• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Alec

Pretty bummd this isn't Day 1 Digital on PSN. I really want to play it but I don't want a physical copy. :(

RS4-

iuWxYGvWm7SNA.jpg

Here's a comparison size of the LE box.

I haven't taken out the lamp yet because BB sent me the ps3 one instead of 360.

Salaadin

I haven't had a chance to open yet because I'm at work but the LE box is nice. Anyone open the lamp yet? I'm really hoping for a good quality lamp and not some cheapo pos.

I haven't had a chance to open yet because I'm at work but the LE box is nice. Anyone open the lamp yet? I'm really hoping for a good quality lamp and not some cheapo pos.

I don't have mine yet, but I have heard that it is really nice and made well. I can't wait to get mine tonight.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man (as in, Man Vs Game http://www.twitch.tv/manvsgame) is still playing after I've been gone for the past 4 hours, and right now a boss has been kicking his ass for a while till he just beat it. Gonna try to find a stream where someone just started, since I just want to watch the first level and not spoil anything else new.

Standard PAL version here and yeah it's inside the case-behind the very nice full color manual actually. :)

Excellent.

It wasn't mentioned anywhere that it was limited for EU, right? Definitely getting the game, just not right away since I got a huge backlog as is, plus I want to get Gears Judgment and Bioshock Infinite.

unf, i'd kill for a gray fox skin, but scrafty probably deserves it more than me

a classic "I suck at this game, 3/10" review

I think that site is banned, judging by the "censoring" of your link.

I believe I know which review you are talking about, which is a reminder of why they are banned.

zroid

Banned
I come bearing photographical gifts of visual delight

jC3fiXTl351c4.jpg

jhDuP0WYIKY8B.jpg

jbgFsQumvg7bAL.jpg

the lamp is so stupid, please don't spend $150 on this thing :<

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

I was so glad that the store I picked my copy up at on Friday didn't get any of these. I want one, but not for $150. I figure I'll see it at a Best Buy or Gamestop in a year for $30 and pick it up then.

Esura

Banned
RE Solidus:
Raiden's past and George Sears are mentioned. Not sure why Flynn was recording with Cygan, as there were no Soldus voice samples, old or new. DLC maybe?

That would be sick if he was DLC. I would so buy that.

Any LE over $100 bucks will never get bought from me.

zroid

Banned
I was so glad that the store I picked my copy up at on Friday didn't get any of these. I want one, but not for $150. I figure I'll see it at a Best Buy or Gamestop in a year for $30 and pick it up then.

I only have it because a clerical error upgraded my pre-order to the LE for free, lol

you may find the same to be true for several Canucks in the coming days...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Only three more hours of work. Can't wait.

One of my friends who has never played a character action game or anything from Platinum before grabbed it at midnight last night at Walmart. He's been completely blown away so far. My biggest hope for this game is that it turns people onto the genre and Platinum. Being a Metal Gear game I think it has a good possibility of doing that.

The final trailer "cut" by Hideo Kojima: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8mjKZxccM

Is that the music from "Dredd", specifically from the slow motion scenes, at 2:36? EDIT: Wait, never mind, I don't think it is.

I definitely think the trailer is way too long though and it seems like it spoils quite a bit (I've no played the game yet though, so maybe I'm wrong). Seems like it would be better to excercise caution before watching it if you've any interest in the story (personally, I don't care but others might).

Dahbomb

On my lunch break right now. Friend said he is balls deep into the game and is loving it. By the time he beats it on Normal, I will be there to play on Hard. :)

I like the lamp :(

I'm so excited. This is the first Metal Gear game that I've been able to almost completely black out on.

I've only seen the Spike VGA re-introduction trailer and the extended VGA trailer shown a couple months later.

...okay, I accidentally saw the Matrix Burly Brawl staff GIF, but that's it!

I have no clue about the bosses, no clue about the environments, and no clue about the (apparently crazy) story.

I'm pumped! This work day is going so slow...

It's okay. The base feels like cheap plastic, but the rest is glass. Maybe for like 30 or 40 bucks, tops...

It's pretty dim so don't expect it to actually illuminate anything.

Well, even though the game will of course drop in price:

MGR game - $60
Lamp - $40
Steelbook - $20 (that seems to be a realistic price)
Soundtrack - $10

Total - $130.

Not too far off.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Ahh just be careful, DLC is locked to the region of the actual disc. If you have a European copy of the game, NA Grey Fox DLC won't work on it.

I'm in Canada so hopefully it's fine across NA.

Edit: Contest over!

/!\Impromptu Grey Fox DLC Skin + Sword Contest/!\

I'm a librarian so I'm going to make you do an extremely small amount of searching + I always joke about a Platinum developed Gantz title on gaf so I'm incorporating that somehow. So:

Part 1: In the Manga Gantz, there's a character with a nickname that (in English translations) is based on a fruit.

Part 2: Raiden / Jack was born in a particular African country.

Final: Go to the Wikipedia entry for the fruit that is the answer to part 1. Take the first letter of the African country that Jack was born in. According to that fruit Wiki entry, how many metric tons, in thousands, does the only nation which begins with the same letter as the country in which Jack was born in produce? There's only one country listed that begins with the same letter in the table used to show production so you won't have to search too much.

STUPID RIGHT? I GAVE AWAY DLC IN THE PAST BEFORE JUST HIDDEN BEHIND QUOTE WALLS AND THAT IS BORING. FIRST TO PM ME THE ANSWER BECOMES GREY FOX but I'm going to work right now so I might not reply instantly.

Yep, I just noticed. I thought they had placed two tracks to run simultaneously at that moment (ten seconds from the 'Dredd' soundtrack, when it focused on Raiden in an area with increased 'bloom' [probably the wrong term], in addition to the music that had been playing throughout the trailer) and I'd watched it three times before posting (to ensure that I was hearing it correctly) but just after posting I realised it was the same track. Thanks for the link to the music used in the trailer though!

Mr.Fresh

Picked my copy up! I can't believe I finally got it! I been wanting this since I used Raidens sword in MGS2. One of my only dream games to ever happen!

zroid

Banned
Well, even though the game will of course drop in price:

MGR game - $60
Lamp - $40
Steelbook - $20 (that seems to be a realistic price)
Soundtrack - $10

Total - $130.

Not too far off.

Hah, well I definitely wouldn't value a steelbook at more than what you might get as a free pre-order bonus. But if you're into everything contained in the package, it might not be a terrible deal.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Nemesis_ won the code at 1:03!

Roubjon at 1:04 and Shadow2222 at 1:05 were runners up. Answer was Lebanon @ 34.7

RIP Cherry Boy!!!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just popped this beauty in and have only played 15 minutes (beat first chapter with an A rank on Normal). Enjoying it very much thus far.

DAT HIGH OCTANE ACTION

Top Bottom