• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Gaz_RB

Story question:

I didn't play Peace Walker but I watched it on YouTube, and if I remember correctly
Paz turns out to be a triple agent in the end and she betrays MSF and tries to steal Metal Gear Zeke, then she's defeated and thing is plunged into the ocean
, right?

So why is she captured in GZ
by [I'm assuming] the people she was working for? And why does Snake and co want to rescue her?

you find out in the first cutscene of this game. She is found by a fisherman, still alive, and now Snake and CO want to find her so she can't further compromise them. She was working for Cipher, and she is being held just by the US government.

Story question:

I didn't play Peace Walker but I watched it on YouTube, and if I remember correctly
Paz turns out to be a triple agent in the end and she betrays MSF and tries to steal Metal Gear Zeke, then she's defeated and thing is plunged into the ocean
, right?

by [I'm assuming] the people she was working for? And why does Snake and co want to rescue her?

If you read the backstory in GZ (from the main menu), it mentions that her diary entries (which you can also read in Peace Walker) flesh out her story, and that she was actually conflicted and torn about her loyalties. Cipher determined that she was betraying them, and thus moved to capture her and find out what she knows.

DieH@rd

Banned
Story question:

, right?

In her PW tapes it is clearly shown that he has become
sympathetic to the MSF cause and that she wanted to betray Cypher. At the end of the secred ending she survived, but she talked in tapes if Cyper ever caught her she would suffer greatly.

Alienous

Story question:

, right?

Skull Face isn't the person she worked for, he's just masquerading as being part of the organization that Paz worked for (it's complicated. He works for Cipher, but to his own ends). And Kaz wants her silenced, it looks like Snake wants to help her.

Skull Face isn't the person she worked for, he's just masquerading as being part of the organization that Paz worked for (it's complicated. He works for Cipher, but to his own ends). And Kaz wants her silenced, it looks like Snake wants to help her.

No,
both want to use her to get info on Cipher

Konami do this for remote play:
oerlnx.png

The only compromise is changing the zoom level when using binoculars (and it is a small inconvenience), but even this is 10000x better than anything you can put on the back touch.

Ideally you'd put dash on circle and map the pick up button to touchscreen.

What about driving tho? edit: I guess it would be x and square.

kmax

Loved the trailer, contemplating picking up, has konami said if they plan on adding additional dlc missions e.t.c to keep people coming back? That might sway my decision more as what they have here seems pretty barebones.

Kojima said that his team is focused on The Phantom Pain, so there's no DLC in the works. The main priority right now is getting the main game out the door.

zlatko

Banned
I give it 2 weeks tops to bomba down to $20.00.

I'll buy it later on, but at this price? No way.

I've bought systems for Metal Gear---bought PS4 for MGS5 down the line. PS3 for MGS4. Bought PSP for peace walker. Bought PS2 for MGS2/FFX.

This however I can't support. Sorry.

I have a line of being bent over, and this is it. Poor decision on Kojima and all involved. Should've just been a $5.00 demo for pre ordering the phantom pain, similar to how beta's come with pre ordering something like Destiny.

Japan is so out of touch with the west economy it's insane.

This is really, really damn good. Amazing visuals and the gameplay is as good as ever. I can see myself putting a lot of time into this. The price for me is easily justified and then some. Metal Gear has always been the go to game for dicking around IMO and this is no exception.

With the impressive visuals, the rain, the 60fps, it's like playing MGS2's demo for the first time again. That's a great thing.

Doing the first mission in the Mother Base iPhone app isn't getting me gold bars needed to build stuff. All I am getting is coins. As a result, I can't progress. Anyone else?

MormaPope

Banned
Finished it.

Really digging the pacing for story stuff, brisk and clean, a lot less rambling and drawn out conversations. The last cutscene might be my favorite in the series.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Is the difference between ps3 and ps4 version that big?

teknix

Neo Member
Can you imagine the person who hasn't been following the game news and goes and sees MGS V on a shelf, takes it home, and plays for about 2 hours then sees credits roll. Then they yell out "Kojima played me like a fiddle!!!!"

R-User!

Amazon swamped; "shipping soon"; got a $10 credit; PS4 game now in my "justifiably priced" $20 sweet spot; all according to keikaku!

iPhone post

Betty

Banned
Just completed the main story and yeah, I thought it was pretty spectacular.

The 60fps, 1080p visuals were just the best, I was worried they'd hurt the cinimatics after a poster gave some negative feedback about them, but the fidelity & crispness of everything on display was just great.

Still yet to fully grasp every move in Snake's arsenal, but this is the most confident it's ever felt controlling the character, and the most fun.

The biggest surprise was how well I thought Kiefer Sutherland portrayed Big Boss, he was really good, I mean really, really good. All his inflections were spot on and he felt more authoritative and grizzled as a result. When Hayter was passed over I was majorly depressed at the change, but Kiefer is simply a better Big Boss.
I still want Hayter back as Solid Snake one day though and hate the way they handled his departure.

My one and only complaint right now is the clipping that occurs when Snake is running while carrying someone, his right arm goes straight through the person's model and it's really distracting. All in all though I really enjoyed what I've played so far and can easily see myself get my money's worth from this.

Gaz_RB

The 60fps, 1080p visuals were just the best, I was worried they'd hurt the cinimatics after a poster gave some negative feedback about them, but the fidelity & crispness of everything on display was just great.

Still yet to fully grasp every move in Snake's arsenal, but this is the most confident it's ever felt controlling the character, and the most fun.

The biggest surprise was how well I thought Kiefer Sutherland portrayed Big Boss, he was really good, I mean really, really good. All his inflections were spot on and he felt more authoritative and grizzled as a result. When Hayter was passed over I was majorly depressed at the change, but Kiefer is simply a better Big Boss.
I still want Hayter back as Solid Snake one day though and hate the way they handled his departure.

My one and only complaint right now is the clipping that occurs when Snake is running while carrying someone, his right arm goes straight through the person's model and it's really distracting. All in all though I really enjoyed what I've played so far and can easily see myself get my money's worth from this.

I second this. Kiefer killed it.

NyMartin

Banned
My one and only complaint right now is the clipping that occurs when Snake is running while carrying someone, his right arm goes straight through the person's model and it's really distracting.

I saw that too, its much more noticeable in the daytime missions, would've thought that wouldn't be a problem with fox engine

benzy

This game is way more addicting than I could've imagined, and it's just a demo. The gameplay is a considerable step up from previous games.

rvy

Banned

Why does it say 80 hours?

What the fuck are you doing in Camp Omega, bro?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Goddamnit amazon still stuck on shipping now.

Time to complain

MormaPope

Banned
Big Boss Kiefer + Miller is better than Snake + Otacon.

God damn Kiefer has so much range and emotion compared to Hayter. Hayter as Solid/Naked Snake has thee modes, stressed out/panicking, wise cracks, and inquisitive. Kiefer makes Big Boss feel more like a real person and less like a icon.

Blablurn

Big Boss Kiefer + Miller is better than Snake + Otacon.

God damn Kiefer has so much range and emotion compared to Hayter. Hayter as Solid/Naked Snake has thee modes, stressed out/panicking, wise cracks, and inquisitive. Kiefer makes Big Boss feel more like a real person and less like a icon.

yeah, there was some stagnation with david hayter. he was good. but i dont mind hearing kiefer now. as you said, makes solid snake look more like a real person.

Top Bottom