• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

george_us

Oh man that was incredible. I had to look away at "that" part though. I was skeptical about some of the new gameplay features but they work like a dream here. The devs captured the perfect balance between weighty and responsive controls. 2015 is going to be a long, long wait man. First time since MGS4 I'm this hyped for a Metal Gear game.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This was shorter than I possibly imagined :/ It was indeed audacious to price it how they did. Many stores around here are selling this for $45... Jesus.

The game itself is interesting though. It may we'll be worth a few replays... But damn.

Arklite

That Peace Walker chopper theme sounds so good flying in. New controls scheme is smooth and convenient, though I wish you could do a knock-out-to-body-carry in one move like Chaos Theory.Also, surprised the guards don't actually voice anything when interrogated. They took the MGS3 approach when I was, again, expecting something like Chaos Theory interrogations.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It would look mind blowing if it didn't have to run on PS3 and 360, and to a lesser extent Xbone. It still looks good on PS4, but I really hope Phantom Pain ditches last gen.

Yeah, there's that, but the locked framerate and resolution really do help.

isual

beat it in one hour flat.

Full on stealth, no kill all KO.

A rank mostly.

hopefully the sidemissions are good enough that it warrants my 30 USD purchase..

calder

Pretty fucking ace. Can't believe how jacked it's made me for TPP. One playthrough, no kills, got a B.

All the good gameplay of previous MGS games, with a lot of the annoying old control shit sorted out. And the story is classic batshit crazy Kojima, just let the sheer insanity and 20 years of creaky continuity wash over you and be reborn as a Peace Walker disciple. Paz? IAEA? Cipher? MSF? XOF? Whatever you say you magnificent bastard, I'll re-up.

Looks pretty great on PS4, loved the sound too.

I downloaded the game on my ps3, but I can't hear people's voices in the intro cutscene or on the radio. In the ending cutscene I could hear voices though. Similar thing happened with Remember Me after downloading it through ps+. I couldn't hear the radio calls between characters.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
On gripe I have: Kaz is as annoying as Otacon was in 4.

Constantly talking into your earpiece.

A good deal of the reason I play MGS is for story, but not that kind of non-skippable dialogue.

_Isaac

I haven't finished it yet, but it's fun stuff so far. I really struggle rolling though. It's awkward having to push down L3 and go to the side at the same time.

Quality aside, is the backlash over $30 for so little content going to hurt the sales of TPP? This whole thing seems like an incredibly dumb move PR-wise.

Fjordson

Beautiful.

*big boss salute*

Keifer sucked. Sorry but this better be a ruse by Kojima and Hayter is in Phantom Pain because this was just a pathetic mailed in performance from Keifer. And I love Keifer otherwise but this was not good.
Yeah. Maybe Hayter is back as Snake or some clone in Phantom Pain and Kiefer is Big Boss :lol believe!

Added this guy to the collection...

13257513125_b6023f7a74_b.jpg
Damn, beautiful collection.

Tohsaka

Just got an e-mail from Amazon notifying me that my "guaranteed release date delivery" was pushed back to Thursday. I really wish I hadn't forgotten to cancel my Prime membership, they've been getting consistently worse about actually getting me games on release date the past couple months.

They really shouldn't have shown the entire opening cutscene before launch.

So much this. Not just the cutscene, they showed EVERYTHING from this game in the trailers and the lead up to it. I mean I know Kojima likes his long trailers, but they spoiled the hell out of this one. Imagine how much more impact the (post mission)
Paz scene would have had if it hadn't been shown in their red band trailer. But I had seen it already and knew it was coming.

They even played through a good half of the mission at events. Insane.

I really hope they put the reins on the trailers for TPP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I haven't finished it yet, but it's fun stuff so far. I really struggle rolling though. It's awkward having to push down L3 and go to the side at the same time.

Agreed. I dunno if Shooter controls fix it, but Action A is just bad having it mapped to that. :/

nbthedude

I came home and found a PS4 waiting for me as a surprise gift. I don't have money for two games for it but I'm thinking of maybe buying this tomorrow, playing it, then trading it in on Friday for Infinite Second Son.

Slime

Banned
Anyone else having trouble connecting? Keep getting a "network error" screen that says the game will "begin in offline mode" when I start the game up. Kind of wanted to try out the app.

Whoa, didn't know the 360 version had the import music option.

Time to combine Cowboy Bebop with MGS.
I found some OC Remix songs to use. Certain DOOM II songs in particular and Deus Ex songs worked very well as they fit the sneaking gameplay very well.

Yes. Was the same in PW too.
Otacon's VA is like this series' Q now, he and his Cold War counterpart are among the few long time characters that hasn't had a voice actor replacement somewhere down the road.

isual

Here's the thing, a demo is a section of a game. When we play the TPP, this wont be there. All of those examples you gave, when i played the full game I would have to play the demo section too, this wont be the case.

I'll be fucking pissed if they add this on The phantom pain.

they probably will.

fucking konami

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
What's the consensus on the control scheme? I started on Shooter A, but may change. What do you like?

The default seems plenty good to me.

Controls are fairly easy to get used to in this one, except for maybe grabbing weapons and dropping/picking bodies being tied to one button.

Running full speed with a body on your back isn't very realistic but I hope they keep it that way.

The helicopter call in time needs to be reduced a bit though. Takes too long.

I think I need to get Peace Walker. Who the hell is Paz? Who is Chico? Does Big Boss have a nuke? Has he taken over a secret island? Who is XOF?

I missed something. I was playing, I quit after rescuing
Chico
cause I had some stuff to do.

I really, really like it. Controls are brilliant. Visuals are nice. What is that music that plays if you get caught while
rescuing Paz?
It's great action music.

Kiefer Sutherland is awesome though. Already like his voice better than Hayter's for Big Boss.

MormaPope

Banned
Good taste dude, but it's all about

With this on infinite loop during the mission I'm invincible(Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake theme): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpIjT-LhNwg

As for Cowboy Bebop the female version of Rain is my helicopter song.

Running full speed with a body on your back isn't very realistic but I hope they keep it that way.

The helicopter call in time needs to be reduced a bit though. Takes too long.

The sprint in general is insanely fast, Big Boss is in fantastic shape. I imagine the levels being much larger in Phantom Pain have something to do with that. Also with the helicopter time I imagine once people/we get good enough at the game we'll be able to call it in ahead of time. Knowing how long it'll take to get to that position, which path to take, ect..

Shin-Ra

I think the Xbox One to 360 to ps3 to ps4 comparison thing was screwy because the game doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it did in those screens and videos, the bone screens seemed washed out, and that's not the case here.
The GameTrailers low bitrate 60fps video comparison made all versions more smeary and washed out than they really are without the video compression. The Xbone version wasn't unfairly compromised in comparison to the other versions in that respect.

It's strange little feeling seeing a video you captured get linked to on gaf for the first time.
I can't stop watching the poncho.

Baby Milo

with all the controversy surrounding the game i have to admit i'm still really impressed with everything im seeing

Love Jack Bauer as well

I'm rewatching the Shagohod fight from Snake Eater.

Okay, someone explain why EVA and Ocelot are shooting at each other in this chase. Ocelot doesn't know that EVA is a triple agent for the Chinese. They're both American double agents, right? Ocelot is ADAM.

FiraB

Banned
49.36minutes, rank S with two retries, saving those prisoners bumped up my rank.

Love the controls, so god damn good. Not quite so sure on the voice acting as it was pretty limited, except miller...wheres that option to disable! Overall pumped for TTP, it shows how much potential the actual game will have.

MormaPope

Banned
I'm rewatching the Shagohod fight from Snake Eater.

Okay, someone explain why EVA and Ocelot are shooting at each other in this chase. Ocelot doesn't know that EVA is a triple agent for the Chinese. They're both American double agents, right? Ocelot is ADAM.

Uh, Ocelot never thinks EVA is working for the United States, he suspects that she's either a double or triple agent right away.

Rojo

When i tried to sync the android app to my ps4 it says that it its not the same account when it is, did this happen to anyone else?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just finished the main mission. The real Metal Gear Solid V is gonna be so amazing. Also, I liked Sutherland's voice for Big Boss - I just wish they had done it sooner, like in MGS3. I hate continuity issues like that and I think Hayter voicing Solid Snake and Sutherland voicing Big Boss would have been a pretty good idea. I think Sutherland's voice fits Big Boss' character, but Hayter will always be Solid Snake at least.

Top Bottom