• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

jett

D-Member
Solid Snake-related SPOILAR for those that care about that sort of thing:
In a codec conversation Raiden pretty much confirms he's still alive.

That's...upsetting.

Thinking about it, it's not too bad. It's like Devil May Cry, where you can only upgrade at the statues and between missions. Only in this case you can upgrade anywhere but you'll be bumped back to the last checkpoint.

demidar

Thinking about it, it's not too bad. It's like Devil May Cry, where you can only upgrade at the statues and between missions. Only in this case you can upgrade anywhere but you'll be bumped back to the last checkpoint.

Do fights reset when you're rolled back? Also how is the camera?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Why not like Bayo upgrade and soldier on or DMC only on chapter start/end.

You could only upgrade at Gates of Hell and in between chapters in Bayonetta.

Why force you to restart to your last checkpoint? It is unintuitive.

I'm assuming because it has to load whatever you changed.

Like you can't even change costumes mid stage in Bayonetta. Rising allows that. This seems to be the "tradeoff"

I don't see how it's a big deal. Especially with how frequent check pointing is in PG's games.(Pretty much every encounter is a separate checkpoint.)

Cyklops

Neo Member
Can someone give me a list of all the DLC lined up for this game? I know the MGS4 Raiden skin and the 30 extra VR Missions are available as DLC on Day 1, but what else is DLC? Is the Wooden Sword (Soul Snake Sword?) also a DLC?

Can someone give me a list of all the DLC lined up for this game? I know the MGS4 Raiden skin and the 30 extra VR Missions are available as DLC on Day 1, but what else is DLC? Is the Wooden Sword (Soul Snake Sword?) also a DLC?

The MGS4 skin is day 1 DLC.

Three DLC packs are announced for Japan. The first one will have 30 VR missions and the Soul of Snake sword. The second and third will feature different playable characters and will show the backstories of Sam and Blade Wolf. No one knows if the three packs will be sold the same way outside of Japan.

Cyklops

Neo Member
The MGS4 skin is day 1 DLC.

Three DLC packs are announced for Japan. The first one will have 30 VR missions and the Soul of Snake sword. The second and third will feature different playable characters and will show the backstories of Sam and Blade Wolf. No one knows if the three packs will be sold the same way outside of Japan.

So, are this Wooden Sword and the Soul of the Snake Sword the same swords? I am so lost with this game's DLC, sorry.

d0c_zaius

pretty much loving the game so far. played it for about 4 hours, and while it was a little rough at first, everything is now second nature. slicing, parrying, dodging, its all pretty clean. some minor camera issues but thats the only negative so far.

feels like some bayonetta elements mixed with some other platinum style touches, all with a MGS Kojipro focus and style.

fucking amazing.

Do not start a brand new game on Revengeance difficulty. You're just going to give up in 10 seconds.

Got up to the Rex, gave up.

Am I correct in thinking that because Raiden doesn't have his proper body for the first mission, that you have to beat it without any of your weapons or abilities? I know you get them all back on mission 2 but do you really have to beat mission 1 without them? Kinda makes it the hardest level in the game if so.

RangerBAD

Am I correct in thinking that because Raiden doesn't have his proper body for the first mission, that you have to beat it without any of your weapons or abilities? I know you get them all back on mission 2 but do you really have to beat mission 1 without them? Kinda makes it the hardest level in the game if so.

You're already nanomachined, son.
Didn't think it was a spoiler, but I'll fix it for Papa Dahbomb.

Who do I blame for this? It should have been white. You hardcore violence nuts ruin everything.

Are there no normal humans to kill or is everything a robot or cyborg. I kind of hated that in Vanquish. Though even that had some humans to shoot up.

!

...hmmm

There's a good technical reason why the blood color can't be changed. They'd have to include to sets of cutscenes for each color. On the PS3 that wouldn't be an issue but it's impossible for the 360.

It would also would be weird because "white blood" is actually obsolete. The artificial blood Raiden had in MGS2 was second generation, white blood is first.

RS4-

Goddamn, took me an hour just to do chapter 1 on very hard. Uh, pretty sure that doesn't include cut scenes and restarts.

I'm sure its doable. I haven't found a way to get a full parry on the first form, but I'll assume its probably his stomp. It's an annoying fight because of all the chasing lol.

For the
second form, when you're on the roof top, I got it down to 2 mins or so, got some full parries that led to blade mode
. I'll test out the first form later on easy or something to see where the parry points are. I'll assume that you keep all the skill unlocks after you beat the game. Unless that Rex chapter always starts you fresh, unlock to regain your skills at the start of CH1.

r8AlBFg.png
tBWQnzz.png

revengifered!

your awesome knows no Bounds. Made my day thanks.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Can anyone take a shot at revengifying my avatar? I asked earlier in the thread but it got buried.

^ Same here, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know when Amazon should be shipping them out? I hope I don't get screwed somehow on the collectors edition since I pre-ordered it so late.

jett

D-Member
Ah sweet, there's some sort of dog tag system in the game, like in MGS2. Only except of dog tags you collect arms. :p There really is A LOT of collectible crap in the game, I think replay value will be high regardless of you interest in higher difficulties. There are also "hidden" encounters like in Bayonetta, so there really is a lot to discover. Speaking of replay value, the in-game counter says I've played for only two hours, but I've been at this shit for four hours now, I'm just on act 2.

Game is really awesome so far.

.la1n

Okay maybe I am alone but
it makes me happy Solid is still out there

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ah sweet, there's some sort of dog tag system in the game, like in MGS2. Only except of dog tags you collect arms. :p There really is A LOT of collectible crap in the game, I think replay value will be high regardless of you interest in higher difficulties. There are also "hidden" encounters like in Bayonetta, so there really is a lot to discover. Speaking of replay value, the in-game counter says I've played for only two hours, but I've been at this shit for four hours now, I'm just on act 2.

Game is really awesome so far.

Excellent news. Love how the arms are like dog tags.

Okay maybe I am alone but
it makes me happy Solid is still out there

You're not alone.
never understood the SNAKE MUST DIE SHOULD DIE cult, never did, never will, his ending in MGS4 was completely warranted and EARNED, and this makes me happy considering it's canon

Sparse

For some reason I thought this was coming out in two weeks and not one(UK), woops. Really terrible at not clicking those spoilers. ._.

Could I jump in and ask for Alan to be revenginifyroided too?

Does this game explain why Raiden isn't just chilling with Rose and Jack as MGS4's ending and his character arc suggested? or are they not really interested in that sort of thing and just said fuck it?

ANY kind of explanation about this in the game? MGS isn't literature but they could at least take into consideration what's already happened with some of the character resolutions.

.la1n

Does this game explain why Raiden isn't just chilling with Rose and Jack as MGS4's ending and his character arc suggested? or are they not really interested in that sort of thing and just said fuck it?

ANY kind of explanation about this in the game? MGS isn't literature but they could at least take into consideration what's already happened with some of the character resolutions.

I would be interested in this as well as what it seems so far is he is just doing his jack the ripper thing again.

jett

D-Member

Raiden is happily married and has his kid. A job as part of a security detail is the one he could find, I guess. :p

They mentioned the left arms needing to be collected in the demo. The DoKtor brings it up.

Only some special soldiers have arms that are counted towards your collectibles, the red-colored ones you may have seen.

Riposte

I'm not playing this game. Other people are. Where did my life go wrong?

EDIT: Is NeoGAF going insane atm for anyone else?

Top Bottom