• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
S ranked all but the Ground Zeroes and Deja Vu missions now. Ugh. These will be a pain to do so in.

I saw a video of the Deja Vu mission S ranked before release. Seems easy enough, especially on Normal. And there's probably tons of youtube videos out there now of Ground Zeroes S ranked for reference.

nillapuddin

Ride the truck to the base but jump out to the right as it stops and waits for the gate to open, go through the red door. Hold-up/tranq the guard in there, head down the stairs into the right boiler room and interrogate baldy for the tape. Go back up and get in the truck.

I've noticed that upon returning to the truck, if you lay down the guard takes forever to get back in; so get in and crouch and he will almost immediately get back in, then lay down.

Hm, interesting, thats kinda what I do, but a different order, I swore I did it like that a few times ago and I just missed out on an S, so I thought I needed both tapes to get enough points.

well see since Im in the truck now..

really? I read some reviews and say that you will eventually get bored of playing the same map, what do you think of that?, I played PW like 50 hours and some missions repeated maps and never bored me, for my the people that wrote these reviews do not understand the essence of the game

It gets to the point where you memorize the base and of course having more locations would have made for a better game. But damn that gameplay is so good and I love the challenges included in this game, some of the hardest most pure stealth runs I have ever done in a game. So while it could have been better I am going to enjoy my way to 100%.

nillapuddin

S get

btw, wow, the video recording is SO bad, forget I even tried that, but for sake of sharing here it is abridged

warning, horrible artifacting in the first 2 minutes

but all in all I was in the truck waiting at the 7 minute mark

@Ryanardo
so you dont need both tapes to get S?
maybe I just took too long when I tried it earlier with mr cleans tape

Carbonox

I saw a video of the Deja Vu mission S ranked before release. Seems easy enough, especially on Normal. And there's probably tons of youtube videos out there now of Ground Zeroes S ranked for reference.

Yeah just S ranked Deja Vu now. Very easy actually, made all the more easier when you get the tranq gun. All that remains is Ground Zeroes itself. Last attempt was an A rank but I only saved Paz and Chico, not the other prisoners which would have boosted my score dramatically I think.

Fotos

HYUrOzB.jpg

Those are superb!

That FOX one looks hella clean.

Maddocks

Maybe it's to do with Camp Omega being a blacksite, so they stay away from using American weaponry?

I think the problem with that is that its a widely known black site from the tapes and game. They even proudly fly the USA flag. I'm thinking something got mixed up, they do look pretty similar, maybe they just didn't notice it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, that's weird...

Hard results said:
Time : 39:56.880/30020
Enemy Combat Alerts: 0/5250
Kills: 0/3500
Prisoners Rescued: 6/21000
Helicoipters Lost: ----/----
Retries: 0/5250
Ne Reflex
Escaped Prisoners Recovered

Score 65020

So, "No Reflex" is bullshit since I did use Reflex/bullet time to headshot about 5 guards after I thought I was taking too long (40 mins isn't too bad) holding up and GET DOWNing them after putting them to sleep. Lost my Silencer gun (FUCKING O PICK UP BODY AND WEAPON MAP) in the process. Took the lights out and then held up the guards. This is probably the EASIEST way if you're looking to haul ass with Paz out of the base. If you take your time and GET DOWN every guard on the long-route, you shouldn't run into too many issues.

But yeah: Prisoners extracted besides Chico and Paz (not including the bonus/execution) will help your rank. But what's weird is the "No Reflex" bonus not going when I OBVIOUSLY used Reflex. I wonder what the criteria is for removing that...

Maddocks

Well, that's weird...

So, "No Reflex" is bullshit since I did use Reflex/bullet time to headshot about 5 guards after I thought I was taking too long (40 mins isn't too bad) holding up and GET DOWNing them after putting them to sleep. Lost my Silencer gun (FUCKING O PICK UP BODY AND WEAPON MAP) in the process. Took the lights out and then held up the guards. This is probably the EASIEST way if you're looking to haul ass with Paz out of the base. If you take your time and GET DOWN every guard on the long-route, you shouldn't run into too many issues.

But yeah: Prisoners extracted besides Chico and Paz (not including the bonus/execution) will help your rank. But what's weird is the "No Reflex" bonus not going when I OBVIOUSLY used Reflex. I wonder what the criteria is for removing that...

did you get points on "No Relex"? if it was 0 its because reflex was used.

TheSeks

did you get points on "No Relex"? if it was 0 its because reflex was used.

The bonuses didn't show points, they just showed up in yellow. There wasn't even a 0 or --- for the score. Just those. If the bonus wasn't there, it'd be ---'d out.

So, WTF at Reflex being used and still gaining "No Reflex?"

Maddocks

The bonuses didn't show points, they just showed up in yellow. There wasn't even a 0 or --- for the score. Just those. If the bonus wasn't there, it'd be ---'d out.

So, WTF at Reflex being used and still gaining "No Reflex?"

If its blank it means its used. if you get points 3k-5k points for it, it means you turned it off.

s54NyFe.png

Griss

Got every trophy bar the 'unlock every trial' one.

The more I play it, the better it gets. The gameplay is really quite something. If Hideo can avoid botching the story, The Phantom Pain could be a real masterpiece. But unlike other Metal Gears, maybe this one will be a phenomenal game in challenge mode alone.

nillapuddin

Just got my 100%

Mission Play time
Normal / Hard
14 Hr / 7 Hr

Missions Completed
28 / 23

I will for sure continue to go for the no weapon trials!

I know the price is soo "controversial", but as an MGS enthusiast, there couldnt be money more well spent. Will most likely end up with 30~ hours playtime, and a dollar an hour is pretty damn good to me.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Where is the bald guy with the second tape in the undercover operative mission?

rekameohs

Banned
Phew, just picked up The Legacy Collection up at Walmart for $50. Seems to be the last place that hasn't shot way up in price, so it'll probably be happening any day now. I won't be able to play for a little while, but I'm ready to finally get started on this series soon, since I've never played one before. Then I'll be ready for MGS5!

Phew, just picked up The Legacy Collection up at Walmart for $50. Seems to be the last place that hasn't shot way up in price, so it'll probably be happening any day now. I won't be able to play for a little while, but I'm ready to finally get started on this series soon, since I've never played one before. Then I'll be ready for MGS5!

Just make sure you play them in release order.

1, 2, 3, 4, PW.

Ignore the MSX games unless you feel like it after finishing all the others.

rekameohs

Banned
Just make sure you play them in release order.

1, 2, 3, 4, PW.

Ignore the MSX games unless you feel like it after finishing all the others.

Oh, definitely.

I seem to remember playing a tiny bit of MGS1 on a friends' PS1, but I really know absolutely nothing going in. I like stealth though, and this is the king of that genre, plus I had heard that the Legacy Collection was going out of print, so it was time to pounce on that offer.

TheSeks

Where is the bald guy with the second tape in the undercover operative mission?

Where Paz is located. Hang a left and in front of the "boilers." This is also where the Maoi scene for Deja Vu is.

Oh, definitely.

I seem to remember playing a tiny bit of MGS1 on a friends' PS1, but I really know absolutely nothing going in. I like stealth though, and this is the king of that genre, plus I had heard that the Legacy Collection was going out of print, so it was time to pounce on that offer.

You did good. It's like $80 on Amazon right now.

Konami are idiots. Should've done more prints to go with the MGSV hype.

depward

Dude! Was like "Walmart?" And just checked - a store nearby has it in stock! Been looking for a copy at a reasonable price for awhile. Thanks!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Where Paz is located. Hang a left and in front of the "boilers." This is also where the Maoi scene for Deja Vu is.

I actually triggered an alarm and found him near the start of the mission lol.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
One thing that bugs me, why don't the guards speak, they mumble and we get subtitles but they don't speak, it was like that in PW, but they did in MGS3 so this seems like a step backwards to me
Also the guards don't seem threatened by where you point the gun anymore, disappointing
And Solid Snake seems to be more advanced in CQC then Big Boss in this.
Also as people have pointed out, the alert system is fucked
One guy sees you and the whole base knows, in MGS2 and 3 they had to radio it in, and you could stop them by taking them or the radio out before they get a chance or taking out the radio before hand.

A guy has to radio it in for the whole base to know. The problem is that the guy is psychic or has superhuman senses.
But while I've been up in a tower with a sniper rifle I've seen one of the radio guys identifying himself and starting to give an alert and shot him in the head mid-sentence.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Does this game have cassette tape related bugs? Seems like stuff doesn't unlock sometimes. First playthrough I think I was supposed to get cassette tape 3 for saving chico but I didnt and had to replay gz mission. And I'm supposed to get cassette tape 4 from saving the pow in the anti-air gun mission no? Did that but nothing...

Ugh...or am I not doing something right?

Hm okay. I've been googling around and a lot of people seem to be having similar problems. Weird that this feature ended up being so confusing, you'd think it would be pretty straight-forward. Hope they refine it a bit and make it more clear.

If you just press the share button to bring up the menu is that all you have to do to save a video locally? Or is there another step?

No, the video recording feature is just buggy, a lot of people have this same problem. You see the correct screenshot in the thumb nail, but the video is from something like 30 minutes ago. This is a relatively common problem and I've mentioned it to Sony's developer's but I'm not entirely sure what will happen.

I found it very funny when the guy driving the jeep hits the guard in front of the gate you begin the game. It happened quite a few times

AKyemeni

Slight nitpick:

I hate the fact that the last hit of the CQC combo has the same sound effect has a headshot with a silenced rifle.

I hope they change that.

cackhyena

I do like that crunch sound with a head shot, though. Pretty satisfying. Still need to go on an all stealth/kill run. I was surprised, last night I spent just under an hour getting all the patches and near the end, running out of tranqs, so I killed like 6 guys. A few reflexes used as well, since I didn't care...just wanted the patches. Still ended up with an A rank on that run.

cackhyena

Good lord that was a rampage. I wish you could watch top of the leader boards replays like the Trials games let you do. Would love to know how people are going even faster than you.

Vitor711

One thing that bugs me, why don't the guards speak, they mumble and we get subtitles but they don't speak, it was like that in PW, but they did in MGS3 so this seems like a step backwards to me
Also the guards don't seem threatened by where you point the gun anymore, disappointing
And Solid Snake seems to be more advanced in CQC then Big Boss in this.
Also as people have pointed out, the alert system is fucked
One guy sees you and the whole base knows, in MGS2 and 3 they had to radio it in, and you could stop them by taking them or the radio out before they get a chance or taking out the radio before hand.

Why the hell would they change the radio thing? That was my favourite part of MGS2. MGS FREAKIN' TWO.

I hate having omniscient enemies in stealth games, it really just ruins things for me and forces the whole 'quick save/checkpoint' abuse as penalties for getting spotted always outweigh the 'fun' of disappearing again.

I really wish a stealth game could make being spotted/escape an integral part of the game and circumvent the whole perfectionist nature without making you feel incompetent as the hero. Dishonored tried and failed and I'm kind of getting bored of having to trial and error my way through every major stealth release.

I can't believe I double dipped but I did. I guess I just need my MGS fix... It also helps that I had a credit.

I'll try to play both the One and PS4 versions back to back, so that I can compare the two for myself.

Top Bottom