• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Finally took down the Captain that was doing my head in.

Immune to everything except stealth finishers.

Was a right pain in the neck when you were fighting a captain and he 'found' you.

Any tips for Squealer mission? Fuck this mission.

I attracted him away from the area with the Caragors and grabbed him while nobody was around to notice, after that I backed into a nearby corner and managed to hold him there for 20 seconds before any other enemies noticed.

LiK

Which one was that?

To lure out Warchief, you need to hold some guy for 20 seconds. I read the location can change so it's not the same for everyone. My guy happens to be at the end of a stronghold with a shitload of dudes.

I'll try luring him like you guys said. So annoyed this is a main mission requirement.

To lure out Warchief, you need to hold some guy for 20 seconds. I read the location can change so it's not the same for everyone. My guy happens to be at the end of a stronghold with a shitload of dudes.

I'll try luring him like you guys said. So annoyed this is a main mission requirement.

I believe there is a bee's nest thingy near where the highlighted enemy is, at least there was for me. I shot that down, and while they were all running in a frenzy i was able to grab the enemy and hold him for 20s before the noticed i was there.

I pretty much already had photo mode on the PC version.

15360174009_f79e9df14a_o.jpg

15318853040_b73201c83b_o.jpg

15264983490_3e89fc8fc0_o.jpg

15416222106_4d29f709bd_o.jpg

15465528971_22143d832a_o.jpg

15313261347_ea3cf345b8_o.jpg

LiK

I believe there is a bee's nest thingy near where the highlighted enemy is, at least there was for me. I shot that down, and while they were all running in a frenzy i was able to grab the enemy and hold him for 20s before the noticed i was there.

Yea, those nests are further away from him. I'll look around and develop a plan. I retried this mission like 6 times. The first few times was because that guy died from dudes I branded so I can't use that method.

w00zey

I am on the mission to brand 5 warchiefs. I have 4 done and everyone branded except the first row they appear on. The problem is I killed one guy by accident so now there are only 4 chiefs. Does anyone know if you can brand a chief on the other side of the map or will i have to die hoping they promote someone to warchief?

The targeting in this game is seriously pissing me off. I've never had an issue in the Arkham games with takedowns initiating on the wrong enemy. If my stick is tilted towards someone and I initiate a takedown, the fucker is going down.
This game? The enemy closest to you will likely override the direction you're pressing the stick towards. I've lost count of how many of my own captains that I've accidentally killed that way.
And just now I was setting up someone to become power level 20 so I can grab the lvl 25 rune trophy.. and the fucking game targets him during a duel so I once again accidentally killed my own captain.
Fucking annoying.

I am on the mission to brand 5 warchiefs. I have 4 done and everyone branded except the first row they appear on. The problem is I killed one guy by accident so now there are only 4 chiefs. Does anyone know if you can brand a chief on the other side of the map or will i have to die hoping they promote someone to warchief?

I had the same problem!

Open the map, put your cursor on a tower, and select Advance Time. Several promotions should occur, and if you branded everyone like you said one of them should get promoted to warchief.

BriGuy

Every time a chief shows up unexpectedly, I think of Danny Devito's take on Mini-Me at the beginning of the third Austin Powers movie. I can't help but laugh like an idiot every single time.

"Hey assholes! It's me! Urgmok! Come and get me!"

ys45

Any tips for Squealer mission? Fuck this mission.

I had no issue with this surprisingly, I literally drop down beside him grabbed him and kept backing off while other Uruks were hitting him instead of me I feared he was going to die be he did not :p

I got the
Brand ability
yesterday now the game just got real .
You become pretty powerful in this game which is awesome .

Thrakier

So I just started the game and it's completly overwhelming. I mean, really, I played games for all my life but this one gets me. So much stuff, menus, points, skills...whatever, modes, basically two main character with different abilities...I don't get it.

mephixto

Banned
Yea, those nests are further away from him. I'll look around and develop a plan. I retried this mission like 6 times. The first few times was because that guy died from dudes I branded so I can't use that method.

I used Lethal Shadow Strike + Shadow Strike Chain to kill all the dudes around the uruk.

Trying to get the poison a captain at his own feast trophy, fucked up my first attempt and I've been advancing time for the past 30 mins and no feasts will pop up. Am I doing something wrong?

You are less likely to see power struggles you've done recently, so try doing a few of the other ones that pop up to help bury them.

Arrrammis

I managed to get lucky the first try. Thank goodness getting hit didn't release my hold on the squealer, or maybe he was the one getting hit?

If you're holding an orc and you hold them between you and other enemies, the enemies will hit the orc you're holding instead of you. I actually tricked some orcs into killing a captain for me by doing this... laughs were had.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I just did a brutal stealth kill on a guy next to him. Everyone including him started running away. I shot his foot with an arrow to pin him down.

Photo Mode fits into SoM so well. Monolith is brilliant for enabling such a feature and allowing everyone to share their crazy Nemesis stories.

Also, I envy those that can play the game at normal settings, allowing everything to look all gorgeous.

RotatingFool

Neo Member
Really impressed with some of the photos being posted here. That latest update was a very smart addition.

Just finished the game today and, despite some disappointment with the ending, really enjoyed my time with it. The Nemesis System really was a fantastic way to inject some personality and player-driven narrative into the world.

Also, I've got two extra UK PS4 bonus codes if anyone is interested (for the 'Legion Edition' upgrade and the 'Dark Ranger' content). PM for either!

Just finished it. While I still dislike Batman style combat (and this game did nothing to change my mind on it) and the plot was nonsensical (might be because I only vaguely remember the moves) I still enjoyed my time with this game. Nemesis system saved this one for me. How good it looks and sounds (though we could use some variety in the BGM tracks) didn't hurt ether.

LiK

I had no issue with this surprisingly, I literally drop down beside him grabbed him and kept backing off while other Uruks were hitting him instead of me I feared he was going to die be he did not :p

I got the
Brand ability
yesterday now the game just got real .
You become pretty powerful in this game which is awesome .

I used Lethal Shadow Strike + Shadow Strike Chain to kill all the dudes around the uruk.

I just did a brutal stealth kill on a guy next to him. Everyone including him started running away. I shot his foot with an arrow to pin him down.

omg, you guys are so much smarter than me. will try all these methods. thanks

I love running into Captains randomly in the world, was riding a Caragor (sp?) when suddenly it shows a captain reveal a weakness to them and start fleeing, chased him down with on my trusty Caragor and had it eat his face.

hunchback

So I just started the game and it's completly overwhelming. I mean, really, I played games for all my life but this one gets me. So much stuff, menus, points, skills...whatever, modes, basically two main character with different abilities...I don't get it.

Let me help you out. Combat finally clicked for me. The first tower you start at has a few places that you can get 1 or 2 guys by themselves. Try to sneak and kill the first. If you get noticed or feel overwhelmed, just climb back up that first tower. Things will mellow back out and you can try it again. I was getting destroyed because you are weak so I ignored the first mission entirely until I was 100% confident with my combat and sneak skills. I just tried to stay semi close to that Tower and get a feel. It worked for me and now I can move more freely about.

ultron87

Am I missing something with this Combat Brand ability? It says to hit X and Circle with a charged streak but it doesn't seem to do anything. I just did the mission where you get branding.

Skux

I find the photo mode quite sluggish compared to Infamous. There's a bit of delay when you press L3 before the game actually stops so you have to anticipate the timing. And changing the DoF takes forever, they should have put some kind of acceleration on changing the settings.

Am I missing something with this Combat Brand ability? It says to hit X and Circle with a charged streak but it doesn't seem to do anything. I just did the mission where you get branding.

That's combat drain, you use it to recover your elf shot and terrify the enemy.

sangreal

I find the photo mode quite sluggish compared to Infamous. There's a bit of delay when you press L3 before the game actually stops so you have to anticipate the timing. And changing the DoF takes forever, they should have put some kind of acceleration on changing the settings.

That's combat drain, you use it to recover your elf shot and terrify the enemy.

it works for branding too

really trivializes some encounters

Gavin115

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the alternate skin for your character is only with pre-orders?
When I watched the GB quick look Brad said it came with all new copies, but I guess it's just pre-ordered copies?

Top Bottom