• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

traveler

Not Wario
Wow, that's interesting. I like your guys' interpretation, though, so I'll leave it at that. :lol

Edit: I guess the whole site is down.

farnham

Banned
jehuty said:
Can't wait to try out this game when it comes out! I haven't been let down by a Metroid game yet, I hope the pattern doesn't let up. Hopefully Nintendo gives the fanboys what they want and just makes Metroid: Dread more like super metroid. Talking about dread (or whatever the sequel to fusion will be called), is it pretty much implied that since Samus has Metroid DNA in her (can't use ice beam because of this) that she will be able to absorb enemies energy/power (kinda like a Metroid). I could see Samus acquiring new powers and abilities by absorbing the life source of downed enemies.
exclusives screens

samus-2.jpg

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
mantidor said:
It's a pretty big spoiler that Samus wants to impress Adam for me, story wise. Not to mention that you go through an area without your suit, thats a huge gameplay spoiler

I'm sensitive about spoilers :(

If it makes you feel any better, the "impress Adam" thing was actually a joke. It's not an unfounded assumption, but it's not like there's a scene where she decides to go into the lava zone for that reason.

Also, if those are "big" and "huge" spoilers, what adjective would you use to describe something on the level of Aeris' death?

Guevara said:
WHAT?! It's pronounced Ze-Bes? All this time I thought it was ZEEEBS!
I always pronounced it like Zeb-es, then I started watching videos with people pronouncing it ZEEEEBS! and I felt stupid

WELL I GUESS I SHOWED YOU ALL WRONG, DIDN'T I!?

LiquidMetal14 said:
For further running around like chickens with our heads cut off?!?!!?

I'm the farmer watching the chickens. I'm waiting till I taste the eggs before I get worried.

sorry that analogy was awful

Mafro

Green Scar said:
When's EDGE's review gonna show up anyway
New issue is out early next week, I think some subscribers might get their copies tomorrow. Dunno if the review is going up on their site.

careksims

Despite all the mix reviews. I still feel excited to play it. I can't wait for the post-game summaries in this thread. It will be very entertaining.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You know, I think I need to play this. I've been ragging on the game a bit in my last few posts (and I'm going to continue in a second), but I think it's an significant step (forward or backward) in the franchise. For me at least, it's important that I experience the end what I vewed Samus as when I was 8, and replace it with this whiny, submissive lone wolf bounty hunter. It'll be interesting to see where they take her in future games.

Edit: It's preemptive but I really hope Retro gets Metroid back.

Sadist

"The fans squabbling over the change in direction. Hell, the series survived first-person and motion controls, didn't it?"

I like this

Phenomic

Not really a big spoiler of anything but something I was curious about nevertheless, so I figure I would just cover it up just in case someone doesn't know about this in the game yet.

Anyone know yet if enemies drop Health and Missiles like in previous games or do you really have to rely on Concentration to get these back? I believe I would enjoy the game more if I did it old school Metroid Style and only Regen-ed when items dropped off enemies.

Rich!

Phenomic said:
Not really a big spoiler of anything but something I was curious about nevertheless, so I figure I would just cover it up just in case someone doesn't know about this in the game yet.

Anyone know yet if enemies drop Health and Missiles like in previous games or do you really have to rely on Concentration to get these back? I believe I would enjoy the game more if I did it old school Metroid Style and only Regen-ed when items dropped off enemies.

There are no health pickups. And each checkpoint (lots of them) regains your health completely.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Phenomic said:

When you get low on health, you can enter a "concentration" mode, by tilting the Wiimote up and pressing A. You'll regen health and missiles that way.

Rich!

I'm curious now as to what format the motion video on this game is in. If it's something that I can convert and edit after ripping my disc to USB, I'm going to do some pretty hilarious dubs/edits after I've finished the game. :lol

hatchx

Banned
Just got the game.

They are forcing me to update my wii now.

I'll come on later with impressions. I've been positive on this game since the first announcement, and I'm a huge Metroid fan.

Roto13

farnham said:
Then what's your excuse? :p Zelda fans are probably the most unpleasable fans in the world. You should know the cycle by now. The last game released is always the biggest abomination evers six months after its release, and the one before that is always the perfect example of Zelda done right.

Every damn Zelda thread shows this.

Boney

Banned
mantidor said:
It's a pretty big spoiler that Samus wants to impress Adam for me, story wise. Not to mention that you go through an area without your suit, thats a huge gameplay spoiler

I'm sensitive about spoilers :(
Sorry I guess.. I it was mentioned in multiple reviews and it was a joke on my part as well. Don't take it that bad.

RobotNinjaHornets said:
I always pronounced it like Zeb-es, then I started watching videos with people pronouncing it ZEEEEBS! and I felt stupid

WELL I GUESS I SHOWED YOU ALL WRONG, DIDN'T I!?

2wrnkw2.jpg

I still call it Zeeebs damn it.

farnham

Banned
Roto13 said:
Then what's your excuse? :p Zelda fans are probably the most unpleasable fans in the world. You should know the cycle by now. The last game released is always the biggest abomination evers six months after its release, and the one before that is always the perfect example of Zelda done right.

spirit track got love (or at least it should)

Rich!

farnham said:
spirit track got love (or at least it should)

Ahhh, spirit tracks. One of only two Zelda games I absolutely detest (the other being Phantom Hourglass). And I love all the others, including Zelda II.

Teknoman

ultim8p00 said:
Under 10 hours for a Metroid game? Really? Damn, I guess this is not for me then.

+ Getting lost
+ dying
+ replaying later on
+ getting 100% of power ups

Always keep in mind some people can blast through Metroid games in no time flat.

Wizpig

Roto13 said:

Those fans suck.
Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were 3 perfectly good/awesome games from day-one.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Roto13 said:

Mario cycle is the opposite. New games make people call the previous iteration crap.

Wizpig

amtentori said:
Mario cycle is the opposite. New games make people call the previous iteration crap.
Those fans suck.
Mario Galaxy 1 is a masterpiece and should not be called less good than Mario Galaxy 2 - which is also a masterpiece.

Rich!

ultim8p00 said:
Under 10 hours for a Metroid game? Really? Damn, I guess this is not for me then.

Super Metroid takes me under 3 hours to finish with a high % of pickups, and I can blaze through Metroid Prime in 6 or so. I'm satisfied with the game length.

Teknoman

Wizpig said:
Those fans suck.
Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were 3 perfectly good/awesome games from day-one.

Phantom Hourglass would've been ALOT better if that temple wasnt timed.

[Nintex]

Wizpig said:
Those fans suck.
Phantom Hourglass sucked in so many ways. Spirit Tracks was a much better game even though it had some of the flaws that PH had.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Wizpig said:
Those fans suck.

Two outta three, at least. As much as I tried, I could not brook the Temple of the Ocean King in PH. First Zelda game I've quit on.

Top Bottom