• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

If you want to effectively skip the Anti-AA mission...

Someone earlier actually mentioned this strat, I couldn't believe it actually works!

Get a high enough ranking to get the rocket launcher. At the spawn use the rocket launcher to shoot an Anti-AA that does not have a person next to it. Shoot the other Anti-AA once there are people not next to them (they will move away when you are in Combat Status). Shoot the tank once it appears. Run to the LZ. It will probably take around 2 minutes.

2 minute clear time + no kills should land you the S Rank, it did for me on hard.

Hasney

Thinking about going with a Vita version of Peace Walker myself. Never finished it when my analogue nub broke. PS3 isn't hooked up anymore either, pity they didn't re-release again on PS4.

Could just have him pull out one of those spare mags and knock on it so that regardless of location, someone hears it. *shrug*

I think a cool solution would be if he had the 'cricket clicker' that American paratroopers used in WW2. It was a small device that when pressed would make a clicking noise. IRL it was used as a secret call-sign so soldiers could communicate, but it would work well for the purpose of distracting guards in MGS and add a cool little historical gadget that would make for a good codec call that could tie into The Boss or something.

I think it's mainly score. And being spotted, killing people, taking too long etc gives you negative points and thus a lower score, ergo lower ranking.

Congrats, only on 84% myself, and all trophies except one. Now on to trial grinding...

You only need to do 1 trial on normal per mission after you finish the mission the first time just do the mark the enemies trial to unlock the others... and if you complete the hard mission twice (one to finish and the next for a finishing time) it will unlock all trials for that mission... not really grindy but can take a while if you are doing the mark all enemies Stealthy

You don't have to do all the trials just unlock them for 100%

cackhyena

I think a cool solution would be if he had the 'cricket clicker' that American paratroopers used in WW2. It was a small device that when pressed would make a clicking noise. IRL it was used as a secret call-sign so soldiers could communicate, but it would work well for the purpose of distracting guards in MGS and add a cool little historical gadget that would make for a good codec call that could tie into The Boss or something.
That's pretty good. Send that along to whathisname who's asking for ideas on Twitter for TPP.

skyboss

9FRD2w8.jpg

if every map in mgs5: the phantom pain is this quality then it will be a pretty incredible game

how many hours did it take you to get 100%?

skyboss

Don't know about them but it took me ~32hrs.

really? I read some reviews and say that you will eventually get bored of playing the same map, what do you think of that?, I played PW like 50 hours and some missions repeated maps and never bored me, for my the people that wrote these reviews do not understand the essence of the game

Hasney

It took me roughly 30 to 35 hours to 100%

Fucking demos. Wayyy not worth the price for that measly content.

100% completion will actually take me longer than platinuming Second Son, which involved 100%ing one path and finishing the game on the other. Incredible.

Man, I'd love an option to dismantle a gun once I've disarmed an enemy. Just picture the look of shock and utter fear on the enemy after you've humiliated him so.

Can Big Boss even do that, or is that strictly a The Boss thing?

cackhyena

really? I read some reviews and say that you will eventually get bored of playing the same map, what do you think of that?, I played PW like 50 hours and some missions repeated maps and never bored me, for my the people that wrote these reviews do not understand the essence of the game
I think I'm around eight hours in with no S Ranks, no déjà vu unlocked and a lot of experimentation still left undone, and I can't see myself getting bored with it any time soon. The map while pretty bland overall is large enough to not grow too stale like I thought it would. The game play overhaul has done wonders for me.

Man, I'd love an option to dismantle a gun once I've disarmed an enemy. Just picture the look of shock and utter fear on the enemy after you've humiliated him so.

That would be awesome.

kubus

it's possible. i posted a method a few pages back that works for both normal and hard.
-snip-
That's how I did it anyway.
I posted how I did it earlier:
-snip-

Thanks for the help guys. Just finished another try, no alerts, no kills, no reflex, 2 prisoners rescued... but 13 retries and 50 minutes so I still got a C rank :(. Was hoping a bit higher so I could unlock the sniper rifle or even better, rocket launcher... Argh!

I'll read up on your strategies and then give it another try later tonight!

I'm at work but I see everyone talking about getting S rank on the AA gun mission on hard.

Well I'd like to help, I replied to someone yesterday with a helpful clip, I implore you to look, it can be easy.

nextgen-edit: linky

I actually looked at your vid and that was awesome! Unfortunately I think you need to get A rank first to unlock the rocket launcher so I can't try that yet :(.

nillapuddin

I'm at work but I see everyone talking about getting S rank on the AA gun mission on hard.

Well I'd like to help, I replied to someone yesterday with a helpful clip, I implore you to look, it can be easy.

Finally S ranked every mission. Got 71,000 score on Ground Zeroes. Was hesitant near the end that I was going to get caught but I did it. The destroying the turrets guns was a bitch to S rank.

Now to finish a few trials off.

Really? Easiest mission by far in my book
2.5 minutes and S rank everytime

edit: Ill make a clip of my strategy for you

Hopefully a visual aide can help y'all out, check the video, its less than 3 minutes :)

Zach

Two questions:

1.) Can you receive intel on every XOF patch in-game? I know I found a couple of mine by interrogating guys. I currently have five and would rather not use a guide to find the other four.

2.) Can you kill/evac every soldier on the map so that you can just run around without fear of being spotted?

Fucking demos. Wayyy not worth the price for that measly content.

100% completion will actually take me longer than platinuming Second Son, which involved 100%ing one path and finishing the game on the other. Incredible.

lol I can see valid points for the short and small amount of content sure, but if you go in with the mindset of get all collectables, S rank on all difficulties to get al the weapons etc it takes time... time that reviewers seem to not care to "waste"

Alienous

I'm glad you put that in the tags, because I was going to say that.

I don't think Big Boss is Boss enough.

lol I can see valid points for the short and small amount of content sure, but if you go in with the mindset of get all collectables, S rank on all difficulties to get al the weapons etc it takes time... time that reviewers seem to not care to "waste"

It's the difference between being served a main course with all the trimmings, and being served an appetizer. Most will probably finish the main course without resorting to licking the plate for every gravy molecule, whilst if you were only served an appetizer you would be more inclined to feast on every last crumb..

BossLackey

Gold Member

It's just a pin or two keeping the upper receiver attached. It's a lot easier on a handgun. The Boss was doing it to humiliate him, it's not very practical in the field, especially since Big Boss can subdue someone completely if he's in range to do that. Not to mention that it wouldn't be one fluid motion to do so with a rifle. In short, there's no point, but I'm sure he could do it.

Oriel

soooo i played mgs1-4 but only played an hour of peace walker. i played through the main ground zeroes mission and was sooo lost. peace walker must be a necessity for this, right? i'll have to go back and play through it.

Well even apart from getting up to speed on the storyline playing PW in of itself is a must given how great a game it is. Definitely the most under appreciated game of the franchise.

Alienous

It's just a pin or two keeping the upper receiver attached. It's a lot easier on a handgun. The Boss was doing it to humiliate him, it's not very practical in the field, especially since Big Boss can subdue someone completely if he's in range to do that. Not to mention that it wouldn't be one fluid motion to do so with a rifle. In short, there's no point, but I'm sure he could do it.

Nah, you need depth perception to do it fluidly.

... maybe?

Erigu

Yeah, I get it. You didn't point out the exact year of the original so I did.
Oh, okay.
I mean, it could be a way to present the revised version of those initial storylines without actually having to remake the games themselves: show what led up to all that, what was really going on behind the scenes, enough information for the player to extrapolate the v2.0 of Solid Snake's first adventures and just "close the circle" as Big Boss sends him on his mission.

I don't think the year MG1 took place in is exactly common knowledge.
I'd have to check, but I don't think dates were even given in the MSX2 games, actually. Maybe "199X" for Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake?
"1995" and "1999" were mentioned later, during the Metal Gear Solid years, I believe.

It's the difference between being served a main course with all the trimmings, and being served an appetizer. Most will probably finish the main course without resorting to licking the plate for every gravy molecule, whilst if you were only served an appetizer you would be more inclined to feast on every last crumb..

Great analogy, I can't wait for the veritable feast of Phantom Pain

Typomancer

Neo Member

Really? Easiest mission by far in my book
2.5 minutes and S rank everytime

edit: Ill make a clip of my strategy for you

Hopefully a visual aide can help y'all out, check the video, its less than 3 minutes :)

Whoa, awesome. Thanks for this. Does the rocket launcher unlock at a certain point? Working as well and I can’t remember if I unlocked it after my first try.

Muffdraul

Oh, okay.
I mean, it could be a way to present the revised version of those initial storylines without actually having to remake the games themselves: show what led up to all that, what was really going on behind the scenes, enough information for the player to extrapolate the v2.0 of Solid Snake's first adventures and just "close the circle" as Big Boss sends him on his mission.

I'd have to check, but I don't think dates were even given in the MSX2 games, actually. Maybe "199X" for Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake?
"1995" and "1999" were mentioned later, during the Metal Gear Solid years, I believe.

I don't think they've ever mentioned a specific year in any MGS except maybe MGS3. The "official" timeline was released at some point, probably in a strategy guide or something.

Does anyone know why
Big Boss is wearing a Fox Patch? I remember some trailer saying "Snake is back on FOX" but it doesn't seem like it was ever explained. I thought Big Boss is still at MSF. The trailer indicated that there's some sort of meaning to it, but I don't see it

Does anyone know why
Big Boss is wearing a Fox Patch? I remember some trailer saying "Snake is back on FOX" but it doesn't seem like it was ever explained. I thought Big Boss is still at MSF. The trailer indicated that there's some sort of meaning to it, but I don't see it

The Fox Patch was worn in Peace Walker too, it's the same sneaking suit. I'm not sure the reasons.

Sami+

Does anyone know why

As someone mentioned before, it's likely just a gesture of respect to his former unit. The trailer was referring to the Fox Engine.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Does anyone know why

Mentioned this before but anyway,
it's probably due respect/homage/remembrance for his former unit, in the same fashion than Meryl did with Foxhound while she was working with the UN (and under the Patriots' influence) as Rat Patrol 01.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jesus, I'm mind-numbingly bad at this.
I need some pointers or something, hard is kicking my ass. There's always that one rouge dude somewhere who I've failed to keep track of that insta-spots me from somewhere across the map.

Same. I loved the earlier games in the series, along with VR missions. I guess I like the 'gamier' approach with vision cones etc. this more open world is kicking my ass.

Top Bottom