• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Chiggs said:
The rep at my local Wal-Mart told me they already have three people in line, which means there's no way in hell I'm getting one of the bundles unless the store got 20+, which they didn't. And looking at Ebay, the prices aren't exactly motivating me to camp out for 9+ hours.

Anyway, happy hunting, people.

I hope there's no line at mine. I can't wait that long, I'm busy until about 8-9pm tonight.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
RobertM said:
It's over 9 THOUSANDDDDDDDDD!

um_22246-132928-over9000-1184309579.jpg

careksims

Man I made it this far without being majorly spoiled. I'm going into this with all the knowledge of the past MGS games. It's going to be one hell of a ride.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So who all will be attending midnight launches?

Some friends and I will be going after work, parked front row with a trunk full of booze and PSP's in hand.

*sigh* Gamestop.com has still not sent out MGS4 :(

*Goes back to watching the MGS4 15min. Gameplay Demonstration video for the 100th time to imagine i am play MGS4* lol

SamuraiX-

11 hours until the game officially released in California... 21 hours until I have it in my hands... 12 more hours of conscious waiting time... Dear Lord. :lol

BruceLeeRoy said:

Brucie, your awesomeness will one day implode the universe. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BruceLeeRoy said:
HOLY SHIT, I'M IN THAT PIC!

BruceLee, you are the man, sir!

TwIsTeD

damnit, i just hope when i work tonight for our midnight launch nobody ruins it like with halo 3 ( which wasnt that big of a deal compared to this)

is anyone still getting the bluetooth headset after the crappy reviews?

Smokey

One thing that bothers me when playing, is the amount of loading. There's the mandatory 8 minute install, but I didn't know that after each Act(or at least ACT I) you have to sit through ANOTHER 3 4 minute install before you can move on to ACT II. When you arrive at a destination, a lot of times it'll go back to a loading screen for 5-7 seconds.

Really bothers me because this is a pretty cinematic game, and the frequent loading breaks up the pace.

SamuraiX-

GeoramA said:
Just finished GTA IV. What a letdown.

Bring on MGS4! :D

I liked it. I thought it was a good way to end the game. It also happened to be raining for me when the whole ending sequence went on, so it really added to the dramatic effect. The whole thing felt like the end to a good movie. :D

Shinjiru

CosmicGroinPull said:
I got the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I have to say I fucking love Kojipro for including the screen scaling option. 1080i games always have a bit of the sides cutoff on my old tv, but no such problem with MGS4!!:D

I was hoping for this!

I just got a call from my Eb, they have my game and the store will be open at 9.

Unfortnately I've got a stupid class to attend to but after this it's all MGS4.

Bricfa

Smokey Bones said:
One thing that bothers me when playing, is the amount of loading. There's the mandatory 8 minute install, but I didn't know that after each Act(or at least ACT I) you have to sit through ANOTHER 3 4 minute install before you can move on to ACT II. When you arrive at a destination, a lot of times it'll go back to a loading screen for 5-7 seconds.

Really bothers me because this is a pretty cinematic game, and the frequent loading breaks up the pace.

I actually kind of like the idea of the install being broken into segments as opposed to one big one. I figure between acts I will probably take breaks anyway.

BruceLeeRoy said:

Am I in that pic or am I blind?

Man, I freaking love this game. I'm on my second run through, and I am just taking my sweet time this time. Noticing all sorts of detail and little tricks, it's incredible.

By the way, regarding the opening intro
What does the Hideo Channels do? I never could figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom