• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

:D I CANT BELIEVE IT, we're making it to 10,000 posts BEFORE the game comes out!!!

brandonh83 said:
I've really... really got to find something to do tonight, other than sit here staring at the PC monitor :lol

I might play Oblivion, or FF12. Those are two very good "time flies by" games. I've already re-beaten MGS1-3 for the ferthiteenth time...

If i saw this earlier I wouldve told you - play Portable Ops. Im having a blast man! Oh well, youll be playing 4 a day or two before me :( I still have to wait for my copy to arrive, and my LE has been ordered for me from a friend in Atlanta, and he wont be here for a day or two :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Oh god. You scared me for a second.
Same here, haha!

Kaytwo

BeeDog said:
I think it's supposed to show how war-centric the world has become; they put commercials for war groups among regular TV shows and so on. Awesome awesome opening.

Well that happens to be the best way to open a videogame in a long while. Reminds me of those ads in Serenity at the bar scene where
River is activated

Ploid 3.0

17GB of free space. Have your way with me mgs4!

Edit: 21GB When I delete GTA4 data. I'll probably play it one mor time to try and waste time until MGS4 is launched. I'm still new to CoD4, that should blow away more time. Time flies when you're having fun. Too bad that Civ demo end so soon.

DrBo42

alr1ghtstart said:
tried to find the bundle at Target. :(
A similar event happened on a 4th of July in the early 90s that also traumatized me. A local radio station ran a contest where the winner would get to wear a huge shirt that was many sizes too big and the inside of it would get slowly filled with warm, buttery, air-popped popcorn. not only that but you know who would help you eat it out of your shirt?? A handful of hot babes from the local Hooters and the teacher of the year from the high school for girls downtown. Not only did they not want any of my chest popcorn but they also acted very rude at me when I tried to get them to eat it every time I asked. They didnt understand that the shirt was so hot because the popcorn was coming right out of the machine and i could understand if they didn't want a piece that was right next to a pit but most of it had not come in contact with my smell zones. The only small amount of comfort came when the seagulls started coming and picking out the popcorn a tiny bit at a time but then the fireworks started and scared them all off

tribal24

Banned
DrBo42 said:
A similar event happened on a 4th of July in the early 90s that also traumatized me. A local radio station ran a contest where the winner would get to wear a huge shirt that was many sizes too big and the inside of it would get slowly filled with warm, buttery, air-popped popcorn. not only that but you know who would help you eat it out of your shirt?? A handful of hot babes from the local Hooters and the teacher of the year from the high school for girls downtown. Not only did they not want any of my chest popcorn but they also acted very rude at me when I tried to get them to eat it every time I asked. They didnt understand that the shirt was so hot because the popcorn was coming right out of the machine and i could understand if they didn't want a piece that was right next to a pit but most of it had not come in contact with my smell zones. The only small amount of comfort came when the seagulls started coming and picking out the popcorn a tiny bit at a time but then the fireworks started and scared them all off

>.> what did i just read

DrBo42 said:
Post is weirdly suited to the thread. And I'm now incredibly excited for the game, bad writing or no.

DrBo42 said:

I need scissors? 61?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Ploid 3.0 said:
17GB of free space. Have your way with me mgs4!

Edit: 21GB When I delete GTA4 data. I'll probably play it one mor time to try and waste time until MGS4 is launched. I'm still new to CoD4, that should blow away more time. Time flies when you're having fun. Too bad that Civ demo end so soon.

I have 35 gigs opened my self, was deleting a bunch of old videos and such.

h3ro

...and people scoffed when i said we'd make it to 10,000 before launch.... :p

(by launch, I mean the only one that matters to me, NA EST :D )

Soygen

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but when and where are we supposed to hear some special announcement about the game? Or has it already been made?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
h3ro said:

We will hit that with time to spare! Viva MGS!

Euphor!a

Banned
For those that have already played the game is it still possible to tranq kill bosses? If so do get any cool items/unlocks like the camos in MGS3?

Also, I've seen this asked but I didn't see it answered. Are you able to start a new game on the same save on a different difficulty after you beat the game? I remember in MGS3 you were locked on whatever difficulty you started the save on.

h3ro said:

I totally underestimated when we would reach 10,000, I said by 5, we will do it in the 3o'clock hour.

11,000 before EST launch, lets go!

Euphor!a said:
For those that have already played the game is it still possible to tranq kill bosses? If so do get any cool items/unlocks like the camos in MGS3?

Also, I've seen this asked but I didn't see it answered. Are you able to start a new game on the same save on a different difficulty after you beat the game? I remember in MGS3 you were locked on whatever difficulty you started the save on.

First question I don't know. Second question was answered already, you can change difficulty on the same save after you beat the game.

h3ro

MortalMonkey said:
mgs4legr2.jpg

No art on the inner slip cover in NA??!!?

That stinks, they even put art on the inside of the Blu Ray cover though! WTH Konami NA!

:( fail

FabCam

For anyone interested PLAYR TV on Bravo (used to be GamerTV) gave the game a 10/10 saying it was one of the best games they've played.

eso76

oh no.
fuck

this can't be.

Limited Editions won't be available until monday here, regular ones will be on sale tomorrow.
That's terrible.

What would you gaffers suggest ?
yeah, i know. buy a regular tomorrow AND a limited on monday.

Look at this shit my friend just tried to pull on me!

My fucking asshole friend said:
-jr- says:
gamestop isnt getting mgs4 tonight, their shipment got screwed up
Brandon says:
hahahaha
-jr- says:
what?
-jr- says:
im dead serious, i even have to go in for crowd control
-jr- says:
and i havent been in there in 3 weeks
-jr- says:
ello?
Brandon says:
you lying asshole, haha
Brandon says:
I just called!
-jr- says:
LOL!!!!
-jr- says:
ROFL!!!
Brandon says:
you cant fool me fucker!
Brandon says:
I KNEW someone would try that shit on me
Brandon says:
hahaha
-jr- says:
omg that was awesome
Brandon says:
I'll admit you did a good job though
Brandon says:
my blood pressure went up
-jr- says:
i only did it because i dont have a ps3 lol
-jr- says:
you are my ONLY link to playing mgs4
-jr- says:
my ONLY link...
Brandon says:
yep which is why you should have thought twice about that nasty little bitch prank
Brandon says:
I about threw up

what a DICK

DrBo42

brandonh83 said:
Look at this shit my friend just tried to pull on me!

what a DICK

Is this your friend?

(NMS NSFW) http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1273232.ece

THIS is the picture that will shock parents around the world - a baby born with a second penis on his BACK.

The tot was born to farmer dad Li Jun, 30, and his unnamed wife, who live in Hejian city in central China's Henan province.

Surgery

But he was rushed to Tianjin Childrens' Hospital on May 27 for surgery to remove his extra manhood.

The rare condition, the first for Tianjin Childrens' Hospital, is called fetus in fetu (FIF).

Doctors, who spent over three hours removing the extra penis on June 6, said he was fine following surgery.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just got my copy in the post and played the first hour. I don't want to give anything away or spoil it for you guys, I just want to post here to annoy those that have to wait even longer (it will be worth the wait)

Only thing I will say is I love what they have done with the controls and I don't think Nintendo would allow the installation screen on their platform.

h3ro

DrBo42 said:

THIS is the picture that will shock parents around the world - a baby born with a second penis on his BACK.

The tot was born to farmer dad Li Jun, 30, and his unnamed wife, who live in Hejian city in central China's Henan province.

Surgery

But he was rushed to Tianjin Childrens' Hospital on May 27 for surgery to remove his extra manhood.

The rare condition, the first for Tianjin Childrens' Hospital, is called fetus in fetu (FIF).

Doctors, who spent over three hours removing the extra penis on June 6, said he was fine following surgery.

You really don't feel like sticking around here long, do you. Post this stuff in OT.

DrBo42 said:

Surgery

:lol

____

h3ro said:
No art on the inner slip cover in NA??!!?

That stinks, they even put art on the inside of the Blu Ray cover though! WTH Konami NA!

:( fail

Yea, I noticed that too.

That really grinds my gears.

Either way...GS just called and told me my LE is in, and to come at 10:00pm for 'pre-launch' activities...

They should just give it to me now. I've already paid in full =[

I mean...it's practically the 12th already. Just gimme my stuff.

h3ro

____ said:
Yea, I noticed that too.

That really grinds my gears.

Either way...GS just called and told me my LE is in, and to come at 10:00pm for 'pre-launch' activities...

They should just give it to me now. I've already paid in full =[

I mean...it's practically the 12th already. Just gimme my stuff.

I thought the all red art of the PAL version was perfect... this makes me feel like a sad panda... :(

FabCam

DrBo42 said:
Is this your friend?

Surgery

:lol :lol :lol

Only on The Sun.

eso76

DrBo42 said:
Is this your friend?

what ? there's so many things you could do with an extra penis, why remove it ? ok, it was not too useful being on his back, but it's still better than just one. Or wait, maybe they didn't remove it, they just moved it on his chest ? that would make a lot more sense.

DrBo42

If I die and one of you lose a limb, attach mine.

"GAFer!!!!"
".....DrBo?"
"It's been a long time!"

I'll make sure to possess you when your girlfriend is over.

eso76 said:
what ? there's so many things you could do with an extra penis, why remove it ? ok, it was not too useful being on his back, but it's still better than just one. Or wait, maybe they didn't remove it, they just moved it on his chest ? that would make a lot more sense.
Exactly. Some girl could be going to town on your back while you have another lady below you. This would be the life of a true king...with two penises.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Well I could go pick up my copy at the midnight launch but yeah have to wake up early tomorrow for work so yeah. The great thing though is that I have Friday off and this Saturday in my schedule I have it off as well! Great weekend for me.

Hixx

Ahaha, just found my first easter egg. Wondered what the hell it was, but that was excellent. It's well worth the time hunting around in MGS4 :lol

I've played about 6 hours and I'm honestly envious that most of you guys will get to experience the first 10 minutes for the first time tonight; it was really excellent as silly as that sounds... Perhaps my favourite opening to a game ever. I'm just loving it so far. Everything is... well, everything is awesome to put it simply. So there's 10 hours to go for those of you across the atlantic? The wait was worth it, for sure.

ilikeme

BelligerentOC said:
Why? Import a playstation?

Swedish mgs4+ps3 bundle from GAME =( awful expensive

+ OST and LE Guide from Play-Asia
+ The MGS1 comics =)

This is the most hyped I've been for gaming since........ Baldur's Gate 2, Ocarina of Time, the Gamecube..
WTF! Ocarina was 1998, Baldur's Gate 2000 and the GC 2002.

I needed this. My body urges me toward it just like so
A new, expensive, shiny piece of technology for me to love and nurture. This and the Civ Revo demo will make this weekend the best start to a summer ever! Thanks BruceLeeRoy

Well, after years of waiting for this game to come out, I can officially say, I didn't get spoiled. I'll be out for most of the day today and won't really have a chance to be spoiled, other than the midnight launch of course. :lol

Man, time sure did fly with this thread. It feels like just yesterday I was waiting to see how epic it would be and it didn't disappoint. It's been fun in here. :D

I got the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I have to say I fucking love Kojipro for including the screen scaling option. 1080i games always have a bit of the sides cutoff on my old tv, but no such problem with MGS4!!:D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
VGChampion said:
Well, after years of waiting for this game to come out, I can officially say, I didn't get spoiled. I'll be out for most of the day today and won't really have a chance to be spoiled, other than the midnight launch of course. :lol

Man, time sure did fly with this thread. It feels like just yesterday I was waiting to see how epic it would be and it didn't disappoint. It's been fun in here. :D

Dude they spoilers are going to get you when you least expect it! Watch out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom