• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Riposte

Dynasty Warrios = Hack N Slash
Anarcy Reigns = Beat 'em up
DMC, Rising etc = Character Action

That's how I define them.

What is the difference between a "Beat 'em up" (e.g. Anarchy Reigns) and "Character action" (e.g. Metal Gear Rising)?

tumblr_lxprn1h0Nh1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Hahaha I should have known. Enjoy the game, I'll read your impressions later today.

Carbonox

That's fantastic, the blades look so good.

So KojimaPro gifted them? If so then such an epic gesture of friendship. I truly hope isn't the last time we see Rising.

I doubt it is the last time we see it unless it bombs horribly. I think Kojima said the intention was to make a sequel at some point IIRC.

Volcynika

Well Amazon delayed my LE guide, won't be here till Thurs/Fri (in shipping soon status now). Blarg. Oh well, at least I get the game today!

demidar

I doubt it is the last time we see it unless it bombs horribly. I think Kojima said the intention was to make a sequel at some point IIRC.

Can you imagine a sequel built from the ground up rather than being appropriated and repurposed from a failed build and not bogged down by development hell? Shit would be amazing.

So is there any kind of Bloody Palace esque enemy-wave game type in this? I know there are VR missions but I wasn't clear as to what they consisted of. Replayability is great, but sometimes I just want to jump right into the enemies.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well Amazon delayed my LE guide, won't be here till Thurs/Fri (in shipping soon status now). Blarg. Oh well, at least I get the game today!

Mine still hasn't even gotten to that point.

Oh well. I can wait.(it's on free shipping anyways)

Gonna pick up my copy on the way back from the gym

Carbonox

Can you imagine a sequel built from the ground up rather than being appropriated and repurposed from a failed build and not bogged down by development hell? Shit would be amazing.

Would be something special I'm sure, especially if P* address the issues people have with this one.

With Bayonetta 2 being their first sequel though as P*, I'd like to see how they handle that as an indication of what they do with sequels. If they can even surpass the first game, I'll faint at the prospect of how they would top Rising.

Just completed File R-06

dat boss fight!! Now I want a Jetstream Sam spin-off :( or at least some VR Missions DLC. It's not the most imaginative boss fight but I love the mano-a-mano showdown, plus the atmosphere is great, although both of them are a heavily armoured cyborg, it still feels like a scene from a samurai drama. When Raiden put Samuel's sword back in its sheath after the fight, it sent a shiver down my spine, looked fantastic.

demidar

Would be something special I'm sure, especially if P* address the issues people have with this one.

With Bayonetta 2 being their first sequel though as P*, I'd like to see how they handle that as an indication of what they do with sequels. If they can even surpass the first game, I'll faint at the prospect of how they would top Rising.

Probably shouldn't count out W101, it has dodge offset. DODGE OFFSET. Why is that in that game?!?!

Pretty hyped for both W101 and B2.

Man, this is bogus. My pre-order code doesn't work.

I don't mean to have two posts so close together but...

Sometimes preorder codes don't work right away if the content isn't available. If you got it on PS3, it may not be available until the PS store updates tonight (even though it won't be available for purchase, assumably)

L.O.R.D

i am playing now in Revengeance difficulty
may i say: its impossible to not get hit
even i tiny little hit will get you an A
soo, i rather forget about that achievement
game is also punishment on that difficulty

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Gamestop employee told me the same about the code. Hopefully Grace Chen is quick with the update today.

;____;

jett

D-Member
S-ranked mission 2 on hard, got absolutely nothing as a reward, boo. I guess I shouldn't waste my efforts on any difficulty below Revengeance.

BTW I'm not sure if PG has thought their bosses through for consecutive playthroughs, Mistral is so stupid with
Ripper Mode.

RS4-

My guide has shipped thankfully.
Anyway is there a list yet of all the unlockables?

Here's the unlocks

Weapons
HF Muramasa Blade - Complete the game on any difficulty
Stun Blade - Collect all Data Storage items (20 I believe)
Armor Breaker - Collect all ID Chips (Left hands, 30 pieces)
HF Long Sword - Finish all VR Missions with 1st rank
HF Wooden Sword - Find the 5 men in boxes
HF Machete - Collect 10 Data Storage Items
Pole Arm - Complete R01
Sai - Complete R03
Pincer - Complete R04

Suits
Mariachi - Complete R02
Custom Desperado - Complete R04
Suit - Complete R00 on Very Hard
Standard (your R00 suit) - Finish game on Very Hard/Rev
Custom Red - Complete 30% of VR Missions
Custom Blue - Complete 50% of VR
Custom Yellow - Complete all VR
Original & Gray Fox - DLC/Preorder

Wigs
Wig A - Infinite sub weapon ammo - Finish on normal or higher + 10 ID Chips
Wig B - Infinite FC - Normal or higher + 20 ID chips
Blade Mode - Hard or higher + 30 ID chips

Some of the achievements and unlocks only showed up for me after I beat the game again, rather than the chapter.

Monsoon is still the worst boss.

Carbonox

There you go.

Thank you sir. Damn it, I don't want to buy a Wii as much as I am a P* fan. W101 and B2 are the ONLY games that interest me which alone aren't worth a shiny new console given I'm more interested in the next PS/Xbox. :(

Decisions, decisions...

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What the fuck with Gamestop telling me the mini artbooks weren't a bonus anymore. God damn it. That's a bit disappointing.

I don't mean to have two posts so close together but...

Sometimes preorder codes don't work right away if the content isn't available. If you got it on PS3, it may not be available until the PS store updates tonight (even though it won't be available for purchase, assumably)

Got it on 360, actually.

demidar

Thank you sir. Damn it, I don't want to buy a Wii as much as I am a P* fan. W101 and B2 are the ONLY games that interest me which alone aren't worth a shiny new console given I'm more interested in the next PS/Xbox. :(

Decisions, decisions...

Wii U seems likely to get a price cut if the situation doesn't improve, get it then then. I'll pick one up when those games drop.

Employee told me they didn't even get any shipped to them.

That's BS :( Sorry to hear that. Some GameStops are getting truckloads, while others are getting none.

I hope mine will have it (I can't pick it up until around 6 after I get off work).

Please let my DLC code work too, as I would have preordered tax-free on Amazon if I didn't care about those two bonuses.

Also the DLC code worked.

PS3 or 360?

I got an artbook but the cashier completely forgot about it until I mentioned it. Pretty sure the dude in front of me in line didn't get one. I asked about it and they pulled one out of a drawer and said if I hadn't reminded them they wouldn't have remembered to give me one

That's BS :( Sorry to hear that. Some GameStops are getting truckloads, while others are getting none.

I hope mine will have it (I can't pick it up until around 6 after I get off work).

Please let my DLC code work too, as I would have preordered tax-free on Amazon if I didn't care about those two bonuses.

PS3 or 360?
PS3

demidar

Havent looked at this game at all but im interested. Is it anything like Ninja Gaiden?

It's closer to Ninja Gaiden than DMC/Bayo in that stylishness gives way to being as efficient in murdering everyone as possible. Action type is surviving punishment over styling on enemies.

Top Bottom