• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Vire

Mission 20 spoilers
How do you hit the floating boy with an attack? Managed to get the Fulton on man on fire but this little fucker pops my balloons.
The objective isn't to eliminate those enemies, it's to escape.

Call in the chopper, lead the Man on Fire to the top of the hill towards the water resivoir, shoot the explosive tanker and have him go blasting into the water pool. Run down to the chopper and escape

Macrotus

Kojima easter egg / genius game design info incoming.

Things like the 'Enemy eliminated' tape will stop an alert if you have your helicopter broadcast it from its speakers, apparently.

Its cool how Kojima puts in all those easter egg stuff, in his previous works.
But is also impressive how people find these things.

Also seeing people being creative and trying new ways to beat missions.
Someone releasing a bear in an enemy base was mind blowing.
Why couldn't I think of that...

The depth of this game really changes depending on the users creativity.
And thats what impresses me.

Mission 20 spoilers
How do you hit the floating boy with an attack? Managed to get the Fulton on man on fire but this little fucker pops my balloons.

Kojima easter egg / genius game design info incoming.

Things like the 'Enemy eliminated' tape will stop an alert if you have your helicopter broadcast it from its speakers, apparently.

Gotta try this out when I find the right tape.

neoism

giphy.gif
dat new thread smell

Erimriv

Is this game breaking records on gaf in terms of OT number of posts? 2nd OT already. I'll be starting MGS 3 in about a week, then GZ and finally TPP. Got the official guide as well, time to finish the Halo Books and Halo 4 and I'll get into MGS before Halo 5.

Soulflarz

Banned
Is this game breaking records on gaf in terms of OT number of posts? 2nd OT already. I'll be starting MGS 3 in about a week, then GZ and finally TPP. Got the official guide as well, time to finish the Halo Books and Halo 4 and I'll get into MGS before Halo 5.

Where were you for destiny?

Kalor

I didn't expect a second OT this quickly. Its just nearly a week since it went up.

I can't believe Stealth is misspelled in the Genre section. This OT must have been as rushed as the ending of the game
:p

shiba5

Am I missing something? I keep seeing references to using the tranq sniper as early as mission 11, but I'm on mission 17 and I still can't figure out how to unlock the thing. I have the sniper rifle unlocked, but can't do the tranq conversion. Is this something that doesn't happen until I can customize weapons?

I really like this type of lore and world building in open world games. Hardly see it outside of sprawling RPGs. It reminds me a lot of Dark Souls where you have to work for the story and piece together things from info you've gotten from various sources. I love all the tiny bits of info you get from tapes and overheard conversations.

Dawg

Why are we here? Just to suffer thread title complaints?

Official threads have changed. It's no longer about discussing the story, talking about the gameplay, or posting screenshots. It's an endless series of title battles fought by cheeky cunts and fuckbois. Officials threads - and their consumption of life - have become well-oiled machines. Official threads have changed. Angry posters complain with angry posts, use angry vocabulary. Parasites inside their bodies enhance and regulate their anger. Genetic control. Mind control. Emotion control. Thread control. Official threads have changed. The age of discussion has become the age of thread title complaints... All in the name of some Japanese video game developer. And he who controls the thread title... controls NeoGAF history. Official threads have changed. When the thread is filled with haters... thread title complaints becomes routine.

Real Hero

Am I missing something? I keep seeing references to using the tranq sniper as early as mission 11, but I'm on mission 17 and I still can't figure out how to unlock the thing. I have the sniper rifle unlocked, but can't do the tranq conversion. Is this something that doesn't happen until I can customize weapons?

You can research one but it's faster to do the legendary gunsmith so you can just make one. Pretty sure I had one by mission 17

Vally

I didn't expect a second OT this quickly. Its just nearly a week since it went up.

I can't believe Stealth is misspelled in the Genre section. This OT must have been as rushed as the ending of the game
:p

Fixed, thanks for letting me know :D

KHlover

Banned
Could it be that tanks have different hit zones? Destroyed a fair share of tanks by now and it only seems to take 2 rockets from the first rocket launcher when you attack them from the back vs 4 rockets when you attack them from the front.

Do enough Side Ops and get some good soldiers. Tranq Sniper only requires a few plants, Lv. 15 Medicine and Lv. 15 R&D. I had that by Mission 8 or so.

EDIT: Granted, I'm also only at Mission 9 and like 20 hours in, soo...

Alienous

Could it be that tanks have different hit zones? Destroyed a fair share of tanks by now and it only seems to take 2 rockets from the first rocket launcher when you attack them from the back vs 4 rockets when you attack them from the front.

Tanks were less armoured in the back in Peace Walker, so I'd expect that to be the case.

Mass One

Just want to confirm. Only the online resources can be stolen not stuff you grab during missions and free roam?

Soulflarz

Banned
Official threads have changed. It's no longer about discussing the story, talking about the gameplay, or posting screenshots. It's an endless series of title battles fought by cheeky cunts and fuckbois. Officials threads - and their consumption of life - have become well-oiled machines. Official threads have changed. Angry posters complain with angry posts, use angry vocabulary. Parasites inside their bodies enhance and regulate their anger. Genetic control. Mind control. Emotion control. Thread control. Official threads have changed. The age of discussion has become the age of thread title complaints... All in the name of some Japanese video game developer. And he who controls the thread title... controls NeoGAF history. Official threads have changed. When the thread is filled with haters... thread title complaints becomes routine.

Never change Dawg.

Even if war changes, never change.

So about
Salahanthropus

How in the hell were Ray and Rex made after that thing? Salahalahdahahsopopopus is pretty much the same level as Excelsis in MGR, it can leap like 400 feet and it must way like a million pounds!

Soulflarz

Banned
What determines when a new OT is needed? 20,000 posts?

Well, ~20000ish. It's when the next one gets made as a rule of thumb, yes. GAF can go way way higher, pretty sure NFLgaf went into 6 digits before it started slowing the site down and they needed to do something about it? Could be wrong.

Alienous

What determines when a new OT is needed? 20,000 posts?

Yeah.

I think there's some glitch where NeoGAF threads begin to shit the bed at that number, so a new one is created.

So about
Salahanthropus

How in the hell were Ray and Rex made after that thing? Salahalahdahahsopopopus is pretty much the same level as Excelsis in MGR, it can leap like 400 feet and it must way like a million pounds!

It
doesn't actually work. It's a marketing tool with weak armour just so that it can stand up. That's explained in a tape. It's just there to get people to want to do business with Skull Face, and it only works because of Tretij puppeting it.

Hey guys, is it normal for everything to take 0 seconds to build (weapons, upgrades, etc..)? I remember this things in peace walker used to take time. Maybe it's because I'm just at episode 5?

Salsa

So is DD the best buddy? I realize it may be mission specific but DD seems best so far.

I can't get over the wallhack

too useful

I can just run into any situation now cause he never misses an enemy

Quiet seems to be good once you bond but at first she just sucks compared to high bond DD and I like taking out enemies myself so meh

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Do I really have to explore every platform of Motherbase to not miss any bits of story?
I have just found out that Paz was in the med bay and was wondering if there was anything else I was missing by not checking out every corner of my base.
I'm at mission 9 at the moment, so please don't spoil me. Thanks

Top Bottom