• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Hystzen

Uk- GAF

Seriously why haven't game gone out of business yet? I went in to preorder and first the rep was telling me I needed to buy the the limited edition to get the inferno armor, then he told me it was £45 quid to preorder when the game is advertised for 37.99 on their own website!

I just kissed my teeth and walked out. It's bad enough that they are 2 quid more expensive than anyone else anyway.

I refuse to give that company my money. Im preordering on amazon.

supermarkets should be same price as amazon not sure on Grainger game though if not Zavvi if you want preoder bonuses.

Game made me laugh other day they had DmC brand new for £43 if though it a bomb but a pre owned DmC £39

Zemm

Hearing these stories how people got through the game with only 5 continues, but like 30+ from the final boss alone is a worry. That doesn't sound like a balanced game. I want to start this on hard but I want the difficulty to ramp up gradually. It sounds like it's mostly easy'ish, but then you face a cliff right at the end.

jett

D-Member
grrrrr
i keep dieing at final boss
what should i do when i turn to green ? some times i went to his back and activate blade mode and cut throw it
but now every time i use that keep blocking me and attack me
i don't have any health
i have 5 recovery for electrolyte

You're supposed to blade mode his back, there should be a pink square you have to hit, I think. I figured that by accident. I kept hitting him with blade mode to interrupt his auto-healing(and eating the damage), eventually the pink square on the back of his head was revealed to me. :p

Jarmel

Banned
Hearing these stories how people got through the game with only 5 continues, but like 30+ from the final boss alone is a worry. That doesn't sound like a balanced game. I want to start this on hard but I want the difficulty to ramp up gradually. It sounds like it's mostly easy'ish, but then you face a cliff right at the end.

Well it depends on why the player is dying.

I have bad feeling that when everyone get 360 & PS3 ver.

Konami will announced Wii U ver.

I will wait 2 month to buy this game , if not announced for Wii U i will get it on PS3 .

There is many things i want to buy (NFS:MW,MH3U,CV:MOF,LM:2,GOW:A).

Just get the ps3 one now.

Zemm

Well it depends on why the player is dying.

If most are having trouble with it (to the point of breaking controllers) there has to be some sort of annoyance. It sounds like the game could have been better balanced, we'll see soon enough.

Revven

I was also just charged on Newegg for my $48 pre-order. Not sure when it'll be shipped or when it'll get here but I'm excited!!

jett

D-Member

I don't want to spoil too much, but I believe it's mostly due to the fact that people are inept at properly doing the dodge.

jrcbandit

The final boss is a major step up in difficulty. The key is to not use any health kits until the final battle. One trick is that every time it saves a checkpoint, you can then restart to the latest checkpoint and get full health/energy. Also, once you figure out the beginning part of the battle/phase, it is easy to get past it without taking any/very little damage. It is the final phase that is a bitch.

Also, the part where a portion of a building/mech is thrown at you, you take massive damage if you don't cut it just right. I gave up cutting it and ran straight toward the boss to nearly directly under him and then it wont hit. However, if you manage to cut it just right, health kits supposedly drop which would make the battle pretty easy if you can cut precisely each time. Oh yeah, another hint for those people who are spoiling it for themselves - the Metal Gear portion of the battle is the easy/early phase where you should take almost no damage via parry ;p.

haikira

You're supposed to blade mode his back, there should be a pink square you have to hit, I think. I figured that by accident. I kept hitting him with blade mode to interrupt his auto-healing(and eating the damage), eventually the pink square on the back of his head was revealed to me. :p

For context. I'm quoting an end boss spoiler and my spoiler below is an end boss spoiler.

Don't view these spoilers, unless you've completed the game.

I actually downed the boss, without knowing that. I thought you just had to let him heal. He always recovers to a lower amount, so you eventually wear him down even if you leave his heals uninterrupted. It just takes a long time. Extra fun when you mess up that slash event at the end and have to start over again. Oh well, i'll know next time i fight him.

I haven't bothered with Normal, now the final boss is whooping my ass on Hard mode. I just suck at cutting things properly.

Don't care what anyone says. This story is not cannon. Do not worry about missing anything, I can assure you you won't miss a single important thing.
Just forget this game exists, it's just a spin off.

It's not just a river in Egypt.

My big problem with the boss fight was that I started it with zero health recovery items. In which I had
to wait till the third stage of the fight to pick up any
, this resulted in all my continues. Just be sure to go into the final fight prepared. I wasn't lol.

jett

D-Member
Is it awkward... I mean, is there a specific animation to grab both or he just grabs one and then does the same animation over again?

He grabs one after another with a different animation. I've grabbed three consecutively once.

demidar

Is it awkward... I mean, is there a specific animation to grab both or he just grabs one and then does the same animation over again?

He did the grabbing motion for the second one almost immediately after he finished grabbing the first one. He held both spines at once then crushed them at once.

rvy

Banned
He grabs one after another with a different animation. I've grabbed three consecutively once.

Meh, would have been cooler if he grabbed all of them in one swoop. Ninja style.

He did the grabbing motion for the second one almost immediately after he finished grabbing the first one. He held both spines at once then crushed them at once.

Not too bad.

Carbonox

That white costume is so much cooler than this REVENGEANCE get-up

I'm a fan of Black Raiden's design but yeah, White Raiden looks more 'normal' so to speak given the world.

I still hope they give us MGS4 trenchcoat Raiden though. I know we get MGS4 Raiden as DLC but it's gotta have the trenchcoat damn it!

RS4-

Reading the guide now and it does mention something I said in a previous post: in revengeance difficulty, perfect parries cause huge damage.

Nemesis_

Does anyone who has and can talk about the game please explain how to use the weapon (
Sai
) properly?

It feels useless. >_>

jrcbandit

Reading the guide now and it does mention something I said in a previous post: in revengeance difficulty, perfect parries cause huge damage.

What exactly does collecting left hands do? I believe all 30? will give a wig, but is there something for say 10 or 20? I got a message that something could be made, but nothing seemed to happen when I got a specific number (10 or 15ish).

Does anyone who has and can talk about the game please explain how to use the weapon (
Sai
) properly?

It feels useless. >_>

It seems rather useless to me, could have used those points towards improving something else ;p. Only the first 2ndary weapon seems good so far, the third 2ndary weapon also seems to suck, at least without maxing out its stats/maneuvers. Unless there is some way to switch 2ndary weapons on the fly without pausing the game, you are better off with the default or 1st one you get.

RS4-

Sai
) properly?

It feels useless. >_>

Target lock an enemy if you have to, it'll latch on and drag you towards them. I can't remember if it's an upgrade or a charge move, but it can shock them too.

What exactly does collecting left hands do? I believe all 30? will give a wig, but is there something for say 10 or 20? I got a message that something could be made, but nothing seemed to happen when I got a specific number (10 or 15ish).

wigs --
Wig A - Infinite sub weapon ammo - 10 left hands
Wig B - Infinite Fuel Cell - 20 hands
Blade Mode Wig - Armored enemies can be cut without the need to be weakened - 30 hands + finish game on hard or higher

Top Bottom