• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Dawg

Nemesis system is great.

I love how the system remembers so many small details. An orc taunting you because you ran away during the previous battle, an orc with a metal plate covering his eye because you shot him in the eye last time, ...

And then you have this one orc that accidentally killed me during a random battle. He became a captain. I vowed to kill him later, but ended up doing some exploring first. Fought a troll and barely escaped the battle with my life. Didn't have much health left.

But then, out of nowhere, that same orc from before appears with an entire group of orcs near me. I wasn't really prepared so that scumbag kills me again and grows in power... yet again. He actually managed to make me pissed :lol

I'm calling it a night for now, but I'm murdering that bastard tomorrow :p

Nemesis system is great.

I love how the system remembers so many small details. An orc taunting you because you ran away during the previous battle, an orc with a metal plate covering his eye because you shot him in the eye last time, ...

And then you have this one orc that accidentally killed me during a random battle. He became a captain. I vowed to kill him later, but ended up doing some exploring first. Fought a troll and barely escaped the battle with my life. Didn't have much health left.

But then, out of nowhere, that same orc from before appears with an entire group of orcs near me. I wasn't really prepared so that scumbag kills me again and grows in power... yet again. He actually managed to make me pissed :lol

That sounds really cool. I'm willing to bet games to come will take note of this system.

Nemesis system is great.

dLQEUOJ.gif

Braag

Well PC Gamer are saying it's on Ultra. There's literally no graphical differences between the video they posted and the PS4 shots I see here, aside from 1080p vs 1440p. PS4 version must be at Ultra settings.

The Ultra textures are a separate download, I wonder if PCG has stated that they actually have the separate Ultra textures installed or not.

How is the open world? on videos it looks sort of bland and empty compared to the epic lotr movies....

This is before Mordor went all volcanic :p

Kssio_Aug

Nemesis system is great.

This system sounds pretty impressive! *-*

Hoje0308

Banned
Ground Zeroes isn't slim pickins if you love the shit out of the game play and want to go after a lot of the extras. I got over fifteen hours in on that game.

I've probably put in ten hours just torturing the guards. I've had a lot of fun throwing them off cliffs and into moving vehicles. So much fun!

On topic: Saw one of Shinobi's tweets about a friend that posted about the nemesis system in this thread. Needless to say, I'll be picking this game up much sooner than anticipated. I'd probably buy it day one if it weren't for Driveclub.

Edit: Oh geez, I could have looked a few posts up and just quoted the actual statement.

This sounds awesome.
But what would happen if you left no orcs alive to remember your brutal killings?
There won't be a nemesis?

And that right there is the type of question I would have fun finding the answer to.

fedexpeon

Banned
Nemesis system is great.

This sounds awesome.
But what would happen if you left no orcs alive to remember your brutal killings?
There won't be a nemesis?

blakep267

theres a guy streaming this on the xbox one now. I don't know he link because I'm watching it on the console

The combat really does look just like ryse(no qte)/arkham games

statham

Nemesis system is great.

damn it, I have my buys for this year already set. This sounds incredible.

blakep267

Hmm... I wonder if it has anything to do with them not sending out any XB1 copies to reviewers.

well its co marketed by sony. So thats probably not why

idk. According to the guy who was just streaming it was 900p/30 fps....which I kind of find hard to believe

as for the guy, I was talking to him and he didn't seem to keen on it. Like it may be 1080/30, but the game itself isn't graphically intensive at all for it to run at 900p/30. There were maybe 3-4 orcs on screen at a time and tons of open space. No explosions etc

Sharpeye

Jeez imagine if the Xbone's version was the same as the last gen versions. But it does sound like a tomb raider situation in terms of fps.

Boke1879

After seeing all the great reviews, I had to pre-order it.

Yup. I've been having a great time with Destiny so I wasn't going to buy any games until black friday just to take advantage of deals. But this seems to have some out of no where. The great reviews pushed me over the edge.

Won't be buying anything until GTAV remaster and AC unity.

Top Bottom