• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy |OT|

Let me in said:
Or just typical Nintendo secrecy? They're very specific about their announcements and very controlling of their properties. I don't believe Retro's current project is trivial, I just think Nintendo would hide anything, whether it's in production or in the conceptual stage.

Bingo. Does no-one remember the hype earlier in the year when a piece on Monster Games mentioned that staff were covering their monitors for the writer's visit? People here jumped on that as indicating they must be working on something like F-Zero, then a month or two later it turned out it was "just" a mental follow-up to Excite Truck.

Diortem7

I've been watching the live Metroid marathon on NintendoWorldReport.com, and I noticed that the new title music is just a remix of Rudus' theme song. As much as I like the theme, I was hoping for a new theme or a remix of one or all of the Prime themes.

LiK

just got an email from Gamestop that they couldn't fulfill the preorder bonus for it even tho i preordered day 1. got a $10 coupon tho, not too bad.

John Harker said:
I wonder if this is the project that finally pushed Keller, Pacini, and Jack Matthews to leave Retro?

They said they didn't want to work on Metriod right now, Nintendo let them do their thing for a year, decided they weren't making enough money, forced this project on them, so they walked?

I think it's a great way to send off the series, I'm not knocking it, it's just Retro's history is sad and it really makes one wonder what else they have been doing since 2007: this clearly couldn't have been it.

I guess the IGN article that's up right now on Matt's tour of the Retro studios is making me wonder.

I just read it, but i didnt understand if he actually saw anything of their new project or not.

JdFoX187

Banned
LiK said:
just got an email from Gamestop that they couldn't fulfill the preorder bonus for it even tho i preordered day 1. got a $10 coupon tho, not too bad.
Same here on all accounts. I really don't think Gamestop got any of the posters like they said they would. But hey, $10 for a poster isn't too shabby.

LiK

JdFoX187 said:
Same here on all accounts. I really don't think Gamestop got any of the posters like they said they would. But hey, $10 for a poster isn't too shabby.

was it a poster? i guess we'll still get the t-shirt?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Worked tonight at my GameStop. Guess what? We got the shirts in, but no posters.

I hope I'm not shafted out of my poster and the $10. =/

Fantastical

Death Prophet
ZealousD said:
Worked tonight at my GameStop. Guess what? We got the shirts in, but no posters.

In my experience, Gamestop is pretty good about honoring a preorder bonus if you kept the receipt. I would try contacting Gamestop support if you still have your receipt, and they will probably either hook you up with a poster or a coupon. Most likely a coupon if Gamestop itself just seems to be out of posters.

That's what happened with Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts when I didn't get my preorder bonus.

eznark

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Day 1 for me. Loved all 3 of them. Can't wait to replay 1 & 2 with MP3 controls.
Same. I have em all but will be picking this up anyway. Be nice to play something excellent on the Wii.

JdFoX187

Banned
LiK said:
was it a poster? i guess we'll still get the t-shirt?
Yeah, I got the e-mail saying no poster. That kind of irritates me because it was the reason I preordered at Gamestop instead of Amazon. But I now have a $10 coupon, so I'm cool with it.

Gamestop isn't getting any posters, like I said earlier in the thread.

Shin Johnpv said:
So anyone who ordered from Gamestop expecting to get the Poster and the T-shirt, forget it. You're only getting the t-shirt. I just called customer service cause I got an email saying they're out of the poster, and the customer service rep is claiming that their supplier didn't send them any and no one is getting one. You will get 10 bucks off your next purchase at gamestop.com. Well that blows cause I hate ordering from them. Only reason I ordered from them in the first place was to get the shirt and the poster. I'd rather have the poster than the shirt.

As some have said before, I've never been so excited to play over a game(s). I have extremely fond memories of Prime 1 and 2, particularly the first, even though I've played them multiple times. So much atmosphere, arriving on Tallon IV was incredible, as was Phendrana Drifts. I remember getting to Phazon Mines for the first time and being utterly destroyed (not sure why that was at the time). Retro truly has some amazing art direction.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Sold my MP3 copy for good money for this bad boy, hopefully I won't regret it.
Can't wait to finally beat Echoes, maybe this time I'll enjoy it a bit more with the improved controls.

ZealousD said:

Surprising. I mentioned this in the August pick-up thread, but there are three posters at my GS (one for each reserve, mine included). Same number of t-shirts, I figured every store would be the same.

Of all things, a poster seems like a weird item to not supply enough of.

I am going to buy the shit out of this.

I never played through Echoes, so this is a perfect chance.

Same day as Arkham Asylum means it is gonna have to wait a little bit, though.

fatty said:
Don't know if this was posted but behind the scenes interview with the developers:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developers-voice-metroid-prime/54522

Pretty cool. Does anyone have a link of the interview with Retro where they talk about Miyamoto visiting and commenting during the development of the first Metroid Prime (or any other good Retro interviews for that fact)?

This might hold the answers for you: a truly superb article about Retro from N-sider

http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=267

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
trinest said:
Not everyone has a NTSC console :/

Do some snooping Vook find out if we are getting the tin or not.

I don't! But everyone can have a region free one like me - and it's FREE!

I found out - we're not.

upandaway

Yeah, I also imported it. Should be here in a week or two. I'm getting my tin and I don't care.

USB Loader should handle it fine.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Amazon just shipped my copy! Won't get much time with it, alas, due to Batman this week, but I'll definitely start in on it at some point.

ryan-ts

I've been getting all pumped to play this game so I thought about playing another Metroid beforehand and then I realized I don't have any other Metroid games. :lol

Obviously I could go on the VC but I have a SNES and NES so I want to be able to get the "true" experience when I play them...... if only I wasn't such a bitch.

upandaway

ryan-ts said:
I've been getting all pumped to play this game so I thought about playing another Metroid beforehand and then I realized I don't have any other Metroid games. :lol

Obviously I could go on the VC but I have a SNES and NES so I want to be able to get the "true" experience when I play them...... if only I wasn't such a bitch.
If you own all 3 Prime games and you are one of the first 500 to register Trilogy, you'll get the first Metroid on VC free. I'd jump on that if I were you.

Neo Samus

upandaway said:
If you own all 3 Prime games and you are one of the first 500 to register Trilogy, you'll get the first Metroid on VC free. I'd jump on that if I were you.

Seriously? What's your source?

Synless

upandaway said:
Isn't the first game included in the first prime game anyway?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Am Gonna Pre Order This, Lost my Prime and Prime 2 disc, :(

got Corruption but will get just so I can have all 3,

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh wait, did they retrofit MP1 and MP2 with the token unlocking system from MP3?? Any new unlocks, art, etc..?

upandaway

Brandon F said:
Oh wait, did they retrofit MP1 and MP2 with the token unlocking system from MP3?? Any new unlocks, art, etc..?
Nope, no new unlocks so far.
But apparently the game has a nice neat screen of all the unlocks possible, their conditions and everything, so once someone gets it we'll know if there's anything new.

Teknoman

Diseased Yak said:
Amazon just shipped my copy! Won't get much time with it, alas, due to Batman this week, but I'll definitely start in on it at some point.

Hmm...I ordered the game back in July on Amazon, and they still havent shipped mine. Still classified as shipping soon...

hyduK

Banned
For anyone getting this, play the first one last, wouldn't want to skyrocket your expectations for the other two games (which pale in comparison.)

Top Bottom