• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Cirle + Triangle for finishers is just bad design. Really annoys me.

It's the best option that also leaves the other controls freed up for other attacks and quick use items like the daggers and the bow, that also has it's branch of different abilities. Think of it as a grab combination in a fighting game like street fighter.

@Wreck

Second map.

runefarmer_zps31b20a88.jpg

And then you get to detonate them all.

wow

whats your build look like stat wise?

BouncyFrag

It's the best option that also leaves the other controls freed up for other attacks and quick use items like the daggers and the bow, that also has it's branch of different abilities. Think of it as a grab combination in a fighting game like street fighter.
Its also the same combination used in the Arkahm Batman games so I'm right at home with it.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm dying to get home from work and attempt to take down my two remaining nemesese now that my main nemesis is finally dead. But me and my wife are going out for dinner, then we're going to play some Diablo 3, then catch up on TV we've missed, and by then I'll probably be too tired, and I have Smash Bros. 3DS waiting for me at home as well...too many games, not enough time.

And I hate to post it again, but dammit, I'm just so proud of finally putting that bastard down, but here's my vid of me finally finishing off my nemesis, Golm The Shadow. Such an intense, satisfying rivalry. I almost wish I could start over and experience this for the first time again, but I have plenty more nemeses left to take out. I'm only 5 story missions in, and have clocked about 10+ hours already. The distractions in this game are just so much fun.

Here's Golm's Demise, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nwk66e0ttM&list=UUPFf6CCdimSszxqrfaIdBmw

I'll probably save the video for each of the obnoxious nemeses I take down permanently.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wait, why would the Black Hand curse Talion and Celebrimbor if it would bring the downfall of Sauron??

Beefy

In my game I have a orc captain called Golm the hook hand. He has killed 4 other orcs already and I only played the game 2hrs.

Aces&Eights

One more time: do I have to do
poison the grog
mission to advance the story to part 2? Hate it.

Man, those stealth missions are some of my favorite. I feel like Sam Fischer in Mordor. Creeping around and taking them out one at a time them poisoning a group and watching them fight each other. Good times!

Arrrammis

One more time: do I have to do
poison the grog
mission to advance the story to part 2? Hate it.

Yup, you do. If you want to make the sneaking around easy, just shoot the caragor cages and let them massacre the whole fortress, then sneak in. For some reason orcs won't raise the alarm for a pack of caragors killing everything.

FtHTiny

I can't get anybody to fill those three empty spots, so I guess my army of captains will be maxed out at 17. On our way to see the Warchief right now.

I think you need to really kill them. If they lying on the ground like that they are able to come back. But i don´t know how you can get them to show up again.

So mordor gaf, what is the consenus on the xbox one version. I have an xbox one now but will be getting a ps4 in 2 weeks. Should I wait for the ps4 or just get it on xbox now?

So mordor gaf, what is the consenus on the xbox one version. I have an xbox one now but will be getting a ps4 in 2 weeks. Should I wait for the ps4 or just get it on xbox now?

Played for about 16 hours right now and haven't noticed a single slow down except for one in beginning cutscenes of the game. It looks great and plays smooth as butter. My guess is that it's 900p/30fps where as the PS4 version is 1080p/30fps, so if resolutions matter to you so much I guess it's best to wait but if you don't care then the X1 version plays greatly.

SJRB

Gold Member
This game is so freaking good. I've been running around the Sea of Nurn dominating captains left and right. Initiation, Murder, Betrayal. This whole ordeal is starting to look like an afternoon soap opera, everybody is doublecrossing everybody and there's lines all across the Army of Sauron screen. It's getting pretty complex.

I'm also at the point where Orcs start running in fear when they realise they're about to die. It's just so cool to kill 10 dudes, have the last one run away stumbling and crying, wait until he's 200 feet away to give him the false sense of hope and then Shadow Strike and lob his head off.

Another favourite is the Orc standing on the edge of a ledge/cliff abut to execute a slave and just Shadowstrike out of nowhere and fucking destroy him.

Ultimate badass simulator 2014.

fedexpeon

Banned
Say what you want about the CAD comics or their writer, but Buckley(?) made a pretty nice highlight video showing how fearsome a Nemesis captain can get

That tracker trait is scary

I had a lvl 20 legendary captain within 4hrs of my game near that Sword Pit challenge area.
He has the worst trait, immune to combat finisher, range damage, and that super swing ability.
I killed him 3 times, and he kept coming back since I couldn't combo execute him!

Dinosur

Do all these cool Nemesis stories start happening in the second area, or what? I 100%ed the first area while I was out sick this week and didn't experience anything remotely cool like you guys and gals are talking about. From what I can tell, the system only really does something if you die or let someone live, and really, why would you choose either of those options? Between Pin in Place and that super dash move, Nemesis escape is rarely an intentional outcome.

I pretty much just killed everyone to the point there were only a couple scrub unknown Captains left and moved on to the next world.

Nokterian

Finally unlocked shadow strike and took the lethal one also..so damn good! I am still doing vendetta's and killing uruk's captain's left and right. Did a bit more progession on the story but overall i am loving this game so mutch. Dark Ranger skin looks amazing better then the standard one though.

valkyre

Finally unlocked shadow strike and took the lethal one also..so damn good! I am still doing vendetta's and killing uruk's captain's left and right. Did a bit more progession on the story but overall i am loving this game so mutch. Dark Ranger skin looks amazing better then the standard one though.

I dont like the regular skin as well. The Dark Ranger one is incredible I love it.

Would also love it if we could upgrade armor both in stats and looks.

Ein Bear

Just started playing this tonight, and oh man, I thought I was pretty good at the Arkham games, but the sheer amount of enemies on-screen at once are kicking my ass.

May need to try a bit more stealth haha.

Just started playing this tonight, and oh man, I thought I was pretty good at the Arkham games, but the sheer amount of enemies on-screen at once are kicking my ass.

Bushes and going vertical are lifesavers. Or just elf sprint away.

fedexpeon

Banned

Yup, that was why I forsake all my stats to get the 2500 Sword Execution to spam on Captains.
The numbers are just overwhelming, I don't know what kind of magic they have put in optimizing their engine for this game.

Around 2 hours played and I already have 4 Power 15-20 captains hunting me down, this system gets out of control pretty quickly if you're not careful.

Top Bottom