• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

I think I'm going to ignore the Manga altogether. The "fact" that the chozo created the metroids makes too many plot holes. I wonder if they'll try to either plug those holes or better explain that in Other M. I also wonder if fusion will ever have a sequel because of the strange changes and once again supposed extinction of the metroids.

[Nintex]

How the hell did Ridley survive Super Metroid. I finished it yesterday and you blow him up and he falls to pieces. Then you blow up the planet his remains were on. :lol

Teknoman

[Nintex] said:
How the hell did Ridley survive Super Metroid. I finished it yesterday and you blow him up and he falls to pieces. Then you blow up the planet his remains were on. :lol

Dark Samus rules?

daakusedo

Ah, ok so I didn't miss something.
I was thinking the federation get his body after the battle in super metroid, and now other m maybe.

[Nintex] said:
You'll have to wait for The R Memoirs new side story to find that one out. It actually takes place between Fusion and Metroid 5. Here's a little hint though:

They're all liek clones of Master Ridley1!!!!one!11!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Diffense said:
Other M is before Fusion.
Metroid cells for the X vaccine were in Fusion...heck
metroids were in fusion

I never believe the games when they says "last metroid" lol
But it's fun to keep wondering whether they'd actually make a main metroid game without metroids.
Fusion spoilers below. For you sorry people who haven't played it yet.

Fusion is the first time Samus encounters any metroids since Super Metroid, there's a reason the restricted cloning facility in fusion is restricted, officially, metroids are extinct

[Nintex]

GrotesqueBeauty said:
You'll have to wait for The R Memoirs new side story to find that one out. It actually takes place between Fusion and Metroid 5. Here's a little hint though:

They're all liek clones of Master Ridley1!!!!one!11!
I figured that as well or he escaped, after being blown to pieces or in Other M we find out that Super Metroid never happened and that it was all a dream.

[Nintex] said:
I figured that as well or he escaped, after being blown to pieces or in Other M we find out that Super Metroid never happened and that it was all a dream.
I am interested in this theory and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

The R Memoirs, narrated by Ridley in his true voice (Ridley's voice is a mix between a 1930's gangster and a Flinstones pterodactyl can-opener).

[Nintex]

EmCeeGramr said:
The R Memoirs, narrated by Ridley in his true voice (Ridley's voice is a mix between a 1930's gangster and a Flinstones pterodactyl can-opener).
Luckily Nolan North's less famous brother Peter North does the voice in the localized version of the game.

MiamiWesker said:
I honestly don't care what the story was before, this game needs Metroids.
I agree, a Metroid game without Metroid isn't a Metroid game. That's like a Zelda game without Zelda or a Mario game without Mario.

Gravijah

MiamiWesker said:

samus-aran.jpg

looks like metroid to me

MNC

Fucking shit, I saw the live actors commercial and it got me fucking pumped. The music is great and the general tone and cinematography is neat. FUCK now I want this game really bad. I hope the music is really good in this game. I believe in the gameplay, I like the graphics enough... The music will be a dealbreaker.

Boney

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
The only other game that didn't have Metroids is Hunters... we all know how that played out..

Gravijah said:
hahaha quit playing.

there are no female protagonists in video games! and where are her boobs and revealing clothing????

I like my women dumb, distressed, and exaggeratedly proportioned in the only two places that matter. This doesn't sound like this is my type of game.

Pass.

Boney

Banned
AceBandage said:
It wasn't a good Metroid game, but it was still a good game.
Would have made a killer new IP for Nintendo.
Multi maybe...

SP was god awful.

Reminds me of SF:A

MNC said:
Metroid Prime Hunters had Hunter Metroids... Come on people!
Only the demo

MNC

Metroid Prime Hunters had Hunter Metroids... Come on people!

Edit:

Wait I think it did.

Anyway I already said it but I'm gonna say it again, MPH is a bad Metroid game, but a good game in itself.

RagnarokX

King Chozo said:
I think I'm going to ignore the Manga altogether. The "fact" that the chozo created the metroids makes too many plot holes. I wonder if they'll try to either plug those holes or better explain that in Other M. I also wonder if fusion will ever have a sequel because of the strange changes and once again supposed extinction of the metroids.
How does the Chozo creating the metroids create plot holes?

I think Sakamoto said that Fusion is the end of the story. It wouldn't make much sense to set a game after it anyway.

MNC

Damn that demo. And the Metroid Prime Trilogy is still being sold here; I guess I should catch a copy and sell it for double or something but I have every game, and I'm afraid I won't be able to sell it :lol

On another note: <---- I'm joining the Metroid avatars!

Kard8p3

RagnarokX said:
How does the Chozo creating the metroids create plot holes?

I think Sakamoto said that Fusion is the end of the story. It wouldn't make much sense to set a game after it anyway.

I thought I read an interview once where he said he needed to tie things up with this game so he could move on to an actual sequel to fusion.

Hero of Canton said:
I beg to differ.

I've just experienced a couple of really frustrating bits in fairly short order. Otherwise it's tough but fair.

There is going to be an unlockable super hard classic Team Ninja mode or something right?

kiryogi

Banned
AceBandage said:
MPH was always meant to be a limited run... It had nothing to do with sales.

I meant to say MPT.

Hero of Canton said:
I beg to differ.

I've just experienced a couple of really frustrating bits in fairly short order. Otherwise it's tough but fair.

Tell us if it requires firmware 4.3! Or is Nintendo not even letting you folks do that?

MNC

Are you playing it? :O Is it good? This is a very important question :O

Actually, OP is not really review updated. Are there any reviews out yet?

Wow I just saw the ad for this game on my local sports radio station's webpage. Interesting to see Nintendo branching out like that.

Wizpig

MNC said:
On another note: <---- I'm joining the Metroid avatars!
I want one like that too :O

Also Prime Hunters was a cool game both offline and online.
Come on, it's better to put NST on work on things like that instead of Mario vs. DK...

Wizpig said:
I want one like that too :O

Also Prime Hunters was a cool game both offline and online.
Come on, it's better to put NST on work on things like that instead of Mario vs. DK...
I liked Mario vs. Donkey Kong. :(

[Nintex]

So yeah, Other M, Other Mother maybe the secret girl is actually another 'mother' trying to raise a baby Metroid. I dunno I'm just throwing theories out there.

XenoRaven

Gravijah said:
she needs to be kicking those little jellyfish guys
That could work too. A Metroid in it anywhere would be awesome. Otherwise I have to think of a cool new Metroid avatar to use for awhile.

Top Bottom