• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Can't tell the resolution from the stream, but the gameplay looks REALLY smooth. i think there is a very good chance that its 60fps It say 900p 60fps

You can't tell that from the stream, because it's only streaming at 30fps.

you're right, you can't tell the exact FPS, but it was silky smooth with no slowdown. I'm not saying it is 100% 900 60. But based on what we have seen from 2 Xb1 streams that would be my educated guess.

VanWinkle

you're right, you can't tell the exact FPS, but it was silky smooth with no slowdown. I'm not saying it is 100% 900 60. But based on what we have seen from 2 Xb1 streams that would be my educated guess.

Right, and it could end up being 60, but it would look the exact same if it was 30fps with no slowdown on that stream.

It's either going to be 1080p / 30 fps locked or 900p / 60 fps with (I would assume) a more consistent 60fps than the PS4 version like we saw with Diablo 3 before it was patched. (Because of the lower resolution, obv)

Kssio_Aug

Why would that be hard to believe? I have a PS4 and a One and from past experience I'd be surprised if this isn't the case.

I also have both, and I will be much more surprised if it is 1080p 60fps on the PS4 and 900p 30fps on the XB1. If the PS4 is 60fps, I guess the XB1 is aswell... the difference may remain on 1080p x 900p.

Raxious

Ok guys, I'm from Europe and had a question. If I download this of the NA store, will I still have access to all the DLC that comes with the pre-order on my EU account? Also, if I were to get the Season Pass can I use that as well on my EU account.

Ok guys, I'm from Europe and had a question. If I download this of the NA store, will I still have access to all the DLC that comes with the pre-order on my EU account? Also, if I were to get the Season Pass can I use that as well on my EU account.

if this is PSN they DLC are region locked to the account. so NA game won't see DLC.

AsfaeksBR

Never read any of the Tolkien books, never watched any LotR/Hobbit movie. And yet, I really want to play this game! I think it's mostly for it's gameplay.

JimiNutz

Banned
I think the gameplay looks amazing and I really like the developers past games... But unfortunately I really don't like Lord of the Rings. I dislike it so much thaf I actually think it will limit my enjoyment of the game.

dreamfall

I think the gameplay looks amazing and I really like the developers past games... But unfortunately I really don't like Lord of the Rings. I dislike it so much thaf I actually think it will limit my enjoyment of the game.

I'm really with you on this. I mean the combat looks so satisfying, and generals remembering you and your failures is neat. I think I'm jumping in just to see how they're playing around with the notion of open world structure. I really, really don't like LotR either, but slashing away at things could be nice.

I'm really with you on this. I mean the combat looks so satisfying, and generals remembering you and your failures is neat. I think I'm jumping in just to see how they're playing around with the notion of open world structure. I really, really don't like LotR either, but slashing away at things could be nice.

You don't like the books but you like "slashing away at things." Tolkien just rolled over in his grave.

Arken2121

I think it would be fun if a bunch of us got together to play and see how varied the orcs are. Also friend each other for revenge kills!

Levyne

Banned
I think it would be fun if a bunch of us got together to play and see how varied the orcs are. Also friend each other for revenge kills!

Yeah, I hope not every player gets the token "coward" orc, eyepatch orc, etc. I hope they really are highly varied.

If you download from US psn, then you would have to get your DLC from US account also. Which would then all be playable on your EU account.

ZeroX03

Banned
The reviews swung me over, this game was barely on my radar. But Arkham and AC gameplay? Nemesis system? Yeah, I'm in day one.

kozpzr.png

Same day as P4U as well! This Tuesday is going to be fantastic.

It makes me so happy to hear PC users gripe about having to run it on low settings. I finally feel like consoles have (in all but rare cases of extravagant spending) caught up to PCs. Yea!

It makes me so happy to hear PC users gripe about having to run it on low settings. I finally feel like consoles have (in all but rare cases of extravagant spending) caught up to PCs. Yea!

Hahahaha;D

There is always something hilarious about people when they take comfort in the disdain and suffering of others. You don't know pain until your framerate is on the wrong side of zero.

anyone happen to know if that thing on xbox one still works where u can just change ur clock to New Zealand and unlock the game a day early?

ZeroX03

Banned
anyone happen to know if that thing on xbox one still works where u can just change ur clock to New Zealand and unlock the game a day early?

That only works for games with a globally uniform release date. SoM doesn't release til the 8th in New Zealand. US gets it first in the world.

Top Bottom