• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
With all the reviews out, why don't we know the correct resolutions and framerates?

We do for PS4; 1080 / 60fps unlocked

We don't for X1 because there hasn't been any review copies reviewed yet for the X1, thus the lack of info. Some reports say its' 720 / 30fps, others say its 900 / 30fps, it's all just rumors until tomorrow.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
We do for PS4; 1080 / 60fps unlocked

We don't for X1 because there hasn't been any review copies reviewed yet for the X1, thus the lack of info. Some reports say its' 720 / 30fps, others say its 900 / 30fps, it's all just rumors until tomorrow.
Why are people putting an emphasis on unlocked so much for the PS4 version? The impressions I've heard have described drops from 60 as "infrequent" and mostly when triggering animations that you can't interact during. I'm sure it drops on occasion but impressions sound great on the performance front right now.

hawk2025

On the stream:

Guy has done 17/20 story missions in 16 hours.

He's done a few of the sidequests, but there were a TON more to do, and he had about 30% of the artifacts.

Why are people putting an emphasis on unlocked so much for the PS4 version? The impressions I've heard have described drops from 60 as "infrequent" and mostly when triggering animations that you can't interact during.

I was wondering the same, but I also haven't seen anyone be very assertive either way. It's probably best to be cautious at this point on just how stable the framerate is until we know more.

I'm surprised that DF does not have a preliminary framerate analysis like they did for Destiny.

Jtrizzy

Yeah I'd like to know about the fps/resolution on the PS4 version so I can decide between it and my 580. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, PSN needs to get their shit together on these midnight releases. Unless it's some kind of gamestop moneyhat, these games should be unlocking at midnight EST.

I'd be playing at midnight tonight if GMG manages to send out the keys so I can preload.

Your thirst is real.

enhanced-buzz-10527-1389900392-13.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
On the stream:

Guy has done 17/20 story missions in 16 hours.

He's done a few of the sidequests, but there were a TON more to do, and he had about 30% of the artifacts.

I was wondering the same, but I also haven't seen anyone be very assertive either way. It's probably best to be cautious at this point on just how stable the framerate is until we know more.

I'm surprised that DF does not have a preliminary framerate analysis like they did for Destiny.
Sounds good for completion time. I'm more excited for the open world nemesis stuff to be honest.

I guess it is better to be on the safe side of guessing the framerate until we get DF's word.

Sounds good for completion time. I'm more excited for the open world nemesis stuff to be honest.

I guess it is better to be on the safe side of guessing the framerate until we get DF's word.

Streamer also said there was no patch for the game yet. I wonder if a day one patch could change things at all.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Why are people putting an emphasis on unlocked so much for the PS4 version? The impressions I've heard have described drops from 60 as "infrequent" and mostly when triggering animations that you can't interact during. I'm sure it drops on occasion but impressions sound great on the performance front right now.

Because....it's not a solid 60fps? Yes the drops are infrequent, mostly during the mind meld closeups, but it does hiccup now and then. Some people are really fussy about framerates, so it's just common courtesy to make mention that the framerate can drop a bit.

You know, looking out for each other and all of that.

Oh, and my orcish name is Muzgaash, of the tower - Uruk of Mordor. I want to know where this tower of mine is...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Because....it's not a solid 60fps? Yes the drops are infrequent, mostly during the mind meld closeups, but it does hiccup now and then. Some people are really fussy about framerates, so it's just common courtesy to make mention that the framerate can drop a bit.

You know, looking out for each other and all of that.

Oh, and my orcish name is Muzgaash, of the tower - Uruk of Mordor. I want to know where this tower of mine is...
I guess I'm just used to talking about console framerates where a drop every now and then is tolerated. Unlocked 60 seems to indicate performance more like Tomb Raider where impressions for this sound much more stable. Just a connotation issue, I guess.

Erban1

Made a few trades for this today...not a fan of LOTR in any way,but this looks like too much fun to pass up.

Now to get Monolith to apply the nemesis system to an open world crime game, that would be amazing.

OsirisBlack

Banned
watching the XB1 stream is the tearing because of the stream or the game? 900p isn't bad at all but I absolutely detest screen tearing.

SJRB

Gold Member
God I'm so hyped. Watched all three LotR extended edtions this weekend, and Desolation of Smaugh just now.

Just one more day of work and then it's on. Gonna hunt me some Orcs!

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
watching the XB1 stream is the tearing because of the stream or the game? 900p isn't bad at all but I absolutely detest screen tearing.

I don't trust streaming or even YT for tearing analysis.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

"Unlocked" is a meaningless term. What people should say is vsync or non-vsync.

VanWinkle

Yeah, seriously. If it really is 60fps and it only drops during some domination part that you're not even controlling, it's basically just 60fps. Unlocked implies it's going everywhere around that but hardly ever actually there. Which, I mean, who knows for sure until we play it or we see the DF article.

welp, just got word that my video card could take up to 30 days to get replaced from the manufacturer. Xbox One it is! going to preorder digitally right now

Top Bottom