• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

rvy

Banned
Final boss fight :/.

0428_f0rfb.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
risingvwqnf.jpg

Thank's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It has come off completely now, and I still haven't beaten the final boss.

I guess this is truly the final challenge.

EatChildren

What were you doing to it before that?

Failing miserably at the final boss over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum.

EatChildren

What are your plans for that controller?

Toss it or fix it somehow? How would you even fix it? Shame to toss it because of one part though.

I'm going to try super glueing the soft tab back on, see how long that lasts. If not...I guess I'll have to buy another one. For now my thumb must endure the sharp edged hard plastic numb underneath!

What difficulty are you playing at?
You're on hard, right?

This sounds good...maybe.

I started on hard, yes.

EDIT: I should note again I'm really not super good at these games. I'll post a shot of the final score and you'll see based on my rankings that there's a lot of room for improvement, when/if I beat the boss.

I actually thought that the last boss fight was fun. It was as insane as the final boss fight of MGS 2 :p

You can easily avoid the metal sheets by using Ninja Run + Slide to dodge your way out of the metal object. It is much easier then cutting that metal piece, which takes a huge chunk out of our health bar

risingvwqnf.jpg

Thank's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Failing miserably at the final boss over and over and over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum.

I'm going to try super glueing the soft tab back on, see how long that lasts. If not...I guess I'll have to buy another one. For now my thumb must endure the sharp edged hard plastic numb underneath!

I started on hard, yes.

EDIT: I should note again I'm really not super good at these games. I'll post a shot of the final score and you'll see based on my rankings that there's a lot of room for improvement, when/if I beat the boss.

IjOzyZW.jpg

Stuff like rotating sticks quickly or mashing buttons fast worry me because I'm just not good at that stuff. Put me in a Track n Field type game scenario and I always lose. I'm decent at pattern recognition and combos but mashy qtes and the like usually stop a games progress for a while in my case.

Anyone unlock or try revengeance mode?

Ordered the strat guide on Amazon. It should have some good charts and hidden stats.

edit: probably wrong on that, sorry

Anyone unlock or try revengeance mode?

Ordered the strat guide on Amazon. It's by the same guys who did the Bayonetta and Vanquish guides, so it should have some good charts and hidden stats.
Bayonetta and Vanquish was by futurepress. MGR is by piggyback. The guy who wrote the bayo guide ( At least big parts of it) was saur. So did saur the guide for piggyback? Can someone confirm this?

Really trying to stay away until my copy arrives, but I love the impressions so far.

eL0xW6T.png

I'm seriously surprised no one has revengified this guy yet. His face looks perfect for it.

Domstercool

I started on hard, yes.

I found Square and X together is a helpful move for dodging lots of stuff.
Oh, and also Ninja Run and Y, for a certain part of the fight that is misleading. Junk rocks O_______________________O

Darkone

Some people in this thread said that a guy on a stream tried out Revengeance difficulty and ended up getting slaughtered.

I want to start the game on Revengeance, once you choose a difficulty can you change it while playing or once you choose you can`t go back?

x86

Neo Member
I want to start the game on Revengeance, once you choose a difficulty can you change it while playing or once you choose you can`t go back?
I don't think you can. At least, when I go to the chapter select on a chapter I've completed on normal I can't select to play it on easy -- so I'd think the same goes for higher difficulties? The only chapter I can choose to play on easy (or any other difficulty) is chapter one.

EatChildren

risingoeqzp.jpg

Literally like...70% of those continues was the final boss. Which in turn became less troublesome when I stopped playing like a moron and learned how to best tackle the fight better.

And now I must wait until the 19th.

EatChildren

Now try very hard Eats.

I'm going to :>

Someone asked about titles ages ago? I don't think it would hurt embargo to say: they're like the titles you get in past Metal Gear game, but similar to Peace Walker. At the end of the game you're awarded titles based on various conditions met, eg "beat game in under X time" and "severe X amount of limbs". They're tracked in the unlocks too, so you can theoretically try to get them all.

demidar

Because the controller hasn't been raped enough.

Controllers enjoy being fondled, that's their sole purpose.

I'm going to :>

Someone asked about titles ages ago? I don't think it would hurt embargo to say: they're like the titles you get in past Metal Gear game, but similar to Peace Walker. At the end of the game you're awarded titles based on various conditions met, eg "beat game in under X time" and "severe X amount of limbs". They're tracked in the unlocks too, so you can theoretically try to get them all.

So did you see a point to unlocking titles besides being a completionist whore?

EatChildren

So did you see a point to unlocking titles besides being a completionist whore?

No, but I wouldn't know if there's a reward at the end of the tunnel. Titles can be tracked in the collectables screen, along with severed left hand ID data (think dogtags), and other stuff. I know there's achievements for completing certain categories of collectables, but I don't know if titles are under that umbrella.

Naar

I beat the game yesterday and trophies were popping up after I do something to make them pop (like chapter finish)

But the game doesn't show on my trophy list :\ and every time I go into trophy menu it says it's syncing and reaches 100% and then all games show up expect MGR!

Anyone know what the problem is?

Also I can vouch for that last boss taking 70% of the continues. I was in a similar situation until I figured out how to beat him and what to do and not do

Top Bottom