• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Nemesis_

Thanks mate, glad each person gets their own profile even if it'll make me feel an awful person for killing them.

One more question, is it true that the wooden sword is only in the Japanese release? Believe I read that in passing a few days ago and it seems odd.

As far as I can see, nothing at the moment. I've only finished it once and it was a very brisk finish (as I had to review it).

I am fairly certain it isn't.

EDIT Oh I thought you were talking about the
Solid Snake
sword.

Seik

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/manvsgame/new

this dude streaming the game. hes pretty entertaining.

izZJynW.jpg

I expect to do the same face after a boss fight like this. :p

Seems reviews scores are over 8 - unsurprising.
This, DmC, Ninja Gaiden RE, GoW A, Bayonetta 2 (maybe we'll see a port) - year of the hack and slash confirmed?

Carbonox

Seems reviews scores are over 8 - unsurprising.
This, DmC, Ninja Gaiden RE, GoW A, Bayonetta 2 (maybe we'll see a port) - year of the hack and slash confirmed?

Seems like a great year indeed for the genre. Bit front-loaded for my liking (I'll have played DmC, Rising and GOW in a row which might be overkill after all is said and done) but it's my favourite genre so win-win.

Might even be tempted to check out Razor's Edge if the changes really improve on the horrendous-in-every-way NG3.

Don't think these have been posted. There are five secret achievements/trophies, one each for (boss spoilers)
beating Mistral, Monsoon, Sundowner, Sam, and Armstrong on Hard difficulty without taking damage.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Started up the Playthru on the youtube.com/yovideogames channel. If anyone is looking for gameplay with commentary from Platinum Games fans, this is probably for you.

Metal Gear Rising: Part 1 - YoVideogames
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMc7zGZZuA

Yo, you committing to a full playthrough I take it? Or let me rephrase it, will there be a long wait between episodes or will the entire run of the game be up within a short span of time?

Nemesis_

Do you guys really call these games Hack N Slash? I think it's a bit diminishing to call them that.

Dynasty Warriors is Hack N Slash. Devil May Cry / Rising / Bayo / Ninja Gaiden are.....action?

Great review, too bad the bag of tricks stops halfway. This isn't directed at you but just generally at every critic of any medium:
Additionally, what is told through pre-rendered cut scenes is a bit schizophrenic in its narrative pacing, never really settling on one idea and introducing new ones haphazardly.

Stop saying "schizophrenic", just stop. That's not what you think it means. Just say bipolar, that's even less letters. It just leads to more confusion and misinformation over an actual disorder, where a lot of people think it's to do with multiple personalities. Schizophrenia is about delusions and hallucinations, not contradictory moods or messages.

I cringe every time I see someone use that word inappropriately.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Stop saying "schizophrenic", just stop. That's not what you think it means. Just say bipolar, that's even less letters. It just leads to more confusion and misinformation over an actual disorder, where a lot of people think it's to do with multiple personalities. Schizophrenia is about delusions and hallucinations, not contradictory moods or messages.

I cringe every time I see someone use that word inappropriately.

You're right. And for that reason, I'm changing it to bipolar. Thanks.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Looks like Platinum need to nix their special counter because game journalists have no concept of time. "Game says I just spent 4 hours sitting here...so...I GUESS THAT MUST BE IT!" Way too much negative spin in several reviews because they can't tell time and how far Mickey's hands have moved since they first sat down with the game.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Yo, you committing to a full playthrough I take it? Or let me rephrase it, will there be a long wait between episodes or will the entire run of the game be up within a short span of time?

Two parts a day or so. Flying through the game on very hard. Well, not flying. Actually it's tough as shit, and a lot of fun.

Naar

Just beat it again, but this time on hard. I actually beat it quicker by about 1 hour from my normal playthrough and even had a few S rank missions more than on normal.

But I had a question before I try Revengence:

Is it possible to parry mid combo? I tried to many times but I can't :\ Most of the time when I get hit it's because I am in the middle of combo and can't block

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Totally forgot that today is the official release for the US, or else I would have been looking for streams hours ago - now I just saw the links when I gotta leave in a bit.

Haha! that's awesome! ^_^

My copy arrived this morning (Gray Fox DLC voucher was in btw), can't wait to Revengeance tonight.

In as in inside the game case or separate?

Or are you not from the EU?

Feindflug

Totally forgot that today is the official release for the US, or else I would have been looking for streams hours ago - now I just saw the links when I gotta leave in a bit.

In as in inside the game case or separate?

Or are you not from the EU?

Standard PAL version here and yeah it's inside the case-behind the very nice full color manual actually. :)

IGN says 5 hours. Definitely not a day 1. Going back to bed.

It's anywhere from 5-6 hours sans cut-scenes and not including continues, also taking your best times if you choose to replay missions. I've seen numbers as high as 9 hours for total playtime on a single difficulty.

Having said that, if you get this game to play it once, you're doing it wrong.

Zomba13

Do you guys really call these games Hack N Slash? I think it's a bit diminishing to call them that.

Dynasty Warriors is Hack N Slash. Devil May Cry / Rising / Bayo / Ninja Gaiden are.....action?

Dynasty Warrios = Hack N Slash
Anarcy Reigns = Beat 'em up
DMC, Rising etc = Character Action

That's how I define them.

Top Bottom