• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

zroid

Banned
Yes it's day 1 digital. It was in yesterday's "The Drop" Blog post.

edit: hmm maybe not, I thought that only mentioned digital releases, but supposedly it's retail too.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'll try to get up a stream of some very hard mode@ midnight. Twitch should be ok with me streaming it then.

RS4-

RS4-,
can you give us the locations of the boxed men in spoiler tags?

Sure thing, I'll just list the chapters and how to reach them.

MIB 01 - Chapter 01.
How to:
Before the exit, in the area with all the laser alarms and gun cameras. There's a bunch of shipping containers below the exit, jump down between the gap, you'll find MIB in one of the containers.

MIB 02 - Chapter 02.
How to:
You'll reach a squarish area where you're supposed to find a hidden door. He's in the middle room before said hidden door.

MIB 03 - Chapter 03
How to:
As you leave the office and reach a hallway, to the left is a short dead end; to the right is a bunch of windows and elevator. Go to the left.

MIB 04 - Chapter 04
How to:
After the flaming elevator lift section, you'll see the box through the windows, next to shipping containers. Climb the containers, then run -> slide through the gap to reach the other side of the glass, to the box.

MIB 05 - Chapter 07
How to:
After you go through the hanger, there will be some shipping containers at the north end before the exit, between them should be the final box.

Hopefully that helps!

What is meant by "complete RO#"?

Just their way of calling it chapers I guess.

Here's my end game for Rev.

ibsQ9O5sugxh0k.jpg

Gbraga

Unlikely this game is going to have indepth swag video. It's all about skill videos. Stuff like parrying all enemies in an area on Revengeance of clearing areas with that wooden sword without getting hit.

I thought the BMC demo videos were pretty swag :C

NJBorn

Banned
just finished the game

awesome game platinum , thank you

the final boss was pain in the #!$
killed me dozen of time, and this is only on normal
tried the game on Revengeance difficulty , died in the first wave

this is my time
m5zn_6025907111e750a.jpg

i replayed all the levels to get more points to buy more skills and upgrades
most of the i run and ignore some enmies ( in the second run )

and the time that i spent in the game ( cut scene not included )
m5zn_ef778e8a55bdfd6.jpg

the camera need some impairment
but its ok

there is some jokes in the game, i think it was intended

the sound track are super AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t0y86-Spig&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb8DfFimUJs&feature=player_embedded

didn't play in any VR mission yet
i need a guild to find all the laptops in the game
and how to fully upgrade my health to 200%

i am very happy with this game
i wish i bought the LE edition
play time says 4 hrs only?

ElFly

Wait for him to make the first move, parry, and then counterattack. Rushing straight in will get you diced faster than an artichoke.

Use the dodge move to avoid his scissor and column swing attacks, as well. Those two are particularly devestating if they hit.

Dodge move helped a lot, kthx.

L.O.R.D

Damn, is this new or was it always there?

play time says 4 hrs only?

its because i replied the old chapters again to finish it faster
and then they put the "less" time in the counter
for example
if i finish chapter 4 in 3 hours
then play it again and finish it in 1 hour
they will put the "1 hour" in the counter for all level in one difficultly
the counter will rest if you chose another difficultly

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm still trying to get parrying down. It's stupid there's no block button like Ninja Gaiden. The dog bot boss jumping around after letting you know it's going to attack is kinda annoying. Think it's going to rush you, get into a parry stance, it jumps. Raiden stays in parry stance until just as the bot is about to hit him.

zainetor

Banned
i think they were going with a more realistic approach combatwise. Blocking like in ninja gaiden, wont do shit in a ''real'' combat.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The parry makes sense in the fact that it pretty much keeps you aggressive. There is no manual block because the only defense itself is still offensive based(even the 'dodge' is like this).

Kill or be killed, son!

JoeFenix

The parry makes sense in the fact that it pretty much keeps you aggressive. There is no manual block because the only defense itself is still offensive based(even the 'dodge' is like this).

Kill or be killed, son!

The way you parry is great, you are pushing the stick in a direction and pressing the sword button.

Makes alot of sense!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That doesn't excuse the fact that I can see the enemy wanting to attack/attack command comes up, I issue the parry command only for Raiden to not do it since I don't push in that person's direction (since I'm thinking parry is forward plus square instead of "direction of attack + square") or Raiden does it and eats an attack because they jump around after the warning. Ugh.

Having the block button Ninja Gaiden has would prevent the wonky parry since NG also have a counter system similar to MGRaiden's, but unlike MGR's it doesn't make you eat an attack since if you fuck up you don't lose anything besides a counter attack chance (unless they guard-break you)

JoeFenix

That doesn't excuse the fact that I can see the enemy wanting to attack/attack command comes up, I issue the parry command only for Raiden to not do it since I don't push in that person's direction (since I'm thinking parry is forward plus square instead of "direction of attack + square") or Raiden does it and eats an attack because they jump around after the warning. Ugh.

Having the block button Ninja Gaiden has would prevent the wonky parry since NG also have a counter system similar to MGRaiden's, but unlike MGR's it doesn't make you eat an attack since if you fuck up you don't lose anything besides a counter attack chance (unless they guard-break you)

Blocking would have been boring though, you just have to get used to it.

It's very consistent once you get it down.

I'm still trying to get parrying down. It's stupid there's no block button like Ninja Gaiden. The dog bot boss jumping around after letting you know it's going to attack is kinda annoying. Think it's going to rush you, get into a parry stance, it jumps. Raiden stays in parry stance until just as the bot is about to hit him.

The tail curls when he's going to zig zag for the chainsaw grab, and it's probably one of the easiest things to parry, atleast in the demo. You just have to get accustomed to moves having parry windows that are not directly related to their hitboxes, and it's safer to parry early than late, plus a perfect parry counter timing is never the instant the attack is supposed to hit you (for good reason I think). The chainsaw grab is much shorter range than all his other attacks, so it's fairly obvious which hop is going to be "the one". As long as you parry as soon as he leaps off the ground up til the high point of his arc you'll definitely be safe.

I'm glad they didn't design this game around a block button, though I suppose a case could be made for a dedicated dodge button.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

There's nothing wrong with the directional inputs. And if you're doing a parry too early, then you should take the hit and learn from it. It's a unique and unorthodox approach to blocking. It maintains offensive momentum, and I like that.

ari

Banned
the camera needs serious work and the combat is frustrating at times but it's fun and is way more interesting then what MGS4 turned out.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Got my copy. The free art book thing is pretty cool too.

So jealous.

*cough*. Hmm. I feel a fever coming on. I might just have to take the next day off. Maybe two. Sure hope it isn't contagious.

Got my copy. The free art book thing is pretty cool too.

The GameStop I reserved my regular game at is saying that only limited editions are getting the artbook now, which is utter bullshit. Ah well. It'll be in the Japanese Premium Package too so I'm just missing out on an extra. Still...

Ken

The GameStop I reserved my regular game at is saying that only limited editions are getting the artbook now, which is utter bullshit. Ah well. It'll be in the Japanese Premium Package too so I'm just missing out on an extra. Still...

D:

I saw only 4-5 lamp editions but they had way more art books than that.

TreIII

Unlikely this game is going to have indepth swag video. It's all about skill videos. Stuff like parrying all enemies in an area on Revengeance of clearing areas with that wooden sword without getting hit.

And honestly, I have no problem with that. This game has been reminding me more of Rockman Zero in that respect, which is all the more reason why I have been eager to dig in...

Alas, I must wait a few more days for my JP LE...

jett

D-Member
So what does the day one patch do?

I don't know what it did. I'll say something though. I've seen in videos that it's possible to ninja kill the big gorilla-type enemies from behind, but I can't do in my game. The circle button never appears, I can only stealth kill them from above. Maybe another patch is coming, I dunno.

ElFly

I don't know what it did. I'll say something though. I've seen in videos that it's possible to ninja kill the big gorilla-type enemies from behind, but I can't do in my game. The circle button never appears, I can only stealth kill them from above. Maybe another patch is coming, I dunno.

Haven't done that either, but then again, stealth is hard in this game cause Raiden starts running unless you are barely touching the stick.

So from those that finished this game, do we know if this is this better than DmC?
Looking for answer from someone who actually enjoyed DmC and not a sad little girl who thinks Capcom wronged them.

Top Bottom