• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

cackhyena

I tried to get Chico tape 7, I thought you just had to
extract the POW that was in Paz's cell during the Anti-Air mission
. I escaped with him and it didn't unlock anything. was i supposed to put him on the chopper by himself first or something like that?

Did you blow up the anti air emplacements? I think you have to officially finish the mission. Not sure, as it's the last tape I have to get as well.

Chairhome

Did you blow up the anti air emplacements? I think you have to officially finish the mission. Not sure, as it's the last tape I have to get as well.

I did. I completed the entire mission, ran out with the POW. It was pretty hard (on hard). Was expecting to see it in the rewards screen at the end, but nothing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally got 100%. S ranked the Intel Operative Rescue mission. You can shoot/kill the jeep drivers and it will not register as a kill. Ok so bring on TPP. Im guessing 2016, Novemberish.

What about just ignoring the ones that you can't stun pistol fast enough?

I know I can land about 4-5 of them. But the one driving near Koji near the bridge and slamming into a barrel is the one I'm not sure if it fucks me over or not.

Lyonaz

Played some more GZ after a week of Reaper of Souls and did most of the extra missions. I had an amazingly fun time.
There are so many different ways to do a mission, I'm gonna try to S-rank them all.

Is there something special when you 100% the game?

SJRB

Gold Member
Played some more GZ after a week of Reaper of Souls and did most of the extra missions. I had an amazingly fun time.
There are so many different ways to do a mission, I'm gonna try to S-rank them all.

Is there something special when you 100% the game?

If you make a screenshot of the 100% and tweet it to Kojima, there's a 1 in 54329 chance he'll retweet it.

cackhyena

I'm just really hoping if he insists on having your buds on communications constantly chatter in your ear, that you can hit a button to stop them. If GZ is any indication, I'll wanna play parts of the game an absurd amount of times over. I don't need Miller's verbal diarrhea the entire time.

I'm just really hoping if he insists on having your buds on communications constantly chatter in your ear, that you can hit a button to stop them. If GZ is any indication, I'll wanna play parts of the game an absurd amount of times over. I don't need Miller's verbal diarrhea the entire time.

This should be one of the things to fix, yes.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Damn, its so annoying. I want to try my first walkthrough without getting spotted and always when I am in the final part of the mission I reload the mission and not the control point -,-

Of course I cant blame the game, but this happened now three times and I start beginning to pause the game for a week or something like this...

Beside this, its a really great game with a very nice mechanic. My only problem is Kiefer Sutherlands performance, it always sounds very mechanic...

Anyway, great game and I am really excited for TPP.

This game's been on my mind all day here at work. Gonna play the hell out of it tonight and work on technique.

Can't fucking wait to start getting into speed-run territory.

Erigu

THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!!!!!
Come on localization team how the hell did you let that slide, probably Kojima cutting their balls off and forcing a 1:1 translation regardless of how dumb it sounds in english.
You don't seriously think that fiddle expression exists as is in Japanese, do you?

valkyre

I really hope, and i know a lot of people will jugde me for saying this, that Kojima throws most of his resources towards the next gen consoles for TPP...

While GZ looks amazing it really has a lot of last gen "roughness" along with it.

-The textures (especially some rock formations) need a lot of work. It is kinda unacceptable to be playing on PS4 and yet to witness textures that are ugly even by PS3 standards.
-Also the pop in issue while not as grave as the last gen versions is still here and it should be improved.
-And that collision detection thing... There are major issues when it comes to this. Try laying on your back and watch the sniper rifle go in the ground as well as your main rifle stand up like .... It just looks stupid.

It is an amazing game and TPP has all the right stuff to become one of the best games ever, but these minor issues should be fixed for next gen systems. Fox Engine is cool but Kojima really needs to focus on next gen systems. Hopefully the so far much better sales of GZ for PS4 help to make this happen.

Again sorry to all ps360 users but lets be frank, TPP will be released when both PS4 and ONE will Be on the market for 1 maybe even 2 years... I think it will be a reasonable time to upgrade or to shift focus there.

So I just S ranked the final mission I had left to S rank and...Didn't get the ZoE casette tape from doing so. I got the Hero achievement but not the ZoE casette tape, which is the last tape I needed to get the achievement for getting all the casette tapes. Any ideas?

cackhyena

Huh, just looked it up and all it says for getting the tape is beating every mission on hard mode. Even easier than s ranking. Not sure why that wouldn't do it for you.

JayEH

So I just S ranked the final mission I had left to S rank and...Didn't get the ZoE casette tape from doing so. I got the Hero achievement but not the ZoE casette tape, which is the last tape I needed to get the achievement for getting all the casette tapes. Any ideas?

You need to beat all missions on hard.

oldmario

In the rescue mission if you stun an enemy at a high and they fall to ground and die does it count as a kill? trophy is starting to drive me nuts and i can't just stun the guy at the end and not have him flop out and die

figured it out, i was blowing up the anti-air thing which had a guy in, i thought it was automatic which is why i didn't know there would be a guy on it

Betty

Banned
In the rescue mission if you stun an enemy at a high and they fall to ground and die does it count as a kill? trophy is starting to drive me nuts and i can't just stun the guy at the end and not have him flop out and die

I hit the guy in the chopper at the end with a stun round and even though he fell it didn't count as a kill. Make sure when you destroy the APC you don't accidentally kill any nearby soldiers with your rocket launcher shots.

Ishida

Banned
I really hope, and i know a lot of people will jugde me for saying this, that Kojima throws most of his resources towards the next gen consoles for TPP...

While GZ looks amazing it really has a lot of last gen "roughness" along with it.

-The textures (especially some rock formations) need a lot of work. It is kinda unacceptable to be playing on PS4 and yet to witness textures that are ugly even by PS3 standards.
-Also the pop in issue while not as grave as the last gen versions is still here and it should be improved.
-And that collision detection thing... There are major issues when it comes to this. Try laying on your back and watch the sniper rifle go in the ground as well as your main rifle stand up like .... It just looks stupid.

It is an amazing game and TPP has all the right stuff to become one of the best games ever, but these minor issues should be fixed for next gen systems. Fox Engine is cool but Kojima really needs to focus on next gen systems. Hopefully the so far much better sales of GZ for PS4 help to make this happen.

Again sorry to all ps360 users but lets be frank, TPP will be released when both PS4 and ONE will Be on the market for 1 maybe even 2 years... I think it will be a reasonable time to upgrade or to shift focus there.

I own the PS3 version, and there's a graphic glitch that always takes me out of the immersion during cutscenes. For example, during the scene on the attack to Mother Base, the outlines of character models distort in a very weird way, like some kind of extreme jaggies.

Even though I overall like the look of MGSV I find it to be extremely inconsistent when compared to the rest of the games on the series. That dithering is TERRIBLE, and the constant pop in of both textures and geometry looks really bad.

So I just beat all the missions on hard for my final casette tape and didn't get the achievement. I got the casette tape, but not the achievement. Reviewed my list and I do indeed have them all so I don't know what the problem is.

So is who here is still complaining about reflex mode and the marking system. It works so naturally for this game that I cant imagine it without it. Reflex I have turned off for S ranks but I already know where most people are by then so its not a big deal. A first run would be extremely annoying without it. The game is designed with it in mind and it seems to work well in the context of the game. It also allows for some great hand to hand moments as if you have reflex off and you get spotted for a split second an alarm goes off, which is bullshit. But with reflex you can catch a guard unaware and quickly grab or beat the crap out of him before the alarm hits which is much more realistic.

Ishida

Banned
if you have reflex off and you get spotted for a split second an alarm goes off, which is bullshit. But with reflex you can catch a guard unaware and quickly grab or beat the crap out of him before the alarm hits which is much more realistic.

This is exactly why radio calling needs to come back, and Reflex Mode needs to go away.

Zen

Banned
RE Low quality assets. That is how you really push a system further in the generation, you figure out how to make lower quality things look better and better by focusing attention on key elements to mask it. ne of my room mates came by and I was playing the game, she asked if the PS4 version looks better and I said yeah, she said that was mind blowing to her.

The game uses what could be considered the worst environmental assets in the mainline series, relative to when it has all come out, but the attention to detail on the art side, particularly the lighting (and quality of the principle models and how closely focused the camera is) etc, really makes up for it when the image comes together. You do not even need to worry about the framey ness on current gen as much because of the type of game Metal Gear is, were as the kind of frame rate hitching in most other games would be considering a big issue.

Ishida

Banned
No. Reflex is fun. It provides another way to play. Radio does need to come back, though.

To be honest, I think it would be redundant. Radio calling is pretty much Reflex Mode but without the slowdown. Get spotted, you have just one second to take care of the guard until he calls the radio.

cackhyena

To be honest, I think it would be redundant. Radio calling is pretty much Reflex Mode but without the slowdown. Get spotted, you have just one second to take care of the guard until he calls the radio.
And watch how you never ever hit the guy when he's eighty yards out calling it in. The way the rules of this game work compared to previous ones, where the spaces are that much more open, and the vision of the enemy isn't pathetically low, there should be a compensation for when you are caught. You aren't doing anything but reloading if the guy is too far away but spots you anyway. Reflex gives you a chance...even if the radio is added back.

And I'm talking for someone who isn't going for that ultra stealth, never run, always check your six a million times type player. It's the very reason they added it in.

mattp

i want the radio to come back as well
sometimes the guards wouldn't call for backup right away and they'd try and take care of you on their own. it was a little random

i liked that

Honestly reflex mode has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of GZ. I did S rank runs without it and did runs without being spotted all that. But I really feel having it makes the game more fun and less frustrating. If someone spots you for a split second in real life do they have time to make a radio call before you CQC them a second later? No they dont. GZ finally plays the way a stealth game always should have played and I love the new formula. It provides flexibility and opens up a variety of play styles which is important.

Salaadin

Very pleased to see that this was still possible

BkvnwkDIQAAEMFj.jpg

Salaadin

I was being pretty cruel with it. Plant one of a live guard, cause a distraction so CP would tell them all to check it out, detonate the C4 And take out an entire squad at once.

It's also hilarious to do from a distance overlooking the base because you see 10 exclamation points appear at once when they hear the explosion.

valkyre

I really hope that as per the tradition of MGS, Big Boss will have a lot of gadgets/toys to play around with. I am only saying this cause with the new direction (which i love) aiming for more realism, i hope the whole gadget thing wont be nerfed.

cackhyena

I was being pretty cruel with it. Plant one of a live guard, cause a distraction so CP would tell them all to check it out, detonate the C4 And take out an entire squad at once.

It's also hilarious to do from a distance overlooking the base because you see 10 exclamation points appear at once when they hear the explosion.
Ha! I'll have to experiment more.

Hadn't seen or thought of trying this hairy of an extraction before. S Rank none the less.
http://youtu.be/TDQEFMxyfhs

Yeah, this guy is pretty alright.
http://youtu.be/losiUB4NG0E

SJRB

Gold Member
Offtopic but interesting for most fans: MGS HD collection [MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker] for PS3 is currently 13 euros on PSN. Absolute steal for that price. Requires a beastly 30 GB though, I had to delete my entire gaming catalogue sans GTAV and Dark Souls II to make room.

Be sure to look for the HD collection, Peace Walker HD on its own is also around 12 euros. Don't buy the wrong thing by accident.

krioto

This game is so much fun - and looks great on PS4.
It's inspired me to go on an MGS binge.

I'm now playing MGS2 as well on Vita, then MGS3 and then Peacewalker.

I've only played MGS2 and MGS4 before, so am looking forward to it.

Top Bottom