• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

x86

Neo Member
Yeah, I think I just gotta get better at parrying. I'm able to parry some of the attacks, but then, but you have to be pointing in the right direction with the joy stick, which is catching me off guard because the camera can't keep up with the battle.

You're aware there's a lock on you can use? Check the controls, R2 on PS3. I'm asking because I for one didn't realise until exactly that fight where he's jumping all over the place.

zroid

Banned
This thread is making me crazy. Approx 20 more hours till my mail arrives tomorrow, presumably with the game in tow.

Dahbomb

Any swag videos of the full game yet?
Unlikely this game is going to have indepth swag video. It's all about skill videos. Stuff like parrying all enemies in an area on Revengeance of clearing areas with that wooden sword without getting hit.

Carbonox

The vocal soundtrack is out tomorrow right? That'll tide me over I guess until Friday, unless GAME wanna be generous and appreciative of the fact that I ordered from them this one time that they deliver a day or two early? :(

wha

edit: found it online, delayed until the 26th
not delayed in NZ though woo!!!

Yeah, I assumed it would be delayed here too. I just checked on Mighty Ape it says "Shipping Tomorrow" so they must have copies. Strange

I'm going to pick it up on Friday at JB Hi-Fi.

ilMikhail

damn it , first boss was amazing , can wait to try the second mission

platinum games is the best thing that could happened this generation

<3

chrono01

*chrono01 checks his tracking information for the hundredth time...*

MrEncfU.jpg

Dwayne

Yeah, I assumed it would be delayed here too. I just checked on Mighty Ape it says "Shipping Tomorrow" so they must have copies. Strange

I'm going to pick it up on Friday at JB Hi-Fi.

Make sure you've preordered, our JB Hi-Fi has preordered half it's allocation and are expecting to sell out.

L.O.R.D

just finished the game

awesome game platinum , thank you

the final boss was pain in the #!$
killed me dozen of time, and this is only on normal
tried the game on Revengeance difficulty , died in the first wave

this is my time
m5zn_6025907111e750a.jpg

i replayed all the levels to get more points to buy more skills and upgrades
most of the i run and ignore some enmies ( in the second run )

and the time that i spent in the game ( cut scene not included )
m5zn_ef778e8a55bdfd6.jpg

the camera need some impairment
but its ok

there is some jokes in the game, i think it was intended

the sound track are super AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t0y86-Spig&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb8DfFimUJs&feature=player_embedded

didn't play in any VR mission yet
i need a guild to find all the laptops in the game
and how to fully upgrade my health to 200%

i am very happy with this game
i wish i bought the LE edition

The difference between the versions sales will be pretty polarizing. A local store has 57 PS3 preorders and 11 360 preorders. Looking at other locations within the district, PS3 numbers are 3:1.

Dahbomb

The difference between the versions sales will be pretty polarizing. A local store has 57 PS3 preorders and 11 360 preorders. Looking at other locations within the district, PS3 numbers are 3:1.
I see the PS3 version outselling the 360 version. I mean Metal Gear has always been more of a PS franchise. Even for DmC, the PS3 version did better than the 360 version despite being the slightly inferior version.

Can anyone confirm whether or not unlocks are stacked? If they're not then what order difficulty do you recommend playing through if you're going for 100% completion.

zroid

Banned
Even disregarding its Metal Gear roots, this is the kind of eccentric Japanese action game you would expect to have a greater audience on PS3.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I see the PS3 version outselling the 360 version. I mean Metal Gear has always been more of a PS franchise. Even for DmC, the PS3 version did better than the 360 version despite being the slightly inferior version.

The exclusive DLC doesn't help.

RS4-

Here's the unlocks

Weapons
HF Muramasa Blade - Complete the game on any difficulty
Stun Blade - Collect all Data Storage items (20 I believe)
Armor Breaker - Collect all ID Chips (Left hands, 30 pieces)
HF Long Sword - Finish all VR Missions with 1st rank
HF Wooden Sword - Find the 5 men in boxes
HF Machete - Collect 10 Data Storage Items
Pole Arm - Complete R01
Sai - Complete R03
Pincer - Complete R04

I still don't know why I haven't unlocked both the
stun blade and machete.

Suits
Mariachi - Complete R02
Custom Desperado - Complete R04
Suit - Complete R00 on Very Hard
Standard (your R00 suit) - Finish game on Very Hard/Rev
Custom Red - Complete 30% of VR Missions
Custom Blue - Complete 50% of VR
Custom Yellow - Complete all VR
Original & Gray Fox - DLC/Preorder

Wigs
Wig A - Infinite sub weapon ammo - Finish on normal or higher + 10 ID Chips
Wig B - Infinite FC - Normal or higher + 20 ID chips
Blade Mode - Hard or higher + 30 ID chips
<- I'm missing this unlock as well

So I'm going to try beating the last chapter on Revengeance to see if it unlocks the stuff...unless the guide is wrong.

edit - I haven't got the achievements for them either, but the guide mentions that you do not get them immediately, but only when you finish a file. Which I assume means the game.

Here's the unlocks

Weapons
HF Muramasa Blade - Complete the game on any difficulty
Stun Blade - Collect all Data Storage items (20 I believe)
Armor Breaker - Collect all ID Chips (Left hands, 30 pieces)
HF Long Sword - Finish all VR Missions with 1st rank
HF Wooden Sword - Find the 5 men in boxes
HF Machete - Collect 10 Data Storage Items
Pole Arm - Complete R01
Sai - Complete R03
Pincer - Complete R04

I still don't know why I haven't unlocked both the
stun blade and machete.

Suits
Mariachi - Complete R02
Custom Desperado - Complete R04
Suit - Complete R00 on Very Hard
Standard (your R00 suit) - Finish game on Very Hard/Rev
Custom Red - Complete 30% of VR Missions
Custom Blue - Complete 50% of VR
Custom Yellow - Complete all VR
Original & Gray Fox - DLC/Preorder

Wigs
Wig A - Infinite sub weapon ammo - Finish on normal or higher + 10 ID Chips
Wig B - Infinite FC - Normal or higher + 20 ID chips
Blade Mode - Hard or higher + 30 ID chips
<- I'm missing this unlock as well

So I'm going to try beating the last chapter on Revengeance to see if it unlocks the stuff...unless the guide is wrong.
So is there a proper order to play through the difficulties if you're going for 100%?

RS4-

So is there a proper order to play through the difficulties if you're going for 100%?

If you know where everything is, you could just do all the collection stuff on easy. Then do the difficulty specific achievements (no damage, S-Rank, etc).

If you really want to do it one time, you could just start on Revengeance but I don't think it's possible without going through the game and having the upgrades.

edit - oh shit sorry, some achievements require you to kill xx amount of enemies. You don't really have to play through the game again, but certain chapters that have these specific enemies. If you kill 90 soldiers in your first play through, just replay a chapter and get the rest, etc.

Shouldn't be too bad. Codec one is time consuming.

If you use the New Game option (instead of continue or story -> chapter) it'll erase all your progress, BP and unlocks. You only keep your VR progress and stuff you've already collected (titles, hands, data storage).

chrono01

So they do stack after all? Good to know.

While I didn't mind it in Bayonetta, at least this means I can start on Hard and never have to go back and play Easy/Normal for unlocks.

Ken

Before I go out and get my copy, should I start on hard or normal? Never played the demo so this will be the first time I touch the game.

I've beaten stuff like DmC and Vanquish on normal difficulty for background.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Before I go out and get my copy, should I start on hard or normal? Never played the demo so this will be the first time I touch the game.

I've beaten stuff like DmC and Vanquish on normal difficulty for background.

I guess it depends on how difficult you thought those games were on Normal.

Did you not do release day shipping?

I chose two-day shipping to save a bit of cash at first, but then decided I wanted release day delivery, but then I guess I forgot to actually change it and then it went into shipping soon status. No big deal, it's just another day.

Any advice for the sundowner fight?

Guy is fucking invincible.

Wait for him to make the first move, parry, and then counterattack. Rushing straight in will get you diced faster than an artichoke.

Use the dodge move to avoid his scissor and column swing attacks, as well. Those two are particularly devestating if they hit.

Top Bottom