• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Isn't every fight in the game preceded by a checkpoint?

I don't know. I saw a post earlier that some checkpoints were annoyingly placed (i.e., not immediately where the fight starts).

Basically I just want to know if when you screw up a certain fight by failing to meet whatever goal you have in mind, can you just restart checkpoint and do the fight again? If so, that will make collecting shit or S-ranking everything a lot more fun for me.

rvy

Banned
I just beat the final boss without losing a single life. Learn to play, fewls.

ibnvp7UJ6kuYk8.gif

You guys suck.

im really having a hard time distilling how i feel about this game, i like it, but im falling short of loving it. Some aspects feel a bit sloppy like the constant stunlocking and the parry system, which becomes very unreliable with multiple enemies and can really break up the flow of combat. Those things prevent MGR from really hitting the same heights as a Bayonetta or Devil May Cry.

the Zandatsu triggers though, are a fantastic way to add cinematic moments to combat and shit all over QTEs. They have been a joy to experience.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Can you parry mid combo? Wasn't sure if I was actually doing this or if it's because the combo dropped for a second.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So are the PS3 exclusive 30 VR Missions day 1 dlc or included in the game? If so, how much are they going to be when the game comes out?

TheGrue

If I haven't finished up MGS4 yet, will this game spoil anything? I've already gotten to the point where you
see Raiden come in and be a badass and then get torn up pretty bad
, but just curious how much this game ties into MGS4.

RS4-

you can cancel almost everything into a parry.

You just can't do much if you're being attacked by someone else while you do a perfect/just parry. I guess they could've fixed that by making you invulnerable while you're doing the counter attack.

zainetor

Banned
You just can't do much if you're being attacked by someone else while you do a perfect/just parry. I guess they could've fixed that by making you invulnerable while you're doing the counter attack.

best thing to do when surrounded, is a perfect timed evasive move. If you get the right timig, out of that thing, you don't need to rely so much on the parry.

Ps :sorry for my english, but it's not my language XD

RS4-

best thing to do when surrounded, is a perfect timed evasive move. If you get the right timig, out of that thing, you don't need to rely so much on the parry.

Ps :sorry for my english, but it's not my language XD

Actually speaking of that, there's perfect evasion? I thought it was just a normal evade lol.

jett

D-Member
http://i.minus.com/ibnvp7UJ6kuYk8.gif[IMG]

You guys suck.[/QUOTE]

:lol oops, I jumped the gun there. :P I died a few times on the final boss, but it was pretty fun regardless. [spoiler]Even if it was single-handedly the silliest thing in the metal gear universe lololol[/spoiler]

I'll post more detailed impressions later, but overall assessment: awesome.

joe2187

Banned
:lol oops, I jumped the gun there. :p I died a few times on the final boss, but it was pretty fun regardless.
Even if it was single-handedly the silliest thing in the metal gear universe lololol

I'll post more detailed impressions later, but overall assessment: awesome.

The silliest thing in the MGS universe is still Liquids arm

jett

D-Member
The silliest thing in the MGS universe is still Liquids arm

Well.

This is close.

p.s.

mgrendyos1r.jpg

However MGR's timer works, it's dumb. I've easily spent over 10 hours with the game so far. And missing one or two encounters really brings down your mission score ;(

I thought me getting a C meant that i sucked but almost everyone is getting it their first time :D

Makes me feel better knowing that it is the average for most people.

Dr Dogg

Well saw the advert for the first time last night in the UK which at first got me excited for Friday. Now though, seeing as I've been watching Dave all afternoon it's been on every ad break and now I've turned into a frothing impatient madman.

Ninja Dom

I played through the demo and is it right that there isn't a Block button?

So how does this compare to Ninja Gaiden? I'm currently playing through Razor's Edge on Hard difficulty.

I played through the demo and is it right that there isn't a Block button?

So how does this compare to Ninja Gaiden? I'm currently playing through Razor's Edge on Hard difficulty.

hitting square/X + a direction with have you block in a direction. If you time it right when an enemy is about to hit you it will cause a parry where then you can counter.

jett

D-Member
How'd you like the game, Jett?

Overall, it's great. The demo is a really good indicative of what to expect, I'll post longer impressions later.

Damn Jett only 11 continues. You owned the game harder than DmC on Neph!

Normal is cakewalk, easier than DmC even. You have items that restore your health automatically, and they abound. Hell, bosses routinely drop health items! It's really hard to die. :p 8-10 of those continues were due to a shitty set-piece in the prologue and the actual final boss. :p I think I legit died once during the game. I'm playing hard right now and I don't see any difference. In fact I just perfected the bladewolf with the pole-arm. Unfortunately, no other difficulties were unlocked by beating the game on normal. I guess I could use the konami code but I'll stick around for a while longer.

Carbonox

Overall, it's great. The demo is a really good indicative of what to expect, I'll post longer impressions later.

Normal is cakewalk, easier than DmC even. You have items that restore your health automatically, and they abound. Hell, bosses routinely drop health items! It's really hard to die. :p 8-10 of those continues were due to a shitty set-piece in the prologue and the actual final boss. :p I think I legit died once during the game. I'm playing hard right now and I don't see any difference. In fact I just perfected the bladewolf with the pole-arm. Unfortunately, no other difficulties were unlocked by beating the game on normal. I guess I could use the konami code but I'll stick around for a while longer.

Wow...

DmC is one of the easiest games I've played in quite some time in this genre.

Carbonox

But then I hear starting on Hard from fresh is not advised? Or is that wrong. I dunno which difficulty to start with. Fuck it, YOLO HARD MODE.

But then I hear starting on Hard from fresh is not advised? Or is that wrong. I dunno which difficulty to start with. Fuck it, YOLO HARD MODE.

I think people were recommending that you do not use the konami code to start on Very Hard or Revengeance from the start, but action game veterans should absolutely start on Hard.

A ton of enemies can one-shot you on Revengeance, from what I heard.
Final boss does 300% damage on any single hit on that difficulty

Carbonox

Have you beaten games like DMC, Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden? Play on hard, otherwise play on normal.

Yeah I'm well versed in the genre. I just heard varying opinions on which of the two to start with. I'll start with Hard mode though.

I'm looking forward to seeing the crazy videos later where some gamers play through Revengeance mode fresh. :lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone make a dent in the trophies yet?

Like the no damage bosses on hard I figured someone on here would have done by now

or unlocking all the VR missions.(unless someone was mistaken in thinking that there were only 30)

AHA-Lambda

I thought DmC was easy on normal but I couldn't beat the dog in the demo on normal =/

yeah I am not good at this genre, but I love metal gear, so I am conflicted :s

Top Bottom