• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Lion Heart said:
seem like people are beating this game around the 15 hour mark :( i wish it had 5 more hours of gameplay. I guess im going to have to pace myself so I don't beat it too fast like I did with uncharted...the goes by so fast cause its so good

I'm seeing quite a few people hitting the 20 hour mark. If it's as long as MGS3, which it appears to be, then I'm fine.

llTll

Banned
for the love of god can someone tell me how to kill the 4th....
how to kill mantis ? the last boss out of the 4 ? guns are not doing anything

test_account

XP-39C²
I bought this earlier today:

lWPotdYlI.jpg

- 1 MGS 4 Limited Edition
- 1 MGS 4 "Normal" Edition

I bought the limited edition mostly for collection purposes and it will probly stay sealed (atleast for now) :) I bought the "normal" (or what i shall call it) edition to have a copy that i could use for playing the game :) Unfortunately i have hardly tried any of the earlier Metal Gear Solid games so i dont think i will start with the MGS 4 single player before i have finished MGS 1, 2 and 3, but we'll see :) I will try the single player campaign atleast. For now i bought it mainly for playing Metal Gear Online :)

EDIT: I fixed a typo, i forgot to write a "4" in the "- 1 MGS 4 "Normal" Edition"

kuYuri

Do the sixaxis functions not work for anyone? I'm shaking the controller, but the I get no response for changing the octocamo back to normal.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Strider2K99 said:
Do the sixaxis functions not work for anyone? I'm shaking the controller, but the I get no response for changing the octocamo back to normal.
Oh I totally forgot about that function. Is there an on-off toggle in the options menu?

Lion Heart said:
seem like people are beating this game around the 15 hour mark :( i wish it had 5 more hours of gameplay. I guess im going to have to pace myself so I don't beat it too fast like I did with uncharted...the goes by so fast cause its so good

It took me 6 hours and 17 minutes to beat the first of 5 acts. The gameplay is there if you want it, Metal Gear has always rewarded experimental players. Don't know why people run through these games and ignore the details.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
llTll said:
for the love of god can someone tell me how to kill the 4th....
how to kill mantis ? the last boss out of the 4 ? guns are not doing anything
Shoot her dolls

kuYuri

sykoex said:
Oh I totally forgot about that function. Is there an on-off toggle in the options menu?

No, no such thing in the options menu, but I distinctly remember one of the few sixaxis functions was that you can return the octocamo to normal by shaking the controller.

Don

Strider2K99 said:
It wasn't working for me at first but then I found out that you have to shake it a certain way, like keep tilting it left and right.

MyEpitomeCliché said:
Come the fuck on UPS. Just knowing my copy is floating around on a truck somewhere in the city is more unbearable than I had anticipated. Bring it to meeeeee!!!!!!

I know mine still says:

Shipped/Billed On: 06/11/2008
Service: NEXT DAY AIR
Weight: 1.00 Lb

what is going on /UPSGamestop.com ?!?!?!

dankir

test_account said:
I bought this earlier today:

lWPotdYlI.jpg

- 1 MGS 4 Limited Edition
- 1 MGS "Normal" Edition

I bought the limited edition mostly for collection purposes and it will probly stay sealed (atleast for now) :) I bought the "normal" (or what i shall call it) edition to have a copy that i could use for playing the game :) Unfortunately i have hardly tried any of the earlier Metal Gear Solid games so i dont think i will start with the MGS 4 single player before i have finished MGS 1, 2 and 3, but we'll see :) I will try the single player campaign atleast. For now i bought it mainly for playing Metal Gear Online :)

I will buy that figurine from you... WELL SOMEBODY PLEASE SELL ME THAT DAMN FIGURINE!?@!?@

I'm planning on picking this up on the way home but I need to know if I should finish MGS3 before I get into this. I got stuck really early in 3 and didn't want to look up the solution in a FAQ.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
F-uck joo ebgames.com! pre-ordered in April,got a shipping email yesterday saying it was shipped ups overnight and all the tracking says is "billing info received'.Eb better refund me my shipping since it wasn't delivered today :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's awesome is that there's a section in the EXTRAS menu for more podcasts. I hope it gets updated regularly

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's awesome is that there's a section in the EXTRAS menu for more podcasts. I hope it gets updated regularly

dankir

Saint Gregory said:
I'm planning on picking this up on the way home but I need to know if I should finish MGS3 before I get into this. I got stuck really early in 3 and didn't want to look up the solution in a FAQ.

SAme here, I bought MGS3 on launch day and never beat it :(

Played like 8 hours total into over 3 years.

So i'm gonna buy MGS4 and not even open it until I get done with MGS3.

Saint Gregory said:

Yes, you really should finish MGS3 first.

Saint Gregory said:

Highly recommended but probably not absolutely necessary. MGS1 and 2 are required.

But I think if you're going to pay 60 bucks for a game, you should go into it as prepared as possible, and beat all of them to get the most out of it.

FabCam

Saint Gregory said:

I reckon it's worth playing just for the gameplay.

Hey guys I am just going to be playing the game basically tomorrow and all weekend and wont be back on the main thread till Monday. If you need anything or I have missed out on posting a review please just PM me.
Thanks!

Bricfa

Ok GAF, Two things:

1. This game is fucking awesome. Even dying is awesome.

2. Can I play my own music with the Ipod somehow? I think Snake would like some Led Zeppelin.

Does anyone have any gifs of Snake and Mei Ling Codec conversations.

Need it for a project.

Would like the animated effect of the codec opening up, Mei Ling and Snake doing a few movements and then it closing.

Thanks

test_account

XP-39C²
dankir said:
I will buy that figurine from you... WELL SOMEBODY PLEASE SELL ME THAT DAMN FIGURINE!?@!?@
Thanks for the offer, but for now my limited edition copy will stay sealed :) Sorry :\ But speaking about this figure, i mean i saw something here on NeoGAF a few days ago that someone mentioned that he had bought this figure in an anime shop or something? So maybe its possible to buy this Solid Snake figure separately?

Forsete

Wow this is one impressive game. I dont know how many times Iäve said "wow" and Im only on act 2.

Jebus, I knew Kojima would deliver, but not like this. :lol

Hixx

Just finished it... all I can say is wow. There are a few tedious parts (can't think of any games that don't have any, to be fair) but most is just solid gold. No game has toyed(sp) with my emotions like MGS4. Eyes stinging one minute, in a fit of laughter the next. There's just nothing like it. Although 90% of the cutscenes throughout are perfect, there are a few which drag on or are just overall boring.

The credits haven't even finished and I already want to replay it :lol

Anyway, my crappy stats; will spoiler them just incase:

Play Time: 16:15:40
Continues: 7
Alert Phaes: 59
Kills: 259 (lol)
Recovery Items: 47
Weapon Types Procured: 39
Flashbacks: 192
Special Items: None

I'm trying to catch up on MGS with a little help from youtube before I delve into MGS4. I checked my order status on the LE Guide from Amazon, it told me the estimated delivery was June 16th. I decided to change it to 1 day instead of 2 day and it went from June 16 to July 3rd! I've emailed them, but I think I was bumped to the next shipment. I'm pretty pissed. I don't think I can find the guide anywhere else, and even if I did I wouldn't be able to get it for the $17 I paid.

Matrix said:
F-uck joo ebgames.com! pre-ordered in April,got a shipping email yesterday saying it was shipped ups overnight and all the tracking says is "billing info received'.Eb better refund me my shipping since it wasn't delivered today :(

Same with me I pre-ordered in April from Gamestop.com and i got over night shipping and it still says:

What state are you in Matrix?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AmericanNinja said:
Same with me I pre-ordered in April from Gamestop.com and i got over night shipping and it still says:

What state are you in Matrix?

NY and it still says "billing info received" I just fired off an email to ask for my shipping refund.Next day air saver is delivery by 3 pm and thats come and gone here.Hopefully I get it tomorrow :(

FabCam

Anyone else say they weren't going to play MGO then get addicted again? :D

They changed some stuff up. New names for the skills are pretty good. Plus there's a no re spawn mode that really suits the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom