it was 360

Is there no rule against this? That seems like it should qualify as drive by trolling. I'm not calling for a ban or anything, but the idea of posting in a thread with the stated intention of never engaging anyone in the thread in discussion seems antithetical to a discussion forum, at the very least.

It's whatever. He's entitled to his opinion as much as the rest of us are.

I don't get why so many people want to engage him over his point of view after that post anyways. Let him vent or whatever and move on

It is fucking bullshit! Lol, good to hear anyway. Although I'm still scared of monsoon.

Be sure to back up your save to a USB stick at the start of the monsoon fight in case you get an A instead of S. Also, you don't need to no damage him to get the S if you can get a 30 hit combo on him. You can do that when you're chopping up his body at the end of the fight.

You can. Just exit out to the main menu and copy the save to another slot. It's much faster than exiting to the XMB/Dashboard and copying the file to an external HDD from there.

Almost forgot about even trying this alternative lol.

Be sure to back up your save to a USB stick at the start of the monsoon fight in case you get an A instead of S. Also, you don't need to no damage him to get the S if you can get a 30 hit combo on him. You can do that when you're chopping up his body at the end of the fight.

Wait what?

I can get damaged as much as possible, I just need to 30 hit him?

What if I no damage and not 30 hit combo him?

Almost forgot about even trying this alternative lol.

Wait what?

I can get damaged as much as possible, I just need to 30 hit him?

What if I no damage and not 30 hit combo him?

Theoretically you don't need to no-damage any of the bosses for the S (except maybe Ray?), but the bonus helps a ton. Damage isn't a scaling thing like it is in DMC, you just get a chunk of points if you don't get hit. Monsoon, Sundowner, Sam, Excelsus, and Armstrong might not give you the S even with the no-damage bonus, and usually require maximizing an additional point category. I had really good luck with the blade mode sequences in the Monsoon fight, even though people usually try to avoid them somehow, and I think the BP from the drops put me over the edge.

Raiden's rival, Sam, with the Jetstream Sam DLC, coming this Tuesday, April 9th!

Automatically bought!

Quick question, I have S-Ranks for the whole R-03 stage, I'm standing right before the monsoon battle but I get hit constantly before I can watch the monsoon cutscene. Does it count as taking damage?

Automatically bought!

Quick question, I have S-Ranks for the whole R-03 stage, I'm standing right before the monsoon battle but I get hit constantly before I can watch the monsoon cutscene. Does it count as taking damage?

The dizzy Raiden stealth section is graded on its own, and you don't need to no-damage the part where Sam monologues while walking towards you.

I'll create a thread for the Jetstream DLC when I have time later. Should the subtitle be something along the lines of "Show Me A Good Time, Platinum?"

Nemesis_

Have the trophies been posted?

DL-Story-01: Status - Closed
Complete DL-Story-01: Jetstream.

You're Hired
Defeat Sen. Armstrong
without taking any damage on Hard difficulty or above.

Master of the Wind
Complete DL-Story-01: Jetstream on Revengeance difficulty in one hour or less.

Draw, Pardner!
Defeat 100 enemies in DL-Story-01: Jetstream's Story mode using Quick Draw.

Think I might wait until I get my hands on a FOX blade code to finish Amateur Radio Operator. Stopping to listen to every person at every step of the way, before, during and after every fight and at every stage of every boss fight is too much... 1st-ranked all the VR missions, S-ranked Revengeance while no-damaging all the bosses... but this? This was the straw that broke the bladewolf's back. I just want to be able to blitz through the game for this one.

I'll create a thread for the Jetstream DLC when I have time later. Should the subtitle be something along the lines of "Show Me A Good Time, Platinum?"

Yes.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Now I don't want to sound greedy
or cheap
but 6.99 for one recycled chapter with a recycled boss at the end?

Day one though. I have complete faith in Platinum.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I swear KojiPro better not be late on putting the DLC up on XBLM. If they are I'm gonna... I'm gonna... Well, I'm sure gonna be pissed. That's one thing for sure. >:^(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man, I really want those VR Missions, too. I'd like confirmation one way or another if NA 360's are getting them down the line.

Top Bottom