• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

joe2187

Banned
Okay, I just died in the first 10 seconds in very hard. The FUG!? The parry window is much shorter now, lolz.

tumblr_mhvpepA2u41rb9fwvo1_400.gif

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Which section? I can think of two areas where I may have missed them. I'll assume its either
the part where you're using the dwarf gekko or the darkened tunnel where you can't use AR

the tunnel where you can't use AR. I avoided the red lights from the enemies as much as possible. When the trophy popped, I turned on AR and saw that I'd skipped two big guys and two dwarfs.

Mr. RHC

Don't know if it has been posted here already, but Hideo Kojima is editing the launch trailer for Rising by himself. Will be released on the 19th.

Doomrider

Don't know if it has been posted here already, but Hideo Kojima is editing the launch trailer for Rising by himself. Will be released on the 19th.

If it's anything like the one he did for Lords of Shadow, thanks, but no thanks. He spoiled most locations and general visual surprises in that one. The guy doesn't know restraint.

Astral

Does the full game let you restart every encounter like in the demo? If so, wouldn't that mean that if you feel like you won't be getting an S rank for an encounter, you can just restart it and try again?

Yiorgos

If I get the Japanese ps3 limited edition I will need to have a Japanese psn account to redeem the dlc right? Will I then be able to use that dlc with my US account? Thanks.

-Winnie-

You technically have two weapons. You keep your HF blade and can use another optional weapon with it. Like if you want to use Sai + Blade, you can do it. Unfortunately, the side weapon button is mapped with the High attack button so it mean you can only use Quick attack with the Blade while using the High attack for the other weapon. Personally, i never felt the need to switch weapons in-game, i was perfectly fine with this system.

Oh, that actually sounds alright. I'd still prefer being able to switch sets ala Bayonetta, but this is a decent substitute. Thanks for clearing that up, dude.

Also, I haven't seen this question answered so I'll throw it out there again: Is chapter select limited to starting at the beginning of a chapter, or can you start right at a boss fight if you want?

Guess Who

Banned
*chortles*

score 6/10

Yeah, I mean who would think highly of a game that's been criticized for flaws like needless swearing, lots of interruptions during boss battles, complete bastardization of a long-established franchise protagonist, some awkward decisions that make combat more tedious than it could be, cutscenes full of flash trying to make up for a plot lacking in substance, and a really easy standard difficulty?

To be fair, it's not a dedicated button. I can imagine why that would throw some people off. Remember, not everyone is into pure action games and this is the first Metal Gear to venture into the genre.

But Dodge isnt a dedicated button in MSG4 either?

Yeah, I mean who would think highly of a game that's been criticized for flaws like needless swearing, lots of interruptions during boss battles, complete bastardization of a long-established franchise protagonist, some awkward decisions that make combat more tedious than it could be, cutscenes full of flash trying to make up for a plot lacking in substance, and a really easy standard difficulty?

all of which wasn't brought up.

Instead a lack of a dodge was and a praise of a game who superiority is dubious at best and a game with the EXACT same flaws although I know you was trying to be ironic.

so yeah....

*chortles*

How anyone can take points off for things like these blows my mind. This is a goddamn character action video game.

haikira

Also, I haven't seen this question answered so I'll throw it out there again: Is chapter select limited to starting at the beginning of a chapter, or can you start right at a boss fight if you want?

I haven't completed the game yet, so perhaps it becomes more open. But currently, when i pick a chapter to replay, the only option is to play it from the start.

Just beat it. It took a little over 5 hours. Do they count time in cutscenes? Pretty short I thought. I died 50 times. 48 of which were all during the final battle.

The last hour of the game goes from crazy to bat-shit insane...in more ways than one. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

The combat is incredible. The enemies are sweet (except for one) The rest I found kind of disappointing. Even for a Metal Gear game, the story and voice overs are pretty damn bad.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
To be fair, it's not a dedicated button. I can imagine why that would throw some people off. Remember, not everyone is into pure action games and this is the first Metal Gear to venture into the genre.

This is not an excuse. What happened to learning how to play a game?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You brought up an interesting point about having no way to know how to execute the purchasable moves.

If that's true, that's slightly disappointing.

That is really bad. Not having a movelist was one of my biggest peeves in the demo. I just assumed that the full game would have one.

haikira

You brought up an interesting point about having no way to know how to execute the purchasable moves.

If that's true, that's slightly disappointing.

It's not true. Hitting pause and clicking help shows every move you have with clear button prompts how to perform them and text descriptions. They also put tags on any newly purchased moves, so you can scroll to them quickly.

I'll repeat. This game does have a move list.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's not true. Hitting pause and clicking help shows every move you have with clear button prompts how to perform them and text descriptions. They also put tags on any newly purchased moves, so you can scroll to them quickly.

Aahahhahaha. I guess that's that.

Marlowe89

In that case, most of the criticisms in that review are pretty unfounded.

haikira

Thought i'd provide a little proof. I didn't scroll down to more advance stuff, just in case people consider later moves a spoiler. So i kept to showing just moves from the demo. Also, i was wrong about text descriptions, but so far i haven't required any. The move list will update, with whatever moves you have unlocked.

imag0661wkf3s.jpg

Top Bottom