• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
dabookerman said:
Hello children.

I have a request, and apologies if it has been addressed already.

What tracks from the OST are featured in all the official trailers that have been released?

From memory:

E3 2006: Love Theme
TGS 2006: Old Snake
E3 2007: Mobs Alive / BB Corps
TGS 2007: Gekko

Can't think of the more recent ones.

matticus

OMFG

Just walked into this thread. That first page there is about the most impressive thing I've ever seen on the Interwebs!

Thread of the Forever

Wow! The summary in the OP is probably the most comprehensive summary of the Metal Gear series I have ever read!

I just got one question. After reading the OP, I am still confused as to what the Patriots primary goal for the S3 Project was? Was it to mold Raiden into the ultimate soldier, or to create a system that could censor the flow of information? Or was it much deeper than that, was it a way for the Patriots to show their ability in controlling and manipulating events and history, on a small scale with Raiden and on a large scale with the whole Big Shell Incident?

Shame that the youtube links went down, as I probably would've used them to listen to a track or 2 if I didn't have my iTouch on me.

I guess spending about an hour and a half last night ripping & renaming all of the tracks for the soundtrack (all 47 of them) in iTunes doesn't seem so bad in retrospect. Though I wish stupid Gracenote (or whatever service they use) had been to able to tag all of the tracks for me...would've saved me the time.

evilone

EA Employee
I just got back from lunch with my buddies from Sony. I have some MGS4 news for you california residents. I can't release the info yet but once I get the go ahead I will fill you guys in.

rikichi

evilone said:
I just got back from lunch with my buddies from Sony. I have some MGS4 news for you california residents. I can't release the info yet but once I get the go ahead I will fill you guys in.

when is kojima coming to SF?

It looks bloody amazing! Its the game that's making me buy a PS3 :D

Another thing I didn't know untill after watching the bonus DVD and reading this thread was the years the games are set!

MGS1 Released 1998 set in 2005!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Auron_Kale said:
Shame that the youtube links went down, as I probably would've used them to listen to a track or 2 if I didn't have my iTouch on me.

I guess spending about an hour and a half last night ripping & renaming all of the tracks for the soundtrack (all 47 of them) in iTunes doesn't seem so bad in retrospect. Though I wish stupid Gracenote (or whatever service they use) had been to able to tag all of the tracks for me...would've saved me the time.

That sucks luckily my friend's soundtrack arrived and he let me copy it to my ps3. :D

DSC04750.jpg

Damn, I do not know if I should buy the soundtrack myself or wait for it in the LE. >_<

evilone

EA Employee
shagg_187 said:
Hideo Kojima coming to California, confirmed!!

Pretty much :D :D :D My eyes lit up when I found out. I can't tell you the date just yet but like I said once I get the go ahead you all will know.

rikichi

evilone said:
Pretty much :D :D :D My eyes lit up when I found out. I can't tell you the date just yet but like I said once I get the go ahead you all will know.

i want to know now!

damn, i might need to take the 12th and 13th off.

i'm not sure if i can though :(

Lol, I was supposed to get Saga Vol2 or something when I pre-ordered the LE, but they were all out, so now I have to wait until June 12 to get that as well.

Damn.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Johnny Sasaki said:
Lol, I was supposed to get Saga Vol2 or something when I pre-ordered the LE, but they were all out, so now I have to wait until June 12 to get that as well.

Damn.

If you pre-order at Best Buy you can get the saga vol2 disc

Johnny Sasaki said:

Damn.

Best Buy and Circuit City also has the Saga 2 disc. I saw them at Circuit City myself last week.

neojubei said:
If you pre-order at Best Buy you can get the saga vol2 disc

Yea well, you can get the saga disk at Gamestop as well, but they were all out when I went, and I don't feel like buying two copies of MGS4 (priced at 90 bucks) just to get a copy of the saga disk a few days ahead of time. ;)

Klone.K

BlockBastard said:
I'm sure there will be something worth analyzing in MGS4, but I really doubt Kojima is gonna go balls out with philisophical stuff again in this game.

I'm just hoping that the game manages to depress the fuck out if me. :D

Why don't you expect him to go all balls out?
I think he will considering complaints of an over indulgent mindfrag of an epilogue. :D

But I hope he'll depress me too. I want to be mindfucked and depressed and then left to rot by MGS retiree, Hideo Kojima.

tha_con said:
I wish the OST was up on iTunes :(

They should put it up on PSN like Q Games did with the PixelJunk Monsters OST.

jdnation said:
Can anyone clear up if the CD in the LE is the full epic CD or just a sampler?

The LE soundtrack has 17 songs. The full soundtrack has 47 songs.

tha_con

Banned
Klone.K said:
The OST is already online on several filesharing websites for free.

Well, I'd like to buy it. You know, give my money to the folks who worked hard to create it. Ethics, morals, that jazz.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
From the IGN UK review:

"But it also recasts the whole story as nothing less than a retelling of the Messiah story, with resurrection, sins of the father and all that (and surely there's something admirable about the bravado – the sheer chutzpah – of recasting something as trifling as an action game as the story of Man)."

..This can't mean... can it?..

shagg_187 said:
Apology accepted ;) Half of this 30+ page thread consists of "ZOMG! 9.9? WHY NOT 10!? STUPID IGN UK!"

That said, ill ask again :$

Btw, can anyone confirm if the MGO Opening themes (i.e. both XMB Theme and in-game theme) are present in MGS4 OST? :)

We didn't have enough time to talk about the 9.9 score, dood. EG released their review around the same time, making us fall right back on our feet. :lol

sage00 said:
From the IGN UK review:

Mind telling us what kind of spoilers they are?

BlockBastard said:
We didn't have enough time to talk about the 9.9 score, dood. EG released their review around the same time, making us fall right back on our feet. :lol

Mind telling us what kind of spoilers they are?
Resurrection... father...
you figure it out chief ;).

Klone.K

God if this game does everything MGS2 did except BIGGER and BETTER, I will have to quit video games at this pinnacle point of the industry. I never even gave this or any other game the benefit of doubt that it could somehow, by some form of alien force and miraculous genius surpass the opus that was MGS2.

Am I the only one who LIKES the negative reviews? Each 9.5 and lower scores makes me even more excited, because they remind me of the lashback MGS2 recieved and I loved that game...

Damn, I hunger for more lower score reviews and story complaints... Now! Make me feel it! MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE AGAIN!!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Klone.K said:
God if this game does everything MGS2 did except BIGGER and BETTER, I will have to quit video games at this pinnacle point of the industry. I never even gave this or any other game the benefit of doubt that it could somehow, by some form of alien force and miraculous genius surpass the opus that was MGS2.

Am I the only one who LIKES the negative reviews? Each 9.5 and lower scores makes me even more excited, because they remind me of the lashback MGS2 recieved and I loved that game...

Damn, I hunger for more lower score reviews and story complaints... Now! Make me feel it! MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE AGAIN!!
Makes you look at things in perspective and not seeing all 10's like GTA4. This is and has always been the real deal for me. Hype is beyond anything I've experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom