• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Loxley

Just started the game and I want to experience everything ( all side missions) etc on my first play through. Should I just ignore the current objective when you first start the game and go look around for stuff?

The side missions are unlocked after you play through the main mission the first time, they're not connected to the main mission itself. You play them all separately from each other. By all means explore, but you're not missing out on any real side objectives when doing the main stuff.

The side missions are unlocked after you play through the main mission the first time, they're not connected to the main mission itself. You play them all separately from each other. By all means explore, but you're not missing out on any real side objectives when doing the main stuff.

Cool, didn't know that. Thanks.

That ending...

I mean where was the other one...

I want more, this is even worse than the normal Kojima game waiting!

Side bar: Harry Gregson can write some killer music.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
EDIT: NVM

Side note: What a fucking TEASE Kojima is to end it like that knowing how far TPP is from release.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SPOILERS:

Took a few days, but good to know where to pin-point them. Now to get them and then mop up the side-misssion trophies and then 0 alert/kills no reflex all the missions. Hoo-boy.

Though, question:
The music tape is "Here's to You" yeah? The one behind Chico.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
The wait for TPP is going to be SO FUCKING HARD NOW.

THANKS KOJIMA

hey gaf check out my iDroid rig

8Mvujnp.jpg

I've almost done everything so far but I'm finding the scoring really weird, I got a few C's sneaking around and restarting checkpoints so the final result is 0 alerts 0 kills and I've also gone Rambo and gotten a B, maybe time is super important or checkpoint restarts are very damaging to the score.

Deja Vu level spoilers:
I liked the hunt down all the metal gear logos challenge and the model swap for the genome soldiers was nice to see. The cyborg ninja outfit is fantastic to just run everywhere in, there's so many amazing secrets in that level, I didn't even think to check the cells the first time through so I didn't notice the Darpa Chief and Armstech President until my second time through. Probably the best part of the game for me loved all the references

char0n

Got this last night but didn't have a chance to play it. Started it tonight and beat the main mission in the same night... and still totally worth the asking price. The base is huge and there's plenty to explore, and after I
got to Paz before Chico by accident, I couldn't carry her out
without running into a soldier/camera I couldn't get around in that condition without either being seen or having to take down, and since knock-outs seem to last super short compared to what I remember and limited tranq ammo, I just went rambo at that point around the edges of the map to
Chico and the extraction point
. Got a C ranking, definitely want to improve that. And even if I do figure out one way, there are so many paths to take/things to try/skills to hone...

GZ will be my training grounds to finally "get good" at Metal Gear full-stealth-mode without abusing saves in prep for PP. Definitely will be spending a lot of time with this in the future.

TriGen

I just finished my first playthrough tonight -- and I gotta say I'm a big fan. I didn't do well, but I'm really looking forward to improving at the main mission as well as doing the side missions. I'm definitely glad I got this.

co1onel

That is "Love Deterrence" Acoustic Instrumental version, I prefer it much more to the regular J-Pop version found in Peace Walker. I remember the first time it played during PW and my jaw dropped, but I just went with because well it's Metal Gear!

(Regular J-Pop version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQJ6LmHM8N0

(Acoustic Instrumental)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5EUZ9Ebb_A

Wasn't that version in PW too? I remember listening to it on the Walkman all the time.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Deja Vu related: LOL
when scanning the Metal Gear Solid Touch logo down by the prison camp with the special light, it doesn't disappear and Kaz says, "Looks like it's nothing special". Lol at least we know what Kojima thinks about the MGS mobile games!

It's not just that game
there are plenty of other "false" tags that can't be removed including Metal Gear Arcade and Metal Gear Ac!d, he has some disparaging remarks about Arcade if you try to erase it and if you call Kaz when looking at the Ac!d logo he goes "Metal Gear... something...something, no I don't remember that one." Also, when I erased the MGS4 logo Kaz says something along the lines of "you can erase the tags but you can't erase the memories." Is Kojima possibly commenting on his disappointment in MGS4?

pupcoffee

It's not just that game
there are plenty of other "false" tags that can't be removed including Metal Gear Arcade and Metal Gear Ac!d, he has some disparaging remarks about Arcade if you try to erase it and if you call Kaz when looking at the Ac!d logo he goes "Metal Gear... something...something, no I don't remember that one." Also, when I erased the MGS4 logo Kaz says something along the lines of "you can erase the tags but you can't erase the memories." Is Kojima possibly commenting on his disappointment in MGS4?

Huh. Well, I wouldn't be surprised.

I wish they didn't reward speed to getting an S rank.

You don't have to do a super-fast, ultra-perfect run for most S Ranks, thankfully. Just try to keep it around 20 minutes, that should be good enough if you don't get spotted and only kill a few guards.

Speaking of which, I'm so relieved you're allowed to kill guys and still get an S Rank on most, if not all the missions; there's nothing I hate more than restarting something after 15-20min because some jackass pops up in front of me just as I launch a rocket.

jiiikoo

Banned
Does anyone know if it is possible to tell a "hostage" guard to say to the "CP" that everything is alright? I was just playing and one of the guards saw me and radioed to the officer "I just saw a suspicious person, i'm going to investigate". I took him as a hostage but then the officer radioed the guard, asking if everything was okay.

Seems like an oversight if it is not possible.

Bebpo

Banned
Need help.

Been retrying the checkpoint after
Rescuing Paz
for like an hour straight now and I'm ready to throw the controller out the window. Played every MGS games and I've never been as frustrated as this. I'm out of sleep ammo, don't have any chaff grenades and
guys and cameras everywhere and if alarm sets TANKS and APCs too. I can take out the first bunch of guys by CQC but something always goes wrong when I get top-side and the alarm instantly goes off and I'm fucked.
This game seems insanely more difficult than normal MGS, or at least the checkpointing just seems incredibly worse because of how much you have to replay if you die.

Any easy way to beat this area?

AwShucks

Well I had to go and get all the patches so I figured "I'll try this on hard". Yep, there is a reason I don't play games on hard. I don't find them enjoyable that way. Instead I switched back to normal, found the tank, went on a murdering rampage, found all the patches and now have Deja Vu unlocked. Going to wait until tomorrow to play so I'm not so damn tired.

EDIT: And I apparently need to use the iDroid app because I can't stand having to go into the menu to view the map.

Need help.

Rescuing Paz
for like an hour straight now and I'm ready to throw the controller out the window. Played every MGS games and I've never been as frustrated as this. I'm out of sleep ammo, don't have any chaff grenades and
guys and cameras everywhere and if alarm sets TANKS and APCs too. I can take out the first bunch of guys by CQC but something always goes wrong when I get top-side and the alarm instantly goes off and I'm fucked.
This game seems insanely more difficult than normal MGS, or at least the checkpointing just seems incredibly worse because of how much you have to replay if you die.

Depends where you entered the admin room but there is a generator switch that turns off the cameras. Also you can shoot them with your silenced rifle.

jsnepo

Need help.

Rescuing Paz

You might want to disable the power of the base to turn off some of the lights and security cameras. That should help you extract Paz. To be honest, extracting Paz is easier compared to getting to Chico and extracting him. You really need to plan your path. The best is through the front of the base. I can extract Paz even in hard for less than two minutes.

BadAss2961

I searched the whole map for hours with all the enemies neutralized, and i'm still missing two XOF patches and a few tapes.

They did a good job hiding these things.

Xevren

I searched the whole map for hours with all the enemies neutralized, and i'm still missing two XOF patches and a few tapes.

They did a good job hiding these things.

Some of the tapes are only available on certain missions, and another is from
beating all the missions on hard
. XOF patches are just in the GZ mission though.

Bebpo I was going to try and type up a way to help out but I suck at describing lay outs. If you're really having issues don't hesitate to reload checkpoints, it will give you more tranquilizer ammo to knock people out if you're low which is handy.

God I love this game. Up to 91% completion!

Top Bottom