• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgun

Banned
Has ANYONE Seen or READ the EUROGAYER review?? It gave it an 8/10. PURE RUBBISH. The guy doesn't even know what he is talking about. BASHING MGS in EVERY PARAGRAPH!

rgun said:
EUROGAYER

1153103163306.gif

Mamesj

Banned
Darkpen said:
not really.

By the time you get to that part of the game, you're bound to have put the controller down in expectation of a very long cutscene, but instead, the letterbox goes away, and you're set infront of something that is unprecedented in games like MGS3. What happens goes against everything you thought of before, and you realize what the game wants you to do. Its shocking, to say the least, and EVA's speech at the end gives it that much more impact.

what's this not really stuff...am I not allowed to think there was no extra emotional impact just because the game has you press a button? Greatest fucking ending, but sorry I wasn't in tears because the game forced me to do something before I could watch the rest of the ending. It was just a nice touch.

Seriously, I never got why people could never just overlook what they did during gameplay before a cutscene. Meaning: Why not just pretend you weren't exactly as accurate as a health bar may have you believe. Same goes for those who complain about what happens to your character. Pretend they aren't hitting you... at least in vital organs.

yeah, no.

Darkpen

Banned
Mamesj said:
what's this not really stuff...am I not allowed to think there was no extra emotional impact just because the game has you press a button? Greatest fucking ending, but sorry I wasn't in tears because the game forced me to do something before I could watch the rest of the ending. It was just a nice touch.
It was a shock, is what it is. No one cried at that point, at least no one I've talked with. People did cry, however, at EVA's speech. I'm just saying that that moment deserves more credit than you're giving it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Darkpen said:
It was a shock, is what it is. No one cried at that point, at least no one I've talked with. People did cry, however, at EVA's speech. I'm just saying that that moment deserves more credit than you're giving it.

Why do you bother?

So anyone buying the MGS4 bluetooth headset next week? I know I am.

Mamesj

Banned
Darkpen said:

well I wasn't in love with the bosses' character. bad voice acting and writing strikes again. I enjoyed the idea behind the story, though.

The moment was not unlike pressing "play" after having paused a DVD.

Darkpen

Banned
Mamesj said:
well I wasn't in love with the bosses' character. bad voice acting and writing strikes again. I enjoyed the idea behind the story, though.

The moment was not unlike pressing "play" after having paused a DVD.
oh, well, if that's how you felt about it, then whatever. Personally, I was totally involved with the game's story, all the way to the end, so
The Boss's
importance as a character was only magnified with how the ending goes.

NooMoahk said:
Hell yeah I am. Oh and Eurogayer sucks dick.

Let's be nice here and not accelerate things uncomfortably, seeing as there are perfectly fine gay people on this boards who also game.

Let's not tarnish them with the Eurogamer association.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Whoa. Major props to the OP. Nice wallpapers, too. I'm impressed, and I don't get impressed easily.

NooMoahk said:
Hell yeah I am. Oh and Eurogayer sucks dick.

Did you not see the idiot who got banned a page or two ago for saying the same stupid crap? I don't see why anyone cares about reviews from a game you know you'll buy anyway. It wasn't even a bad score either.

dr3upmushroom said:
What did the reviewer talk about?

Dunno, just read it over at rllmuk. Hopefully my subs copy will turn up today.

edit : from the rllmuk thread

When you read the review, it does not sound like an eight, probably a shade lower. The review confirms there are two cut scenes that are nearly ninety minutes each. There is also a fair amount of loading between zones.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DIrtyWeasel said:
I was expecting the "art" book to have a lot of art by Yoji Shinkawa. It seems to be full of renders.

They probably saved that stuff for the Limited Edition strategy guide.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
First of all: major respect to BruceLeeRoy and everyone who contributed to the OP. I'm glad that you didn't disappoint me.

And second: I don't think I can last any longer, it's killing me. Last night I had a MGS4 and MGS2 related dream. :/ I wasn't this hyped for MGS3, as I hadn't followed it (due to losing all interest in video gaming at the time - something which MGS3 eventually fixed), but my anticipation for MGS4 is greater than it was for MGS, MGS2 and FFVIII combined.

Edit: And that artbook looks nice. I'm glad I ordered the LE.

Dever

Banned
polygon_monkey said:
Dunno, just read it over at rllmuk. Hopefully my subs copy will turn up today.

edit : from the rllmuk thread

Is this confirmed to be true? TTP already said he didn't recall a cutscene that was nearly 90 minutes long, let alone two of them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Joe211 said:
damn reviewers are pathetic all those 10 for Halo and GTA talk about money hats

I wouldn't let it get to you, really. It's your opinion when you play the game for yourself that counts, right?

Deepblue

Banned
Yes, and those games get moneyhats, but this one doesn't? Come on now. The series has always had its trademark "problems" and the latest iteration doesn't change that. Love them or hate them they exist.

BeeDog

Deepblue said:
Yes, and those games get moneyhats, but this one doesn't? Come on now. The series has always had its trademark "problems" and the latest iteration doesn't change that. Love them or hate them they exist.

Do you have a gizmo that automatically teleports you to a topic where Halo is mentioned? And have you also played the game yet?

Joe211

Kagari said:
I wouldn't let it get to you, really. It's your opinion when you play the game for yourself that counts, right?

Nah, I don't really care but I know it deserves better scores that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom