• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Nemesis_

I made this image to show the disparity between the clocks - but I didn't die a lot (I play a lot of action games) so the difference isn't that great.

But yeah, this is how long my review playthrough on Hard mode took.

VCynvzs.jpg

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
OK, so the MGS4 Raiden skin is on the PS store for $1.99. When can we expect those 30 exclusive VR Missions to hit for us PS3 players?

If I'm not mistaken there is a backflip actually, but I don't remember how I did it (IF I did it), I'll play the demo and see if I can find the exact command for it.
I think that's only after you do the heavy air combo. Raiden slams his foot to the ground with his sword, then he backflips to recover from it.

Dave_6

Game is awesome, the Mistral fight was awesome and now I'm somewhat stuck. There is a GRAD blocking my path in a warehouse and I can't get the bastard to move without getting destroyed. WTH am I doing wrong?

Razlo

I keep dying on the 2nd section of the exploding bridge. :(

Edit: Just did it. I had to be on the left side of the bridge to beat it.

I hope my game arrives today. Would the recommendation for action game fans be to start on Hard instead of Normal?

The game is quite forgiving on Hard, or it can be a real asshole if you're looking to S-rank. You shouldn't get stuck but you might be frustrated if you're a perfectionist. There's health items up the wazoo, just don't forget to equip them (that's why I died so much in
the sewers

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How do you change costumes?
Gray Fox >>>>>> Raiden

Customize menu, but because Konami knows how you and I (rightfully) think, they've made it 20,000,000 BP to unlock it and the sword. ENJOY! *Kojimatrollface.jpg*

OK, so the MGS4 Raiden skin is on the PS store for $1.99. When can we expect those 30 exclusive VR Missions to hit for us PS3 players?

I just had the soul-crushing realization that I'm going to buy every bit of DLC this game offers me. As someone who's generally against DLC unless it's done GTA IV style, that makes me feel pretty bad.

So, is their any specifics on what changes in the harder difficulties aside from damage and life increase? I know some of the enemy placements gets changed up, but I heard people saying that enemies/bosses get new attacks, too?

Sallokin

I just finished R-03 and I'm pretty satisfied with the game so far. Really had a hard time getting the hang of the combat, but I feel like my second play through will be much better.

ultron87

Everything about this game is so dumb. Mostly good dumb, though.

Except for the constant "wiggle the left stick" prompts. Those are bad dumb.

Tain

Very Hard is no joke. Got my ass kicked a few times trying to learn the system. (They are throwing in enemies I think would normally be introduced later lol)

What is the best way to do the left stick QTE from enemies? This shit is fucking me up.

EDIT: I parry'd Sam. It gave me a short cutscene. Couldn't do it again though.

Yeah, V Hard is harder than I expected. I decided to play Hard and I'm pretty sure the enemy type pacing is the same as Normal. It's way easier than Very Hard but not mindless and noticeably harder than the demo. Maybe not unlike playing NGB on Normal for the first time?

Gbraga

You can cancel the regular block into a forward dodge and the forward dodge can be cancelled with blade mode, is that old? Just did it playing the demo.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Codec is really cool in this.

Doing it after anything happens on my first run to get it out of the way. You can skip lines with triangle since you can read faster than they talk.

explains alot. Like the reason everyone's blood is red now, why a modern missile lancher was thrown off by flares in the opening chapter why enemies drop health packs and if Raiden can harvest civilian cyborgs for energy. basically an answer to ever question possible that you'd never ask

What I like the most is that Raiden isn't written like an idiot for them. He actively participates in the information dump for the player and as a result doesn't come off as a simpleton like the snakes tend to in previous games.(correct me if im wrong though as I stopped using codec as much after 2 )

I'll probably stop as soon as I hear that trophy chime, but I'm not hating this as much as I expected I would when I first saw the pack.

jett

D-Member
Beat it again on hard. My total playtime on my save file is around 15 hours. Now I have to finish up very hard and revengeance. I have to say, I think the final boss will go down as one of the most entertaining characters in the series. It's so ridiculous you can help but laugh. If only the rest of the plot was as unabashedly retarded as the endgame I think I could've enjoyed it more. Platinum Games knows exactly what they were doing, no fucks were given. :lol

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Finished the game. Fucking loved it. I haven't played a game this good in a long, long time.

Gotta say, I found the game really tough for a while. I felt like having played a lot of Ninja Gaiden prior to this kinda worked against me, because ninja run is not the same as blocking... you try and play this game like NG, and you will get stomped. But I liked that -- this didn't feel like Bayonetta with a Metal Gear skin or something like that -- it's genuinely unique. Oh, and the final boss is an amazing character.

And it's still kinda crazy this game even exists when you think about it... even crazier is that kids who go out and buy this game might not even be aware of MGS2's Raiden. I feel old.

Anyway, my eyes fucking hurt. Played waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of the game for one day.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Started my second playthrough on hard now. Seems that the infantry isn't much harder. You just take more damage. The first boss wasn't hard either. Helps to have all my upgrades.

I'm dreading the final boss on hard though...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hope my game arrives today. Would the recommendation for action game fans be to start on Hard instead of Normal?

Unless you can't block or parry, and fail at Zan-Datsu every time, there's not much point playing on normal. Zan-Datsu recharge is a comfort blanket that is far less cheap feeling on hard, and even then still provides a nice buffer against challenge. I think you'd be doing the mechanics a disservice to play on normal. It's far too easy.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I think I might have to cop the soundtrack. This ish is so hype.

Another random note: what is it with Plat and Russians lol.

ezekial45

Banned
Do you get anything for finding all the spots where the
twin tripods
are? They're pretty fun to fight.

Also, does anyone have a list of the requirements for the swords and gear?

Top Bottom