• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

demidar

No, but I wouldn't know if there's a reward at the end of the tunnel. Titles can be tracked in the collectables screen, along with severed left hand ID data (think dogtags), and other stuff. I know there's achievements for completing certain categories of collectables, but I don't know if titles are under that umbrella.

I loved collecting dog tags in MGS2, this game keeps getting better and better.

DJwest

So are you guys getting the game on 360 or PS3 ? Anyone tried the demo on both consoles and preferred the 360 controller ?

anddo0

risingvwqnf.jpg

Thank's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Ouch!

I'm using backup controller for this one.

Just started the PS3 version last night. Had a good time with it. Plays nice and smooth; maybe smoother than the demo. Some of these bosses are insane.

Naar

I beat the game yesterday and trophies were popping up after I do something to make them pop (like chapter finish)

But the game doesn't show on my trophy list :\ and every time I go into trophy menu it says it's syncing and reaches 100% and then all games show up expect MGR!

Anyone know what the problem is?

Also I can vouch for that last boss taking 70% of the continues. I was in a similar situation until I figured out how to beat him and what to do and not do

From last page. Anyone can help?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How bad is it exactly? Choose between Superman 64, Rise of Robots or Terminator 2 for the master system

HMMMMMMMMMM. Worse than Superman 64 and Terminator 2, but not quite as good as Rise of the Robots.

3 hours long, no guns, not enough cutscenes, 3.4/10

Can I just use this as my review?

Any way to
unlock CQC
?

Yes but you have to beat cyborg snake you see solid snake was not really the clone son of big boss he just idolised him and all the events of the solid series was snake collecting VR/AI data on raidens abilities and ninja powers so he could construct an exo skeleton in his old age enhanced with the spirit and will and data of raiden and become the ultimate warrior like big boss thats the final boss fight cyborg solid snake its real cool

Are people serious about hating this game?

I mean it was pretty good, not at the level of Bayonetta but still pretty damn good. Why all the hate? :|

I'm not surprised if the story sucks in this one.

I mean, MGS' story lunacy + Platinum Games visual lunacy = a big floppy donkey mess.

Do I think that I will still like it though? Yes.

Sigh.

risingoeqzp.jpg

Literally like...70% of those continues was the final boss. Which in turn became less troublesome when I stopped playing like a moron and learned how to best tackle the fight better.

And now I must wait until the 19th.

Wait...6:18 hours on hard?
So without the last difficult boss fight it's 5 1/2 hours?

Reminds me of Vanquish.
Nope, not worth 60€ imo. I'll wait until price drop

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Reminds me of Vanquish.

It's an action brawler. It does not count cutscenes and codec conversations, nor does it count retries and replays in your final time. It only counts your best time, so every continue is made irrelevant in the game time (to my knowledge), only the one where I won counts.

If you're only going to play it once, no it won't take long to beat. You also wont unlock half the shit in the game, and have VR challenges on top of that.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm not sure there's a difference.

Vanquish is like a piece of hot, crumble blueberry pie on a cool summer evening with creamy custard that tickles your tastebuds in ways you wouldn't even dream of, all of it served to you by your beautiful wife/husband who simultaneously whispers promises of acts that would make the author of the Kama Sutra blush.

Bayonetta is an order of magnitude better than that.

Naar

Since the game isn't officially released, the trophies probably aren't listed on the Sony servers. When the game gets its official release, you'll be able to sync them, don't worry.

Yea but I have bought many games days before the official release and had no problems with the trophies synching.

I guess I will wait and see what happens in 2 days

Naar

It's an action brawler. It does not count cutscenes and codec conversations, nor does it count retries and replays in your final time. It only counts your best time, so every continue is made irrelevant in the game time (to my knowledge), only the one where I won counts.

If you're only going to play it once, no it won't take long to beat. You also wont unlock half the shit in the game, and have VR challenges on top of that.

Yea true. I played the game about 12 hours straight until I beat it but my end time was slightly less than 6 hours. So half my playing time wasn't recorded

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Reminds me of Vanquish.

It doesnt count any of those retries or any cutscenes -- Its a special calculator for speed runners only. Good god people. Do we have to tattoo this to every fucking page. Or put a kibosh on posting that end screen unless you label it "ACTUALLY PLAYED FOR 12 HOURS THO" on the image.

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
So is the Zandatsu actually improved in the final game ? In the demo it was terrible trying to cut precisely. There was a point where I became really frustated and just said fuck it , spam xxxyyy in zandatsu mode.

Took me close to 10 hours on Normal but the in-game timer was reading it at 5:15. Not to mention i skipped almost every codec conversation and rushed through most of the game. I wanted to give the Hard difficulty a try so i will start properly on Hard. Thankfully, didn't start with Hard otherwise the Final Boss Fight might have broken my controller.

rvy

Banned
Vanquish is like a piece of hot, crumble blueberry pie on a cool summer evening with creamy custard that tickles your tastebuds in ways you wouldn't even dream of, all of it served to you by your beautiful wife/husband who simultaneously whispers promises of acts that would make the author of the Kama Sutra blush.

Bayonetta is an order or magnitude better than that.

iPXbWZc6Sb1MX.gif

Carbonox

Bayonetta is an order or magnitude better than that.

This is fappable material.

winstano

I beat the game yesterday and trophies were popping up after I do something to make them pop (like chapter finish)

But the game doesn't show on my trophy list :\ and every time I go into trophy menu it says it's syncing and reaches 100% and then all games show up expect MGR!

Also I can vouch for that last boss taking 70% of the continues. I was in a similar situation until I figured out how to beat him and what to do and not do

Same thing's happening here. I think it's probably just because the game's not out for a week still, they'll pop up on release day I guess. If you want to see them in your list, set your trophy mode to Offline and they'll show up then

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Aren't you the Monsters Arcade guy? Nice Sundowner fight. I haven't seen anyone else
break his shields to get the checkpoint and song lyrics

I really started off sloppy in that fight. I had paused for like 5 hours and already had lost my rhythm. On top of that, I was in the middle of a crazy ass encounter in a Pathfinder game lol

jett

D-Member
Normal mode is pretty easy. If you're used to the demo you should probably start on hard. I've literally died more times in a shitty set-piece in the prologue than in the next 3-4 chapters.

Domstercool

Game isn't out yet. DmC did the same thing when I was reviewing it on PS3. Once release date hits the trophies will appear on your list.

Top Bottom