• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Why would you only play their weakest game (AR)?! Correct this immediately!!

I want to play Bayonetta but I don't have a 360 (only have PC, PS3, and Wii U), so I'm going to wait on that to see if they would ever release it elsewhere. I also want to try out Vanquish but trying to save up money for a new computer at the moment and I can't impulse buy as much as I want to :(

The main reason I even got Revengeance in the first place was because of those 12$ off Newegg coupon codes from last year. I'm not even a Metal Gear person, but the 12$ off pushed me to getting a game I normally wouldn't consider.

RS4-

Because I'm really bored, trying to go through revengeance mode as fast as possible, already up to the end of chapter 4.

Not as hard as I thought. I don't think I'll bother doing the S-run though.

Nemesis_

MadWorld, AR and IS are probably a matter of taste, while Bayo and Vanquish are appreciated by almost everyone.

Yeah, you're right I guess. Though I find so many people who think that Bayonetta is shit when (let's be real here) it's one of the defining, if not best action games of the forever. So fucking good.

Platinum have just not made a bad game yet. And it's so good to see.

Platinum, renowned for its high quality, is a metal that keeps its luster forever. It was with this property in mind that we named our company PlatinumGames Inc.

^ was a lie told?

ifmf83OsNR4ae.gif

GringoJB

Just got word that my Amazon order shipped! Should get here tomorrow... was able to snag one of those MGR hoodies that Uniqlo is selling over at their site, too. So hyped...

Just got an email that my game shipped 11 minutes ago! Maybe with any luck it'll get here today. Not keeping my hopes up about that, but it would be nice. Still have some other games that I have to beat before I really dig into it, but I'll make sure to play it at least a bit these week. Just to make sure (since I'm pretty sure this is the case but haven't read on it), this game goes on a level-by-level type of structure for the game, right?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hook a brother up with some new-ish boner soothing gifs. The lack of aforementioned gifs is troubling. Troubling I say!

So I've been playing through Vanquish today and it's more obvious now why Kojima chose Platinum - the general visual design of the armour and general tech is very similar to what we've seen from Shinkawa.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

icespide

Banned
Just got word that my Amazon order shipped! Should get here tomorrow... was able to snag one of those MGR hoodies that Uniqlo is selling over at their site, too. So hyped...

thanks for the heads up on uniqlo's site! I thought these were a Japan only thing. I snagged a hoodie and a shirt!

RS4-

Do they affect achievements or disable them?

Doesn't affect them. Just finished rev mode with wig b.

Now I have to go through the game on the lesser difficulties to unlock the weapons and suits. You can just stay in
ripper mode
if you don't care about grades on your current play through and just want to get through it asap.

jett, how are you dealing with
Monsoon
? I'm trying to cut down the time, but it took me nearly 20 mins on revengeance lolol.

Are those VR missions only a Gamestop preorder thing? I'm pretty sure I know where I can go get a copy of this now or I can last minute pre-order it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Are the 30 exclusive PS3 VR Missions on disc or are they just Day 1 Exclusive DLC?

LiK

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/04/metal-gear-rising-gets-exclusive-vr-missions-on-ps3/

ut what I’m excited to unveil today should be an old favorite for any Metal Gear fan, PlayStation-exclusive DLC VR Missions! Adding 30 all-new missions to the game, featuring that classic VR/Virtual Reality look inspired by the original Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, the pack is pure, uncut gameplay that pushes Raiden’s Cyborg body to its limits.

it's clearly mentioned as DLC on PS3.

Well I guess I'll go try my luck. There was a shop that sold Farcry3 and AC3 on Monday. I'm guessing they are doing it again.

edit: got it. For some reason I thought it was a free mode for ps3.

The only thing GameStop has is the Gray Fox skin (along with his Fox blade) and the art book.

On that note. What's the likelyhood of the Grey Fox skin showing up on the PSN store at a later date as downloadable DLC? A lot of games will sell pre-order bonus content on Live or PSN after a game ships.

The reason I ask this is that I just played the demo for this last night and thought it was awesome. I'm tempted to pre-order this just for the Grey Fox skin, but my logical self is telling me not to drop $60 on this day one.

Regardless, it was refreshing to actually play a game again where I was challenged. I actually died in the demo. *gasp*. It's been ages since I've played a game that has forced me to actually learn and develop gameplay skills. I'm just imaging something like when I first played Ninja Gaiden on Xbox and got destroyed at the start, but by the end I was crazy good at the game.

On that note. What's the likelyhood of the Grey Fox skin showing up on the PSN store at a later date as downloadable DLC? A lot of games will sell pre-order bonus content on Live or PSN after a game ships.

The reason I ask this is that I just played the demo for this last night and thought it was awesome. I'm tempted to pre-order this just for the Grey Fox skin, but my logical self is telling me not to drop $60 on this day one.

Regardless, it was refreshing to actually play a game again where I was challenged. I actually died in the demo. *gasp*. It's been ages since I've played a game that has forced me to actually learn and develop gameplay skills. I'm just imaging something like when I first played Ninja Gaiden on Xbox and got destroyed at the start, but by the end I was crazy good at the game.

All of Vanquish's DLC came to PSN/XBL after launch, I'd expect this game's DLC to do the same eventually.

chrono01

All of Vanquish's DLC came to PSN/XBL after launch, I'd expect this game's DLC to do the same eventually.

Yeah, I would be surprised if it never comes to PSN/XBL for those that never pre-ordered.

Personally, I'm safe either way [since I pre-ordered at EBGames], but given how popular Gray Fox is [and rightfully so!], I'm sure those of you who purchased your copy elswhere will not suffer for long.

Wait, was the entire first verse and chorus of the beta version of A Stranger I Remain removed?

Compare:

Current

Beta

To be quite honest, that was my favourite part of the song and I'm kind of bummed to see it absent :/

The End

Yeah, I would be surprised if it never comes to PSN/XBL for those that never pre-ordered.

Personally, I'm safe either way [since I pre-ordered at EBGames], but given how popular Gray Fox is [and rightfully so!], I'm sure those of you who purchased your copy elswhere will not suffer for long.

man, the DLC weapons in vanquish (the sniper pistol, the HMG, and the battleship cannon) were just... game breakingly awesome

if you've never played with the them before, they're easily worth the $2

Top Bottom