• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

I, too, would like to request Revengeance-ification... But with this:

EMRjDUd.png

Needs to be resized and I would love if he was holding the HF Blade. It's a png so have fun with a background that works if you'd like, otherwise plain white is fine.

Thanks in advance.

No sensitivity options. Which the game really needs. In the demo there weren't so Im assuming there won't be in the final game.
You can invert both axis if you want though. I think that's about it.

New Question:
Can someone explain how weapon upgrading works?
Don't know why I came back into this thread...

Are people playing the game early or is it still just reviewers.

I'd hope reviewers wouldt need to ask for help on forums :p

rikichi

I was at the Uniqlo store in SF today but they wouldn't sell me any shirts. They claimed they don't get them in until Sunday night. Whatever. Bullshit street dated tee shirts... the mannequins were wearing them already. Here is a pic I took of their entrance.

i dont see anyone buying these nor anyone wearing them.

looks tacky as hell.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sunny:
"And remember! This is a no smoking flight!"

If someone would be so kind as to revengeancificate my avatar, I would greatly appreciate it.

Young Nobunaga the Ripper would look so awesome

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People who have the game: Does changing your primary blade change the moveset or add moves that aren't in the default HF blade or are they the same?

I was at the Uniqlo store in SF today but they wouldn't sell me any shirts. They claimed they don't get them in until Sunday night. Whatever. Bullshit street dated tee shirts... the mannequins were wearing them already. Here is a pic I took of their entrance.

Gonna buy the hell outta these in the NY branch. Their Peace Walker shirts were AWESOME.

Even though most reactions to this game are positive, some of them are really weird. Like, leaning toward bad in ways, but then "but it's fun", after ragging on tons of elements of the game. I expect good things, but I don't know how good of things.

I wish there were more reviews out. It would take a LOT of bad review for me to cancel my preorder though. So far, there aren't any.

My expectations are: absolutely not as good as Bayonetta(you aren't going to beat Kamiya, in the same genre. Certainly not his lead programmer. No offense to him.).
Not as good as Vanquish(Mikami is a master), but a bit longer.

But way better than Max Anarchy(I like this game, but it's only about a 6 to me).

Those have always been my expectations/hopes.

Interesting. Most impressions I've gotten so far from people who've played through it is that the whole over-the-top tone of
Armstrong
was generally amusing and fun.

Personally fighting a state senator that is a stereotype of the FOX News crowd just kind of made me realize this game was straight up made as a comedy. I could take nothing seriously.

Duffyside

Banned
Personally fighting a state senator that is a stereotype of the FOX News crowd just kind of made me realize this game was straight up made as a comedy. I could take nothing seriously.

At the end of MGS2, didn't Snake
fight the former President of the United States, who was his triplet-clone-brother
?

remz

Even though most reactions to this game are positive, some of them are really weird. Like, leaning toward bad in ways, but then "but it's fun", after ragging on tons of elements of the game. I expect good things, but I don't know how good of things.

I wish there were more reviews out. It would take a LOT of bad review for me to cancel my preorder though. So far, there aren't any.

I think that's just because a lot of people haven't been exposed to Platinum's game design before, so a lot of elements seem "weird" until you get used to them.

This being metal gear, I imagine this game is going to get into a lot more hands than something like say Bayonetta.

It seems that the only "flaws" people can find about this game is just nitpicking.

Me neither. Based on both demos, one is a button-masher, the other is not.

Yeah, I HATED the NG3 demo, but had much much fun with the MGR demo. I'd be pretty shocked if MGR had lots of similarities to NG3.

Didn't Ryu stand around talking to someone at the beginning of that demo, with a thing in his ear though? Or am I imagining things?

At the end of MGS2, didn't Snake
fight the former President of the United States, who was his triplet-clone-brother
?

But that made sense in the game and Universe. There's a precedence to how crazy characters were from previous games, and in MGR it crossed the crazy line.

Yeah, I HATED the NG3 demo, but had much much fun with the MGR demo. I'd be pretty shocked if MGR had lots of similarities to NG3.

Didn't Ryu stand around talking to someone at the beginning of that demo, with a thing in his ear though? Or am I imagining things?

Metal Gear Rising has several similarities to Ninja Gaiden in general, not just Ninja Gaiden 3. That's a good thing, but not when you say its "like NG3" because that's just an insult.

rvy

Banned
And that's made even more fucked up because of
the fact that he's essentially Raiden's father.

He's breaking free from his past, it's not fucked up at all.

But obviously I don't expect any meaningful themes or messages to come out of Rising, so I don't hold its shoddy storyline against the game. Jett posted that he's still married and this is his job, so I'm pretty happy about the character already.

I have avoided spoilers to the story, as much as possible. But does Raiden really have that many fans? I mean, really? He was pretty hated when he first showed up, but he was pretty cool in MGS4. But he didn't really stand out or anything. He was basically just turning into Grey Fox.

Now he seems to be crazy. That is kind of nutty, yes...I wouldn't have thought of him that way. But it's not like Snake or something.

I guess it's just not that important to me, and didn't think it was that important to a LOT of people.

I could be wrong.

rvy

Banned
I have avoided spoilers to the story, as much as possible. But does Raiden really have that many fans? I mean, really? He was pretty hated when he first showed up, but he was pretty cool in MGS4. But he didn't really stand out or anything. He was basically just turning into Grey Fox.

Now he seems to be crazy. That is kind of nutty, yes...I wouldn't have thought of him that way. But it's not like Snake or something.

I guess it's just not that important to me, and didn't think it was that important to a LOT of people.

I could be wrong.

They killed the character in MGS 4, so who gives a shit at this point.

noffles

Banned
He's breaking free from his past, it's not fucked up at all.

That's the only part of the fight that isn't fucked up. Considering the nature of the final act and how it all goes down, it's just a little bit fucked up.

Either way, I have no idea what raised this and I don't wish to spoil Rising for myself. I enjoy the absolute absurdity of MGS and I hope to keep myself virgin to what's to come.

They killed the character in MGS 4, so who gives a shit at this point.

Well, he was liked more after MGS4.

But he does seem to have big personality shifts from game to game. Like they don't know what to do with him.

Maybe he will just end up like Grey Fox. Hurt me more!

Why doesn't this game have chargeable attacks :'(?! I want Drive in Rising, this be total bullshitan.

I don't understand how you subdue cyborgs without killing them if you cut their body to pieces, but eh. I'll take it.
Not meaning to quote someone from way back but where'd you find this picture >_<.. I want to find more information about the unlockable swords..

Marlowe89

Now he seems to be crazy. That is kind of nutty, yes...I wouldn't have thought of him that way.

For me, that's the appeal. This "VENGEANCE HAS DRIVEN ME INSANE" version of Raiden in MGR is more interesting than every other portrayal of him combined. Oh, and his one-liners are amazing.

For those picking this up at launch, the Fry's ad shows that it'll be $50 on Tuesday, might wanna try pricematching if you have one around

The Monsoon fight was insane by the way. I only got by because on normal you get a steady supply of health items, even during boss fights. I have a feeling I will suffer on harder difficulties.

Thats one term for it, another is "bullshit." i seriously hated that fight

Tookay

Interesting. Most impressions I've gotten so far from people who've played through it is that the whole over-the-top tone of
Armstrong
was generally amusing and fun.

It goes too far. I would have accepted him as anything other than
the final villain

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Final boss fight :/.

Top Bottom