• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Tathanen said:
"They are things."
1z66vjt.jpg

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
heringer said:
Nice Famitsu score. Higher than all the Prime games and Fusion too.

Japanese reviewers give higher score for a Japanese made Metroid title, than a Western American made Metroid title.

Big shock there...

Beth Cyra

Extollere said:
Japanese reviewers give higher score for a Japanese made Metroid title, than a Western American made Metroid title.

Big shock there...

Explains why it is higher then Fusion as well.

G-Fex said:
I think the "Hey , remember me?" thing is just a Line. Hopelessly hitting on Samus who turns him down five seconds later.
I think he is the true evil in the game known as Carne Asada. Who could forget a man of such spice?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Tathanen said:
Man the things happening in this game like 7 hours in.

THE THINGS

*chest pains*
Ruh-roh, I don't like the looks of that. Did Samus get Ben Reilly'd? One smiley for yes, two for no.

I like ranking things, this is how I rank the series (the only one i have not played is Metroid 2)

1. Metroid Prime
2. Metroid Prime 3
3. Super Metroid
4. Metroid Prime 2
5. Metroid Zero Mission
6. Metroid Fusion
7. Metroid
100. Metroid Hunters

Rich!

Seeing as we're doing ranking, and seeing that I've finished each game:

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid Prime
3. Metroid Prime 2
4. Metroid Fusion
5. Zero Mission
6. Metroid Prime 3
7. Metroid II
8. Metroid
9. Metroid Prime Hunters

edit - forgot Metroid II :lol

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ha man you guys. It is a good heart attack. And no that is not a QUOTE.

Also: Fusion fans will probably actually literally shit in their own mouths when they [blank] the [blank] I just [blank].

Maybe I will stop making posts in this thread now. This can only end in me getting banned.

Tathanen said:

Also: Fusion fans will probably actually literally shit in their own mouths when they [blank] the [blank] I just [blank].

Maybe I will stop making posts in this thread now. This can only end in me getting banned.

That sounds dirty. Thanks for info, glad its a positive.

richisawesome said:
Seeing as we're doing ranking, and seeing that I've finished each game:

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid Prime
3. Metroid Prime 2
4. Metroid Fusion
5. Zero Mission
6. Metroid Prime 3
7. Metroid
8. Metroid Prime Hunters

You're missing RoS.

Mr ranking:

1. Super Metroid
2. Metroid Prime
3. Zero Mission
4. Metroid Fusion
5. Metroid Prime 2
6. Metroid Prime 3
7. Metroid II
8. Metroid
9. Metroid Prime Hunters

Funny how low the original and II are on that list and yet I still think they're both fantastic. Only Hunters gets a meh from me, and even that was quite enjoyable.

Boney

Banned
Shig said:
It's a picture of a guy having chest pains. I guess he could be having them because he's so excited but the standard train of thought would be that clenching your chest and grimacing = something bad is happening.
My idiotness prevails!

hobbes_gaf.gif

Beth Cyra

Tathanen said:

Awesome, I so can not wait to get this game <3 Fusion.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Boney said:
xenophobe...

Hardly - however it's true that the Prime series didn't do well in Japan despite them being great games. There is a clear difference in design philosophy between games made in the west, and games made in the east. A ninja flipping alien grappling super Samus is testament enough to this.

Johnas

Boney said:
You can get tons of stuff early. Screw Attack, Super Missiles, Power Bombs, skip many bosses and power ups. It's crazy.

Your problem is, you only played it once, and that's not how you're supposed to go around these games. They're so short, and their design beg for experimentation, even though Zero Mision's one is actually made on purpose, not on exploits.

Not to nitpick, but you actually can't get early power bombs in ZM (if that's what you were referring to there).

heringer

Extollere said:
Hardly - however it's true that the Prime series didn't do well in Japan despite them being great games. There is a clear difference in design philosophy between games made in the west, and games made in the east. A ninja flipping alien grappling super Samus is testament enough to this.
It doesn't mean they don't like western games though. In fact, lately they are scoring some western games way higher than they should. Heck, they gave Haze a 34/40.

TreIII

Tathanen said:

Ooooo, now you got me interested. Fusion is my second fave game in the series (with Zero Mission and Super tied for first). :D

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
heringer said:
It doesn't mean they don't like western games though. In fact, lately they are scoring some western games way higher than they should. Heck, they gave Haze a 34/40.
Scoring western games well has no correlation with anyone there actually caring about them, though. It is a bit insulting that so few people that claim to be fans of games display any inkling of interest in games that are universally praised by anyone that gives them a chance, and it's not incorrect to note that they are overwhelmingly displaying this flippant attitude to games that have a specific point of origin.

Boney

Banned
Extollere said:
ok, I'm not gonna put too much thought on what you last said.. flipping the new page.

Johnas said:
Not to nitpick, but you actually can't get early power bombs in ZM (if that's what you were referring to there).
I always thought you could for a reason..

PounchEnvy said:
http://i34.tinypic.com/21b0md1.jpg
Typical.[/QUOTE]
What does that even mean!

>:(

heringer

Shig said:
Scoring western games well has no correlation with anyone there actually caring about them, though. It is a bit insulting that so few people that claim to be fans of games display any inkling of interest in games that are universally praised by anyone that gives them a chance, and it's not incorrect to note that they are overwhelmingly displaying this flippant attitude to games that have a specific point of origin.
Eh, fair enough. They still give very high scores to a lot of western games though.

heringer

Rush2thestart said:
Just saw the new Gamespot and IGN videos. Seems like they had a very hard time doing overblasts... Not a good sign.
Yeah, I noticed that. Though I find hard to believe that Team Ninja would screw this up. It's their speciality after all. I'm betting this is just good old Craig Harris sucking at videogames, as usual. :lol

Maybe Tathanen could clarify on that?

Diffense

Rush2thestart said:
Just saw the new Gamespot and IGN videos. Seems like they had a very hard time doing overblasts... Not a good sign.

You have to jump on the enemy and he was pretty bad at it.
...and some people want analog control when they can't manage 8 directions...pfft

heringer

Diffense said:
You have to jump on the enemy and he was pretty bad at it.
...and some people want analog control when they can't manage 8 directions...pfft
Judging from the times people got the move right I think you have to do a really low jump to make it work.

Also, an analog stick would likely help to aim the direction of the jump.

Teknoman

Im sure if you jump directly towards the enemy and its in an open position, you'll be just fine. I just hope you cant just overblast every enemy without at least figuring out the best position to do so.

Diffense

heringer said:
Also, an analog stick would likely help to aim the direction of the jump.

or give you more opportunities to miss...

Still, you can't just spam moves like that.
You have to choose the right time to jump on the enemy.
For example, when it is not moving or jumping itself.

Most of the time he failed to pull off tho overblast it was because the enemy shook him off or evaded.
Overblast and Lethal Strike seem to be intended for enemies that are at least stunned or slowed down.

Top Bottom