• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

JKTrix

OMG the game is here, in Bermuda! We get games a week late, not a day early!

Going to pick it up during my lunch break.

Dahbomb

Is that guy playing with a wig? His bar never depletes.

Bosses don't appear to be that much harder on Revengeance, they just kill you in 3 hits.

jett

D-Member
Is that guy playing with a wig? His bar never depletes.

Bosses don't appear to be that much harder on Revengeance, they just kill you in 3 hits.

I didn't see any difference in very hard either, at least with Mistral. In fact since your weapons are all fully powered up they die a lot quicker. :p

NotLiquid

Aurgh, the store I ordered the Limited Edition from said that they're getting their shipments from the distributors late by a couple of days. I was looking forward to some MGR cutting action this weekend but I guess I won't be having that fortune this time around.

I'm extremely interested in the reviews for this game. It seems like it's going to be very polarizing.

I wanted to get it at first but after playing the demo (and nearly breaking the controller) and seeing some of the play through times I figured I'd wait for it to drop in price.

I'm extremely interested in the reviews for this game. It seems like it's going to be very polarizing.

I wanted to get it at first but after playing the demo (and nearly breaking the controller) and seeing some of the play through times I figured I'd wait for it to drop in price.

10 hours is too short?

Fabrik

Banned

Please don't make me repeat myself again.

That's hard to say. So far, there have been polarizing reviews, but none from print or online (actual) reviewers. Nothing below an 8 yet. I'm sure we will get some, but so far it looks good.

So what are people getting this on? I was playing the 360 version. Didn't notice any tearing really, though i wasn't really paying that close attention because the game is so fast paced.

Just got charged for my Newegg order, so I'll probably have it later this week. I got Ni No Kuni the next day (Tuesday, the day it came out), and I've had a very erratic track record for when I've actually received my game orders from them with free shipping, but hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.

I'm looking forward to this. The only Platinum Games game I've played so far is Anarchy Reigns, so this should be a treat. I enjoyed the demo much more than I thought it would, and honestly, I'm looking forward to slicing random objects up in Blade Mode.

Just got charged for my Newegg order, so I'll probably have it later this week. I got Ni No Kuni the next day (Tuesday, the day it came out), and I've had a very erratic track record for when I've actually received my game orders from them with free shipping, but hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.

I'm looking forward to this. The only Platinum Games game I've played so far is Anarchy Reigns, so this should be a treat. I enjoyed the demo much more than I thought it would, and honestly, I'm looking forward to slicing random objects up in Blade Mode.

Why would you only play their weakest game (AR)?! Correct this immediately!!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
All i heard is ps3 version has v-sync and that the cutscenes aren't as compressed
Sorry, I'm not a techie but does the 360 (or 360 games) not have v-sync at all? Everytime I hear v-sync in regards to consoles, it's always the PS3 that's mentioned.

Sakujou

Banned
The DLC stuff is free in the US????

can i just download it or do i need a code or something?

And for the limited edition in europe, does it come with the dlc?

all i know is just the figure of raiden which is in the big box...

Oh man, damn. Turns out I selected two day shipping from Amazon so it won't be here until Thursday

HOW COULD I MAKE SUCH AN OVERSIGHT I AM LOWLY CYBORG NINJA DOG

jett

D-Member
The cutscenes of MGR have such good image quality on the PS3 I don't care they aren't real-time, to be honest.

jett

D-Member
Wait, wait, wait... there are typical MGS girl posters that you slice up to show their bikinis?

OH MY GOD!

Yeah, and it's funny because the tape over them is arranged in a way that makes them seem naked underneath it. :p

Top Bottom