• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
My review should be up tomorrow when the embargo lifts. It'll be a bit on the short and to the point side but that's the way we do them at COTV. I'll answer questions though here.

We'll also have some fresh footage that I captured last night. :p

jett

D-Member
Doesn't affect them. Just finished rev mode with wig b.

Now I have to go through the game on the lesser difficulties to unlock the weapons and suits. You can just stay in
ripper mode
if you don't care about grades on your current play through and just want to get through it asap.

jett, how are you dealing with
Monsoon
? I'm trying to cut down the time, but it took me nearly 20 mins on revengeance lolol.

I'm not playing on revengeance yet. To be honest it took me like 10 minutes to beat that boss on normal, I can't say I have figured a sure-fire way to do it yet. :p

Do we have a list of all the unlockables and how you unlock them yet? Surely one of you have the guide and can write that out for everybody

RS4-

Do we have a list of all the unlockables and how you unlock them yet? Surely one of you have the guide and can write that out for everybody

I'll type them up in a bit.

I'm not playing on revengeance yet. To be honest it took me like 10 minutes to beat that boss on normal, I can't say I have figured a sure-fire way to do it yet. :p

Even on normal I don't know where the "right" place is when it comes to getting a perfect parry. It feels like I just have to randomly get lucky when I get the kanji notification thing lol.

edit - Oh yeah, collecting any missing stuff is just a pain in the ass since you have to start from the beginning of the chapter. You can't just g to checkpoint 5 or whatever.

chrono01

Crap. Is normal the lowest to unlock something on, or will I need to play easy also?

I can't speak for sure, since I'm trying to avoid spoilers of any kind [well, as much as I can, anyway]. I know Bayonetta had the Eternal Marionette as an unlockable once completing Easy [that you could purchase/use in higher difficulties, although I never did], so I'm guessing Easy here offers something as well.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can clarify for certain?

Ferr986

I wonder if those (Platinum Mix) and (Maniac Agenda Mix) that shows in the Vocal track's OST tracklist means that there will be other mixes (maybe from the artists themselves) or is just because it looks cooler that way.

Did someone at P* said something about it?

zroid

Banned
yesssssss

geqSoZd.png

chrono01

So apparently my Limited Edition was supposed to be delivered today via Purolator, but now it won't [since it's Family Day].

I guess I'll have to wait until Tuesday, but even still...

T01qcJX.png

x86

Neo Member
I wonder if those (Platinum Mix) and (Maniac Agenda Mix) that shows in the Vocal track's OST tracklist means that there will be other mixes (maybe from the artists themselves) or is just because it looks cooler that way.

Did someone at P* said something about it?

I hope they'll release a CD with the full versions in addition to those ~2min remixes on the Vocal Tracks-CD. Even though the MGR OST in the limited edition is supposed to have "no overlap [in content]", maybe there'll be some longer versions there -- even if they're only instrumentals.

I'll type them up in a bit.

Even on normal I don't know where the "right" place is when it comes to getting a perfect parry. It feels like I just have to randomly get lucky when I get the kanji notification thing lol.

edit - Oh yeah, collecting any missing stuff is just a pain in the ass since you have to start from the beginning of the chapter. You can't just g to checkpoint 5 or whatever.

Saw the ustream guy use EMP grenades on him to stun and then zandatsu his face, is that what you mean?

Was checking Uniqlo to buy something and realize the shirts they had for MGR. Seems like you guys have already been talking about it but for people who might be having trouble you here are direct links Haven't been to the store in a while so It's tempting to get online.
This one is awesome. in stock too!
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/life...graphic-short-sleeve-t-shirt/076110001-14-004
So is this
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/goods/076110002?gareco=r_l4
The Bottom of the links has some more shirts.

Browsing through the topic, I saw a few people complain about the usages of cheat wigs and how they don't affect your scoring or trophies.

So what?

How about not using them?

"B-b-but other people will!"

Stop caring about others. This isn't an online game.

Ferr986

I hope they'll release a CD with the full versions in addition to those ~2min remixes on the Vocal Tracks-CD. Even though the MGR OST in the limited edition is supposed to have "no overlap [in content]", maybe there'll be some longer versions there -- even if they're only instrumentals.

Wasnt the LE CD just the instrumental songs that are in the Vocal track CD? Or is another thing?

s-bojan

Banned
jett, how are you dealing with
Monsoon
? I'm trying to cut down the time, but it took me nearly 20 mins on revengeance lolol.

Use Pincer Blades. Charged attacks deal a lot of damage and can even stun him.
Charged Sai or EM Grenade can disable Purple Aura.

Naar

I'm really loving this game and almost done with my 2nd playthrough on hard.

Either I got better at the game or my upgrades are helping me out because I am just breezing through hard and getting a few S rank on some missions.

I keep unlocking more stuff. This game is so much fun :D

I can see myself playing again after my 2nd playthrough (want to try Revengence)

Thank you Platinum for this amazing and awesome game!

Just wish I could parry while I am in mid attack!

Carbonox

It would be awesome if they threw in Solidus as a secret boss and if you beat him you get his dual samurai swords.

Seems like such an easy idea for a secret boss given P*'s generosity in Bayonetta. Plus Solidus's battle style would be quite suitable if revived for Rising.

jett

D-Member
Has anyone given the VR missions a spin yet? The "Gold on all" trophy is gonna be as hard as the Revengeance S Rank one!!!

Some of those missions are just annoying as fuck. The one where you have to kill with only grenades? Ugh. Or this other one that's like a 10-minute long battle but you die in three-four hits.

Wasnt the LE CD just the instrumental songs that are in the Vocal track CD? Or is another thing?

The OST is the instrumental tracks, the Vocal Tracks CD is the vocal tracks and their instrumental versions. The note about no overlap would lead me to believe that not even the Vocal Track's instrumental versions are in the LE OST.

Mupod

Oh man I didn't realize future shop sent it out on Friday. Got it today, just started on hard and man that was the most awesome 'tutorial' ever. Glad I tried so hard to avoid all the trailers and such.

time to LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND

x86

Neo Member

Assuming the statement I linked to on Platinum's blog is accurate it shouldn't be exactly the same at least. "No overlap" could mean a lot of things though, especially with the different mixes they seem to be doing. I'd be interested in seeing a tracklist once someone receives theirs.

winstano

Some of those missions are just annoying as fuck. The one where you have to kill with only grenades? Ugh. Or this other one that's like a 10-minute long battle but you die in three-four hits.

That second one you're on about is just unfair. Gekko & 5 Dwarf gekkos, all of which kill you in one?! Then the gorilla things are next... Just... Goddamn.

wingz

What strategies are you guys using to fight enemies that keep on jumping around without a lock-on. I'm currently fighting
the cyber dog in the 2nd level
and getting my ass kicked on hard.

RS4-

I've only tried one VR so far. Managed to get all the hands and storage cards....which did not unlock a weapon when it was supposed to.

I'll post the unlocks in a few hours.

So right now I only have the wood sword and the
Sam sword

jett

D-Member
I've only tried one VR so far. Managed to get all the hands and storage cards....which did not unlock a weapon when it was supposed to.

I'll post the unlocks in a few hours.

So right now I only have the wood sword and the
Sam sword

How did you get the wood sword?

RS4-

How did you get the wood sword?

Pretty sure it involved finding the 5
men in the box
. If you're missing any, make sure to finish the chapter or else it doesn't count as being found or have the achievement unlocked.

Not sure if that's why I don't have the data/hand unlocks even though it's listed in my collection.

wingz

Parry. Parry that thing.

Yeah, I think I just gotta get better at parrying. I'm able to parry some of the attacks, but then, but you have to be pointing in the right direction with the joy stick, which is catching me off guard because the camera can't keep up with the battle.

Mechazawa

Browsing through the topic, I saw a few people complain about the usages of cheat wigs and how they don't affect your scoring or trophies.

So what?

How about not using them?

"B-b-but other people will!"

Stop caring about others. This isn't an online game.

This is an action game with score attack elements. Caring about others is the entire point.

Top Bottom