• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Spaghetti

AKyemeni

Since we can import music to be our helicopter theme, what music will you guys assign to the helicopter?

Don't have any music on my PS3 yet.

SJRB

Gold Member
Since we can import music to be our helicopter theme, what music will you guys assign to the helicopter?

Don't have any music on my PS3 yet.

Is it even confirmed that we can still do this? It seems the helicopter mechanic changed quite a bit from its initial reveal. We could drop a smoke signal and the helicopter would come in, but now it seems you can only call it to pre-determined locations on the map.

Not to mention the PS4 doesn't support mp3-format as of yet.

Woo hoo, got mine. It's on sale everywhere in Hong Kong

13184469914_61cc9a9674_b_d.jpg
Amazing box art wow

AKyemeni

Is it even confirmed that we can still do this? It seems the helicopter mechanic changed quite a bit from its initial reveal. We could drop a smoke signal and the helicopter would come in, but now it seems you can only call it to pre-determined locations on the map.

Not to mention the PS4 doesn't support mp3-format as of yet.
Well, it works on my PS3.

GravyButt

So ive been staying out of all MGS threads because I dont want any spoilers, but I must ask, do we know when the mgs ps4 will go up on the psn store? Also, do we get any preorder bonuses for it?

SJRB

Gold Member
So ive been staying out of all MGS threads because I dont want any spoilers, but I must ask, do we know when the mgs ps4 will go up on the psn store? Also, do we get any preorder bonuses for it?

PS4 digital will go up on launch day, whenever Sony decides to flip the switch. No pre-order bonusses whatsoever.

GravyButt

PS4 digital will go up on launch day, whenever Sony decides to flip the switch. No pre-order bonusses whatsoever.

Thats really disappointing. Guess Ill pick up the physical copy then. Really not helping their digital cause by doing stuff like this.

Ridley327

It's literally impossible to be more gritty than Hayter's performance.

Seriously. I feel bad for anyone who played MGS4 and Peace Walker with headphones, because Hayter's performance in both is likely to have gravel being spat into your ears and pelting your brain.

GravyButt

In a press release sent to VG247 today, Konami confirmed that the Mother Base format is central to Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and that Ground Zeroes pre-order customers will receive DLC codes for bonus staff inside the game box, while digital editions will grant access the content automatically once you load up The Phantom Pain. The codes also unlock undisclosed bonus items.
http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/06/mgs-5-ground-zeroes-pre-orders-include-bonus-mother-base-staff-for-phantom-pain-idroid-app-detailed/

So wait, is that the only preorder bonus? I thought it was bonus missions? Like I said, ive been on a total blackout on this. I have $100 in psn credit, so buying it digitally makes a lot of sense, plus knowing me, Ill beat it and trade it in, only to want to play it a few months later. Bah guess maybe someone can inform me of the preorder bonuses so I can actually decide.

Oh my god, Paz's 5th diary recording. LMAO WTF?

Kojima went full-perv on this, it seems.

Also really disappointed by the fact that virtually the entire original voice cast is here, including
the voice actor who does Otacon
, and yet...no Hayter.

Spaghetti

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/06/mgs-5-ground-zeroes-pre-orders-include-bonus-mother-base-staff-for-phantom-pain-idroid-app-detailed/

So wait, is that the only preorder bonus? I thought it was bonus missions? Like I said, ive been on a total blackout on this. I have $100 in psn credit, so buying it digitally makes a lot of sense, plus knowing me, Ill beat it and trade it in, only to want to play it a few months later. Bah guess maybe someone can inform me of the preorder bonuses so I can actually decide.
the pre-order stuff is mother base staff for use in the phantom pain.

i think it comes as a code? i dunno.

Ridley327

I think that people have said that the code comes inside the box, so I imagine that it'll be available in all copies of the first run, at the least.

Oh my god,
Paz's 5th diary
recording
. LMAO WTF?

Kojima
went full-perv on this
, it seems.

Also really disappointed by the fact that virtually the entire
original voice cast is here, including
, and yet..
.no Hayter
Dude, keep this outta here, especially if you are not going to spoiler it properly.

Raynes

Oh my god, Paz's 5th diary recording. LMAO WTF?

Kojima went full-perv on this, it seems.

Also really disappointed by the fact that virtually the entire original voice cast is here, including
, and yet...no Hayter.

Prick!

it's ok, these guys need to relax.
No it's not okay. It's not a huge deal, and wasn't intentional but it's still a spoiler regardless. If you want to discuss story spoilers go to the specific thread for it. You may not care, fine, but don't say that people need to relax if they do care as you come off as an asshole.
That was NOT an intentional spoiler and I am SO fucking sorry guys!
You were only a couple of spoiler tags away from doing it right too. Oh well, doesn't seem too big a spoiler at all even if I'd like to have discovered this on my own.

Betty

Banned
I wasn't even aware he was talking about Ground Zeroes,
I thought he was referring to Peace Walker's diary tapes. It's not like we didn't know that those things were in GZ anyway.

cant trust hayter fans, they have to ruin everything for everyone.
i still think Hayter will be in the game.

No it's not okay. It's not a huge deal, and wasn't intentional but it's still a spoiler regardless. If you want to discuss story spoilers go to the specific thread for it. You may not care, fine, but don't say that people need to relax if they do care as you come off as an asshole.

no, you're the one coming off as an asshole right now, just so you know. relax.

teknix

Neo Member
Is it possible that when TPP comes out it might retail for like 69.99 or even 79.99 for the next gen releases? If the backlash isn't strong enough from GZ's price, maybe they might be bold enough to try it.

They did back off from the $40 for the retail box, but TPP is going to be 200x the size of GZ, so....

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is it possible that when TPP comes out it might retail for like 69.99 or even 79.99 for the next gen releases? If the backlash isn't strong enough from GZ's price, maybe they might be bold enough to try it.

They did back off from the $40 for the retail box, but TPP is going to be 200x the size of GZ, so....

200x the size of a single area with 1 mission in it isn't saying a whole lot.

It just sounds like way more than it actually is.

And no, I doubt Konami are that stupid. GTAV is the biggest open world game at the moment and I highly doubt that TPP will even come close to matching that, and that still sold for only 60.

teknix

Neo Member

After hearing Keifer's performance in GZ, I was impressed and it grew on me quickly. This coming from a Hayter fan that was holding out hope he'd be in GZ.

I think Hayter fans are tied to it more for nostalgic reasons than for performance reasons. The inflection in Keifer's voice along with the next gen facial animations convey a battered solider like I've never heard from Snake before.

But to Hayter's credit the voice may seem a bit over the top now, but he said that for MGS1 on PSX, There was no facial animations or expressions really (a few pixels for the eyes nose and lips) so the voice had to convey the emotions and may seem a bit much now.

People are simply upset because Hayter's voice has been established as the voice for well over a decade. When you're so used to something you don't even really mind the actual performance. It's just a cemented part of Solid Snake.

I don't mind Sutherland doing Big Boss, but if somehow they did another game with Solid Snake, I would need Hayter back. It would simply be far too jarring for me-- unless I really grow into Keifer during Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain, and he can somehow mimic Hayter's "color."

I would trust that Keifer would think "I'm playing a different Snake, an established Snake, so let me go over what's been established and perhaps try to find a meeting point."

Top Bottom